ROH/NJPW WAR OF THE WORLDS 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ROH/NJPW WAR OF THE WORLDS 2019 OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by AlexROH »

Montana wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:49 am That kinda sucks for the Toronto/Detroit/Chicago shows. Kind of surprised they would book these events that close together. Plus you'd think WOTW would get more of the heavyweight / top tier talent in return. (Niato/Tanahashi, Okada, etc) or get some more CMLL talent.

BOSJ starts May 13th, so it's very likely they could miss all 3 final shows of the tour.
With tickets moving slow for G1 in Dallas, njpw needs to create expectation regarding their top talent.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

CHICAGO

WOW... a straight njpw match in roh, finally.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

CHICAGO

GRAND RAPIDS

MAIN EVENT – TEN-MAN TAG TEAM BOUT

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

GRAND RAPIDS

FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL MATCH SIGNED FOR GRAND RAPIDS, WINNER EARNS SHOT AT ROH WORLD TITLE

LETS GO RUSH!

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

GRAND RAPIDS

:roll: :roll: :roll:

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Poor Grand Rapids, what a shitty card:

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

HAHAHAHA PCO vs haskins is good also the 4 way is interesting...worst card of the tour so far.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Of all the women wrestlers in the country.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, Grand Rapids is looking pretty weak. Think the only other wrestlers who aren’t booked for the show are Brody king, Dalton Castle & the boys and Kenny King. I’d rather see lethal & Cobb vs Briscoes and then goto/nagata/kojima vs bully Silas and Shane. Not to mention no title matches. How is the njpw and Roh dojo’s on the main card, with guys like Dalton/Brody not booked yet. Not to mention, a new market bc it’s about 2 hours from the Detroit area. Ughh

Grand Rapids:

Lethal, Cobb, goto, nagata , kojima vs briscoes, Silas, Shane Taylor , bully Ray

Pco vs mark Haskins

The Kingdom vs GOD and hikuleo

T. Williams vs. rush vs Isom vs. pj black

Bouncers vs Evil / Sanada

Fredricks/Coughlin vs Coast to Coast

Cheeseburger vs Connors

Klein vs Shadows

(Then whatever Dalton, Brody, Kenny are doing)
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dalton is not listed for this tour so far..

that woh match..ugh!!
Montana

Post by Montana »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:21 pm dalton is not listed for this tour so far..

that woh match..ugh!!
Said he was scheduled to appear on the live event page for Grand Rapids , but I guess I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s out of date.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Guessing RUSH will win that 4 way to set up Taven vs. RUSH for the title at the Hammerstein.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Really wish either PJ or Tracy get the victory there and get their title shot at a TV Taping or B Show. I don't wanna see Rush challenging at BITW, looks like a little bit too early for me.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i want rush vs taven in bitw and after a long feud until final battle with rush winning the tittle.
Montana

Post by Montana »

The other thing, has pj black, Tracy Williams or Eli Isom even won that many matches to be in a #1 contenders match?!? Probably over thinking it, but Williams is probably the only one on paper that makes sense to be in there with Rush.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Sad that not one match on this tour has me excited I know people are excited for silas vs Nagata and he does deserve it but I couldn't care less about silas vs Nagata sad that we couldn't get Lethal vs Nagata that is very disappointing.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:52 pm The other thing, has pj black, Tracy Williams or Eli Isom even won that many matches to be in a #1 contenders match?!? Probably over thinking it, but Williams is probably the only one on paper that makes sense to be in there with Rush.
I could be wrong but I'm not sure Williams or Black have a singles win between them. Maybe Williams had 1 but I'm positive Black doesn't since January.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:38 pm
Montana wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:52 pm The other thing, has pj black, Tracy Williams or Eli Isom even won that many matches to be in a #1 contenders match?!? Probably over thinking it, but Williams is probably the only one on paper that makes sense to be in there with Rush.
I could be wrong but I'm not sure Williams or Black have a singles win between them. Maybe Williams had 1 but I'm positive Black doesn't since January.
In singles matches, Williams has beaten David Finlay, Flip Gordon (who still was a contender at this point) and Rhett Titus. So with the Flip victory, you could say he has a shot, somewhat.

Black has only defeated Luchasaurus and Eli Isom since debuting. Nothing really big there.

Isom himself had that 4CS victory over Flip/Shane Taylor/Chris Sabin back in August, however, he and the rest of the Shinobi Shadow Squad are 9 of 11 in trios matches since forming. Not that that has anything to do with singles matches, but it’s something to note.

So personally I’d say half of them actually deserve to be in the match (Rush and Williams).
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

They said on the website that this is a 1st contender for people who have never been in a ROH world title match.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

TYFDK wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:12 pm
kovs27 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:38 pm
In singles matches, Williams has beaten David Finlay, Flip Gordon (who still was a contender at this point) and Rhett Titus. So with the Flip victory, you could say he has a shot, somewhat.

Black has only defeated Luchasaurus and Eli Isom since debuting. Nothing really big there.

Isom himself had that 4CS victory over Flip/Shane Taylor/Chris Sabin back in August, however, he and the rest of the Shinobi Shadow Squad are 9 of 11 in trios matches since forming. Not that that has anything to do with singles matches, but it’s something to note.

So personally I’d say half of them actually deserve to be in the match (Rush and Williams).
Williams beat Flip when he injured his knee. I forgot all about that. I can live with Isom being in that match. He has some high profile wins, even if they are mostly in trios matches. It would be nice if Black had a recent high profile win to show he belongs.