SUPERCARD/WRESTLEMANIA WEEKEND SCRAPPED DUE TO COVID-19 CRISIS

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

SUPERCARD/WRESTLEMANIA WEEKEND SCRAPPED DUE TO COVID-19 CRISIS

Post by supersonic »

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/ ... -statement
"In coordination with local partners and government officials, WrestleMania and all related events in Tampa Bay will not take place. However, WrestleMania will still stream live on Sunday, April 5 at 7 pm ET on WWE Network and be available on pay-per-view. Only essential personnel will be on the closed set at WWE’s training facility in Orlando, Florida to produce WrestleMania."
Last edited by supersonic on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
supersonic

Re: Supercard Weekend (WM36) in Tampa - Spring 2020

Post by supersonic »

Confirmed WWE Events:

2019 Hall of Fame Ceremony - Thursday, April 2, 2020 - Amelie Arena
SmackDown - Friday, April 3, 2020 - Amelie Arena
NXT Takeover: Tampa - Saturday, April 4, 2020 - Amelie Arena
WrestleMania 36 - Sunday, April 5, 2020 - Raymond James Stadium
Raw - Monday, April 6, 2020 - Amelie Arena

Raymond James Stadium A-Z Fan Guide
Raymond James Stadium FAQ
These links include bag and outside food/drink policies.

Axxess location TBD

Other wrestling shows TBD

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/WWN ... gaXke5WOZQ
TAMPA, FL - WWN, Inc. (WWN) is proud and excited to announce that the 2020 WWNLive Experience will be held at The Bryan Glazer Family JCC, which in on the historic site of the Fort Homer W. Hesterly Armory in Tampa, Florida. It will take place April 2nd-4th, 2020.

The Bryan Glazer Family JCC is a state-of-the-art facility located approximately two miles from the Tampa Convention Center & the Amalie Arena. The address is 522 N. Howard Ave in Tampa, FL. This is in close proximity to all the Wrestlemania activities.

"Tampa Bay has been our home since WWN first started in 2001." said WWN President Sal Hamaoui. "When we first heard that Wrestlemania might be coming to Tampa in 2020, we knew exactly where we needed to hold our events. No building in Florida is more closely associated with professional wrestling than the Fort Homer W. Hesterly Armory."

The Fort Homer W. Hesterly Armory was an institution during the territory days, with events promoted by the legendary Eddie Graham. The venue hosted some of the greatest events of all time every Tuesday night for Championship Wrestling from Florida. A hall of fame roster graced the building, including Dusty Rhodes, Jack Briscoe, Terry & Dory Funk, Jr., Harley Race and Ric Flair.

"Mike Graham, the son of legendary promoter Eddie Graham, was instrumental in me getting my start in the industry," Hamaoui said. "He was my mentor. It means a lot for all of us at WWN to be bringing these events to such a historic venue. This is truly hallowed ground."
Last edited by supersonic on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Placeholder post for non-wrestling items
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

With the placeholder posts out of the way, is it Lakeland again? After MSG, do they stick to the major venues? Is NJPW on board again? What's the AEW effect?

I definitely expect an NXT taping on the closing Wednesday at Full Sail since Orlando isn't too far away.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Probably either USF or Lakeland. They have history in the Lakeland venue as it's a regular stop for them but USF is actually within Tampa. I don't see it being a main arena for Supercard. One factor people aren't taking into account of why G1 Supercard sold so well is the fact that it is in NYC.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Taking a break from Mania this year. But I'm thinking of going next year. I'd be checking out Supercard if I go.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Just a heads up that for shows at mainstream venues, which includes all WWE and maybe for AEW and ROH/NJPW, I'll be inquiring for group tickets and donating a portion of the proceeds to the following 2 charities.

Stomp Out Bullying
https://www.stompoutbullying.org/

Big Cat Rescue
https://bigcatrescue.org/
(Accredited by the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries)
supersonic

Re: Supercard Weekend in Tampa Bay (WM36 on 4/5/2020)

Post by supersonic »

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/WWN ... gaXke5WOZQ
TAMPA, FL - WWN, Inc. (WWN) is proud and excited to announce that the 2020 WWNLive Experience will be held at The Bryan Glazer Family JCC, which in on the historic site of the Fort Homer W. Hesterly Armory in Tampa, Florida. It will take place April 2nd-4th, 2020.

The Bryan Glazer Family JCC is a state-of-the-art facility located approximately two miles from the Tampa Convention Center & the Amalie Arena. The address is 522 N. Howard Ave in Tampa, FL. This is in close proximity to all the Wrestlemania activities.

"Tampa Bay has been our home since WWN first started in 2001." said WWN President Sal Hamaoui. "When we first heard that Wrestlemania might be coming to Tampa in 2020, we knew exactly where we needed to hold our events. No building in Florida is more closely associated with professional wrestling than the Fort Homer W. Hesterly Armory."

The Fort Homer W. Hesterly Armory was an institution during the territory days, with events promoted by the legendary Eddie Graham. The venue hosted some of the greatest events of all time every Tuesday night for Championship Wrestling from Florida. A hall of fame roster graced the building, including Dusty Rhodes, Jack Briscoe, Terry & Dory Funk, Jr., Harley Race and Ric Flair.

