ROH/NJPW WAR OF THE WORLDS 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: ROH/NJPW WAR OF THE WORLDS 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by Montana »

WOTW - Chicago

Jay Lethal vs. Jeff Cobb vs. Rush vs. PCO - Four Corner Survival -
PJ Black vs. Karl Fredricks

Damn... that's a huge 4 way. Now i'm even more upset about Grand Rapids.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

That 4 Corner Survival match looks sick!! 3 undefeated talents and the former world champ.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Colt Cabana will make his first NWA National Title defense on Sunday, May 12th in Chicago, IL at @ringofhonor #GlobalWars against... Cowboy James Storm.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Hell yes James Storm.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

I'm sad we never got a Beer Money vs Briscoes match
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:22 am
TYFDK wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 pm
kovs27 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:38 pm

I could be wrong but I'm not sure Williams or Black have a singles win between them. Maybe Williams had 1 but I'm positive Black doesn't since January.
In singles matches, Williams has beaten David Finlay, Flip Gordon (who still was a contender at this point) and Rhett Titus. So with the Flip victory, you could say he has a shot, somewhat.

Black has only defeated Luchasaurus and Eli Isom since debuting. Nothing really big there.

Isom himself had that 4CS victory over Flip/Shane Taylor/Chris Sabin back in August, however, he and the rest of the Shinobi Shadow Squad are 9 of 11 in trios matches since forming. Not that that has anything to do with singles matches, but it’s something to note.

So personally I’d say half of them actually deserve to be in the match (Rush and Williams).
Williams beat Flip when he injured his knee. I forgot all about that. I can live with Isom being in that match. He has some high profile wins, even if they are mostly in trios matches. It would be nice if Black had a recent high profile win to show he belongs.
I will push back against Tracy deserving to be in this match. He hasn't won a singles match since January. Since then he has lost his only two singles match (three if you want to include the Honor Rumble at G1 Supercard), including a loss to Rush. Rush is 7-0 in singles matches in ROH, and the only time he has ever lost in ROH came as part of a six-man tag and he wasn't the one who got pinned. He shouldn't even need to be in a #1 contendership match at this point. He's already done more than enough to earn a title shot.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Via Ecks Files:

- The winner of the Four Corner Survival Match in Grand Rapids between RUSH, Tracy Williams, PJ Black and Eli Isom -- all of whom have never wrestled for the ROH World Championship -- will receive a shot at the title, which is currently held by Matt Taven, at State of the Art in Kent, Was., on June 1.

- Cabana, who defeated Willie Mack on the Crockett Cup show to win the NWA National Championship, will defend the title against James Storm in Cabana’s hometown of Chicago on May 12.

- Also signed for Chicago is a Four Corner Survival tag team match between The Kingdom (TK O’Ryan and Vinny Marseglia), The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser and Brawler Milonas), Coast 2 Coast (LSG and Shaheem Ali) and NJPW Young Lions Alex Coughlin and Clark Connors.

- Speaking of Klein and War of the Worlds, it was just announced that she will defend her championship against Kaitlin Diemond in Buffalo on May 8.

- The enigmatic Dalton Castle will appear on all four War of the Worlds shows, but he is not signed to compete on any of them. The Allure (Angelina Love, Velvet Sky and Mandy Leon) is also scheduled to be on all four tour stops.

- Shane Taylor is petitioning the ROH Board of Directors to make the Four Corner Survival Match at War of the Worlds in Toronto on May 9 between him, ROH World Television Champion Jeff Cobb, Brody King and Hirooki Goto be for Cobb’s title. Taylor pushed Cobb to the limit in both of their one-on-one meetings in ROH. There is no response yet from the board regarding Taylor’s request.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I like that the winner of the 4 Corner isnt getting the big shot at BITW. Hopes Rush gets another big victory there and then challenges for the title during summer/fall.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Jeff Cobb should drop the ROH TV title to Goto in the four way and then later they could re-unify the belts in a singles match.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

famicommander wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:20 pm Jeff Cobb should drop the ROH TV title to Goto in the four way and then later they could re-unify the belts in a singles match.
No please.

Sienna defends NWA Woman’s Championship against Marti Belle in Chicago.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thats a better match than klein vs shadows.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:44 pm I like that the winner of the 4 Corner isnt getting the big shot at BITW. Hopes Rush gets another big victory there and then challenges for the title during summer/fall.
I hope that means that RUSH isn’t winning because State of the Art shouldn’t be their title match, unless they screw him and it leads to bigger things. I wished that the match would have been at BITW.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Fri May 03, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I think the obvious play is Kingdom shenanigans costing Rush the title, leading to his formation of his own faction in ROH.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Give me Los Ingobernables de Estados Unidos
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lossssss
Montana

Post by Montana »

The enigmatic Dalton Castle will appear on all four War of the Worlds shows, but he is not signed to compete on any of them. The Allure (Angelina Love, Velvet Sky and Mandy Leon) is also scheduled to be on all four tour stops. …

Interesting that Castle will be at all four shows, but not planning on wrestling? Maybe some impromptu matches, or he healing some nagging injuries? Grand Rapids could use some help.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:34 pm thats a better match than klein vs shadows.
Is it? I remember Marti Belle being pretty terrible.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Are these shows gonna be live on Honor Club?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Why wouldn't they be? Every show is live on Honor Club except the TV tapings.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Mike Adamle wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:56 pm Are these shows gonna be live on Honor Club?
Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, yes. Sunday is a TV taping and those are not aired live.