Current ROH = bad majors?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Granatapersempre

Current ROH = bad majors?

Post by Granatapersempre »

First of all sorry for my bad English, I'm running and I'm using google translator, which is a shit.

I'm a fan of ROH since 2006, and I must say that I have never seen ROH so unsightly. TNA seems to be present at any moment.

I am not speaking of the roster that I think is a great potential despite the departure of some 90 pieces, the ROH continues to take the best of the indies and more can not do. okay.

But can like it or not, the ROH is an indies! Not a major, is all I'm making an effort to look at a major label makes me pretty sick. The format of the tapings is poor, with tappins tv, house show and IPPV, the chronology goes to hell and you do not understand anything, and there are too few real shows and tapings. And if you do not follow the tapings're fucked, because you lose the thread of the storylines.

But this is not what is serious. The serious thing is that the show really is becoming more and more like a major. There are more and more classic feud; face vs heel, encounters interference and finished with a roll-up and another junk. Almost 75% of the matches have a ridiculous finals, why? This helps us?

At last IPPV, saved by a great main event, we have witnessed the total shit. 4/5 matches have ended for roll-up or inferences and the other was the Ciampa squash. Mah

In addition, there are few shows, there are few defenses, I say no return to the format adopted in 2006 and 2007 with 4 months to show, but fuck, it takes at least two!

I hope I have understood, I apologize again for google translation
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Re: Current ROH = bad majors?

Post by classic-cabana »

I much prefer the DVD only format that was ROH from its beginning to 2007 but Im afraid thats a thing of the past BUT I do love the fact I can get to watch ROH live via the iPPVs.

Its good that it has TV/iPPV as it gets the product out to those who cant attend live shows and dont have the finances to buy every ROH show.

Its easy to follow ROH without messing with continuity if you only watch TV and iPPVs. DVDs can be an issue as they are released a few months after time and I can understand why people are relunctant to buy DVDs. Thats why ROH really need to put on stellar house shows that make it worth buying 2-3 months later. Id much rather by one cracking house show than 2 decent shows bundled together as a set.

I dont see the problem with face-heel fueds, thats what wrestling is all about.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

I wish every non tv taping could just be shown on IPPV. I'd gladly pay 10-15 bucks for 4 shows a month. A lot of people don't have the extra money for that, but it would be good for people that can afford it and make it easier to follow the overall product.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

ROH Fan 81 wrote:I wish every non tv taping could just be shown on IPPV. I'd gladly pay 10-15 bucks for 4 shows a month. A lot of people don't have the extra money for that, but it would be good for people that can afford it and make it easier to follow the overall product.
I'd definately get every show if prices were reduced or a subscription service was introduced. Maybe when IPPVs are done in-house they could do this I'd still buy the better/significant shows on disc.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

If they had 4 shows a month on IPPV at 10 bucks a piece that would still be what a WWE ppv cost so it would be totally affordable. Not sure if that would be worth it for them, but it would be awesome for the fans that want it.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

classic-cabana wrote:I much prefer the DVD only format that was ROH from its beginning to 2007 but Im afraid thats a thing of the past
I think it's important for the quality of the product that DVDs are a major part of the business model. On PPV, the show is already sold before it happens. So the main purpose is to sell the next one, thus they have to concentrate on storylines that keep the fans interested.
On DVD, the fans can read reviews before they make the decision. So the main issue is the quality of the matches.

My wrestling consumtion is almost exclusively DVDs. I buy shows of various groups from past and present. (I'm certainly not interested in watching 40 to 50 shows per year from one single promotion.) My decision is based on who is on the card and if I'm confident that the booker makes the best out of the wrestlers' skills.
Granatapersempre wrote:The serious thing is that the show really is becoming more and more like a major. There are more and more classic feud; face vs heel, encounters interference and finished with a roll-up and another junk. Almost 75% of the matches have a ridiculous finals, why?
They may think that it makes the fans come back to see the real winner next time. It may work for a while, but on the long run, it will make the fans go away.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

For me, Indies are better than Majors(If doubt,try some Mc****** hamburgers).
But people chose Majors.
I tolerate that.
Colt45

Post by Colt45 »

Despite having a difficulty reading that, I concur 100%. I liked ROH because it practically screamed INDY fed. Everything from the story lines and matches, to the way it was booked seemed underground.

ROH is still good for great match, but that's about it. I also agreed with the distribution. I liked having the DVD only release because it made each show feel important. It was fun doing a little research on the board, and finding the dvd with the right matches to warrant your purchase. I still hunt around for oop dvd's when I have spare cash.

Not bashing the product,but I guess I just prefer Gabe's style.