"Mike Graham, the son of legendary promoter Eddie Graham, was instrumental in me getting my start in the industry," Hamaoui said. "He was my mentor. It means a lot for all of us at WWN to be bringing these events to such a historic venue. This is truly hallowed ground."
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/excl ... ndie-shows
"We have a contract locked up already. It's already been signed, so there's nothing they can do," Joey Janela told Fightful. "If they [WWE] kibosh all the other indies that weekend, has nothing to do with me. Brett Lauderdale was ahead of the game. He was in Tampa last week. Deal is done, there's nothing they can do. We're expecting something special next year. It's going to be a wild crowd."
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Regarding next year’s WrestleMania, WWE is trying to lock up Tampa and St. Petersburg to keep the independent shows out of the city. They tried that in San Jose but the Fairgrounds booked a ton of shows, but most other buildings like the old Civic Auditorium wouldn’t allow anyone in, which is why ROH had to run in Redwood City. With WWE running the Amalie Arena, the other area arena is the 10,500-seat Yuengling Center on the campus of the University of South Florida (which used to be known as the Sun Dome and was the home of the 1995 Royal Rumble). The Vinik Enterprises runs both that building and the Amalie Arena, so that could be locked out. ROH ran the RP Funding Center in Lakeland which is 35 miles away from Tampa, when they ran Orlando. The problem is they can only put about 4,000 in that building, which would be on the small side for a show with New Japan. There is also the University Arena CDC Gym in North Tampa, which holds 600, which would be okay, a little small, for the bigger indies, but again, WWE runs NXT house shows in that building regularly. Orlando, which has a ton of places, is about 85 miles away which is not optimum at all
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

With WM35 weekend now in the books, it's time I announce that I'll be in Tampa next year, but it's TBD if I'm attending WM36 itself.

After what just happened at MetLife Stadium, I will step up and volunteer a year in advance to be a personal Uber driver for you guys when WM36 ends at Raymond James Stadium. I sure as fuck won't be charging $100, $200, etc. The logistics are TBD, and I obviously can't take care of everyone, but I'll do what I can since I'll be driving there. I'm also going to try convincing another friend to contribute via his rental vehicle too.

In lieu of profiting from the task, I'll just say that whoever decides to take me up on being a personal Uber, any funds given will be 100% donated to Tampa's Big Cat Rescue sanctuary. Info on that charity can be found in the URL below.

https://bigcatrescue.org/
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Hopefully the schedule for the top non WM shows goes Takeover and JJSB 4 on Thursday, Wrestlecon Supershow on Friday, ROH/NJPW on Saturday.

Also think ROH if they have any involvement with G1 Supercard it should only be to lend a few guys to the show like Cobb, Lethal, Bandido, etc. ROH should actually run a double shot again maybe even work with Wrestlecon ROH can provide production equipment and ring like in 2016 while Wrestlecon provides the venue.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Room booked at Extended Stay America (via mobile app) in Clearwater, 5 nights for just $300 (thanks to introductory 20% off discount.) If planning to stay through Tuesday morning, you'll need to wait 24 hours to book a room with the chain.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I've used Airbnb the last two years and would recommend it over a hotel. The location of my airbnb in Jersey City was 5 minutes away from White Eagle Hall which was super clutch after jjsb3p2.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Just booked my airbnb. 12 minute walk from the collective. 20 minute drive from Mania. 12 minute drive to NXT (I'm guessing.) Very nice to have that out of the way with.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

NHL home games within a 7-day window of WrestleMania 36

Tampa Bay Lightning
vs. Ottawa Senators - Tuesday, March 31 (7PM)

Florida Panthers (Miami)
vs. New York Rangers - Monday, March 30 (7PM)
vs. Ottawa Senators - Thursday, April 2 (7PM)
vs. Washington Capitals - Saturday, April 2 (7PM)
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

supersonic wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:23 pm NHL home games within a 7-day window of WrestleMania 36

Tampa Bay Lightning
vs. Ottawa Senators - Tuesday, March 31 (7PM)

Florida Panthers (Miami)
vs. New York Rangers - Monday, March 30 (7PM)
vs. Ottawa Senators - Thursday, April 2 (7PM)
vs. Washington Capitals - Saturday, April 2 (7PM)
Thank you for this, supersonic. Have family in Tampa and thought about spending an entire week in Tampa, so knowing there’s a Lightning game I could go see now gives me more incentive!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

NBA home games within a 7-day window of WrestleMania 36

Orlando Magic
vs. New Orleans Pelicans - Sunday, March 29 (6PM)
vs. Charlotte Hornets - Wednesday, April 1 (7PM)
vs. Boston Celtics - Friday, April 10 (7PM)

Miami Heat
vs. Indiana Pacers - Tuesday, April 7 (7:30PM)
vs. Detroit Piston - Thursday, April 9 (7:30PM)
vs. Boston Celtics - Saturday, April 11 (8PM)
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

MLB Florida home series falling within a 7-day window of WrestleMania 36

Tampa Bay Rays vs, Pittsburgh Pirates
Thursday, March 26 (Opening Day)
Saturday, March 28
Sunday, March 29

Tampa Bay Rays vs. New York Yankees
Monday, March 30
Tuesday, March 31
Wednesday, April 1

Miami Marlins vs. Philadelphia Phillies
Thursday, March 26 @ 4:10 PM (Opening Day)
Friday, March 27 @ 7:10 PM
Saturday, March 28 @ 6:10 PM
Sunday, March 29 @ 1:10 PM

Miami Marlins vs. Washington Nationals
Monday, March 30 @ 6:40 PM
Tuesday, March 31 @ 6:40 PM
Wednesday, April 1 @ 1:10 PM

Miami Marlins vs. Atlanta Braves
Thursday, April 9 @ 6:40 PM
Friday, April 10 @ 7:10 PM
Saturday, April 11 @ 6:10 PM
Friday, April 12 @ 1:10 PM