DBD9 to Now?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
RoaringElbow

DBD9 to Now?

Post by RoaringElbow »

DBDIX was the last DVD I picked up. With (from what I heard) an underwhelming Glory by Honor and Final Battle...is there honestly anything worth getting from then until Showdown in the Sun?
187_Joeism

Re: DBD9 to Now?

Post by 187_Joeism »

The Homecoming 2012 for sure it was a good show Top to bottom, and then 10th Anniversary depends of your taste i think it was a show similar to Homecoming but others disagree
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

I am not caught up on dvds, but can say homecoming was a very enjoyable show
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

Homecoming was the last show I saw as well. I still have to watch the Rise and Prove and 10th Anniversary dvds.

I would easily recommend though the Battle in the Carolinas dvd set. You get two shows in one package and they are highlighted by the 80 minute elimination tag which is terrifically entertaining and fun. There is also a very good match between Edwards and Generico and a cracking match between Jay Lethal and Adam Cole. Reviews on this set have been very positive and I would say it is well worth picking up.

I actually really enjoyed the Richards/Generico match at Glory by Honor 10 and thought Survival of the Fittest was very enjoyable this year, but Battle in the Carolinas is a much better buy than both of these. Sadly I would have to agree with Final Battle being underwhelming this year, though the dvd does have a very good proving ground match between Richards and Elgin as a dvd extra.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

SOFT is worth it just to see last 10-15 minutes.

The Carolinas dvd is great fun and cracking value.