Official ROH 17th Anniversary Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Official ROH 17th Anniversary Thread

Post by AlexROH »

ROH 17th Anniversary (Live on pay-per-view and for HonorClub VIP)
Friday, March 15 Sam’s Town Live
5111 Boulder Highway
Las Vegas, Nev. Bell Time: 6 p.m. PT

ALREADY SIGNED:

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH
ROH WORLD CHAMPION JAY LETHAL vs. MATT TAVEN

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH JAY AND MARK BRISCOE vs. PCO AND BRODY KING OF VILLAIN ENTERPRISES

BANDIDO VS. RUSH

MARTY SCURLL VS. KENNY KING

SCHEDULED TO APPEAR:

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION JEFF COBB
WOH WORLD CHAMPION MAYU IWATANI
THE KINGDOM’S TK O’RYAN AND VINNY MARSEGLIA
DALTON CASTLE AND THE BOYS
MARK HASKINS
SHANE TAYLOR
SILAS YOUNG
JONATHAN GRESHAM
KELLY KLEIN

(CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Last edited by AlexROH on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexROH

Re: Official ROH 17th Anniversary Thread

Post by AlexROH »

Aaaaaaaaaaand here it is the big match. Super excited for this one since I don't really know who is gonna win and that is a feeling I really love about wrestling, specially PPV main events

And the already confirmed Tag Title Match (hope it ends with some kind of cheat by the Briscoes so we can get a big Street Fight between this 4 in MSG)

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

finally taven vs lethal.

can we see jay white and tave going to msg as champs?? interesting
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:10 am Aaaaaaaaaaand here it is the big match. Super excited for this one since I don't really know who is gonna win and that is a feeling I really love about wrestling, specially PPV main events
I think I'm leaning a bit toward Taven winning because of how much clearer a Taven/Rush dynamic would play out contra a Lethal/Rush defense. (Not to mention how there probably never was long-term plans made for Lethal's reign.) But it's definitely something that can go either way. It's the best built PPV shot in a while, maybe years. In terms of windup, it's on the same scale as Lethal/Briscoe.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

taven vs rush at the garden for the world tittle ?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I still think Lethal is going into the Garden as champ and defending against Scurll. Taven and Rush can still have a match without the title being involved.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

This is Taven's time. I hope he wins the title and also delivers the best match of his career so far.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 pm
AlexROH wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:10 am Aaaaaaaaaaand here it is the big match. Super excited for this one since I don't really know who is gonna win and that is a feeling I really love about wrestling, specially PPV main events
I think I'm leaning a bit toward Taven winning because of how much clearer a Taven/Rush dynamic would play out contra a Lethal/Rush defense. (Not to mention how there probably never was long-term plans made for Lethal's reign.) But it's definitely something that can go either way. It's the best built PPV shot in a while, maybe years. In terms of windup, it's on the same scale as Lethal/Briscoe.
Rush vs Taven for the title could be an awesome match for the Garden, but Scurll still has his shot so I see him getting the title match in the Garden.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Seems like the time is right for Taven vs. Lethal at the 17th anniversary event. Taven has been heating up over the past few months/year. That being said, i'm not sure i'm ready for a Taven title run... not sure.. maybe i am. I think i like the idea of Marty vs. Jay for the title more than Taven vs. Rush at MSG. They could do both matches. Hell a 4 way would be sweet too. Have Jay be the first eliminated.. that would shake things up. Lots of options.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Marty is probably on the way out shortly after MSG. Rovert said he's likely WWE bound, and if he's not... well... obviously there's AEW.

Takes all the tension out if you know he isn't sticking around long term. He shouldn't main event the biggest show in company history unless he signs a new deal.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I'm going for a Taven win and I hope he does, nothing against Lethal as a holder hes been his usual greatness but it's time for something new and Taven has more than delivered with a champion persona. He ust needs that one match to solidify him while taking him to the next level and hopefully this is it. I would hope his experience in the main event scene in Mexico will have have helped him and he will feel comfortable in the spot.

I can see it being Taven and Marty at MSG unless ROH books it for the Baltimore Arena and then have Taven vs Rush at MSG.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 am I'm going for a Taven win and I hope he does, nothing against Lethal as a holder hes been his usual greatness but it's time for something new and Taven has more than delivered with a champion persona. He ust needs that one match to solidify him while taking him to the next level and hopefully this is it. I would hope his experience in the main event scene in Mexico will have have helped him and he will feel comfortable in the spot.

I can see it being Taven and Marty at MSG unless ROH books it for the Baltimore Arena and then have Taven vs Rush at MSG.
Forgot about the Baltimore show. Scurll challenging in Baltimore would make sense and will help with the tickets sales.

Have Rush as the first contender and Scuurll vs Taven is your big match in Baltimore where the winner faces Rush in MSG.

As fammicomander said, wouldn't make sense to put Scurll in the main event of your biggest show ever if he is leaving in June.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Scurll goes to NWA as ROH champ make sense.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

ICHIFUJI wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:18 am Scurll goes to NWA as ROH champ make sense.
....how does that make sense?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:57 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 am I'm going for a Taven win and I hope he does, nothing against Lethal as a holder hes been his usual greatness but it's time for something new and Taven has more than delivered with a champion persona. He ust needs that one match to solidify him while taking him to the next level and hopefully this is it. I would hope his experience in the main event scene in Mexico will have have helped him and he will feel comfortable in the spot.

Forgot about the Baltimore show. Scurll challenging in Baltimore would make sense and will help with the tickets sales.

Have Rush as the first contender and Scuurll vs Taven is your big match in Baltimore where the winner faces Rush in MSG.

As fammicomander said, wouldn't make sense to put Scurll in the main event of your biggest show ever if he is leaving in June.
Yeah I think that makes the most sense considering they have been building the Villian Enterprises vs The Kingdom as a little underneath fued for a few weeks, so I can see this as the pay off to that. Unless they do the rematch of Lethal and Taven at Baltimore and then have Taven vs Marty at MSG.

Honestly there are so many permutations with regards to this it's really interesting but also kind of draining to guess what could happen. It might be easier to just let this one play out rather than try to second guess.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Some smart points have been made that Scurll challenging in Baltimore would make a lot of sense. More, Lethal defending against Scurll sounds way more appealing than a Taven defense against him at a stage like MSG, but I also can't see Scurll winning his title shot (considering his contract) nor would I know what you would do with Lethal if he blows past both Taven and Scurll.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

wouldn't make sense to put Scurll in the main event ..im agree with all of you, all depends of his future with the company.

also idk if lizard man sees rush as a main eventer..( i know is stupid if he cant see him as a megastar but...)

lot of different options...

i will be down for a lethal vs rush at the garden too
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:20 am Some smart points have been made that Scurll challenging in Baltimore would make a lot of sense. More, Lethal defending against Scurll sounds way more appealing than a Taven defense against him at a stage like MSG, but I also can't see Scurll winning his title shot (considering his contract) nor would I know what you would do with Lethal if he blows past both Taven and Scurll.
They could go back to Kenny King, considering they have been building that up, but if Lethal losses does he still profess he should be the champ? Plus there is still Flips title shot still to come, though I think he will win the title at Final Battle if he signs another extension with the company later on this year.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I just have a hard time buying that Lethal isn't going into MSG as the champion. All the promos that Lethal cut about how important it is to him to be the champion going into MSG make it hard for me to believe any other option.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I still think Lethal / Scurll should be the plan for MSG. It's fine to argue that if Scurll isn't part of the picture going forward, he shouldn't be in such a high profile match. And if you think you can get the same crowd response running Taven vs Rush or Lethal vs Rush / Bandido / etc, then go for it. But for me, at the end of the day, what is most important is that this show has an invested crowd that cares about the matches on the card and that ROH leaves the show feeling like a big deal. You'll obviously have a lot of fans who only follow ROH casually, I say don't overthink it. Put your champion (who has been a household name among smarks for over a decade and who you are arguing is the greatest champion in your company's history) against the most popular guy on the roster and worry about the rest later.