This year is starting to really shape up compared to last.

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
fm20000

This year is starting to really shape up compared to last.

Post by fm20000 »

Last year outside of NYC shows there were maybe 4-5 shows that were REALLY worth checking out and this year has already almost surpassed that. Earlier in the year we got GBH X on DVD (even though it happened last year no one watched it till 2012) along with the Homecoming which were two great shows. Then we've gotten the 10th anniversary show(which I thought was great) and the SITS shows which had some great matchups and BY FAR the MOTY for all of wrestling.And there is still a LOT more to come.

Chikara vs ROH at Unity, Border wars with Steen vs Davey and a Finlay appearance, and then Best in the World 2012 which will surely be a great show. And that's only through June. We've still got 6 more months after Best in the World.

Earlier in the year a ton of people were complaining (including myself about some issues) but ROH has really start to put it together by the Spring and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the year. I just want more fresh matchups and that will keep me and I'm sure everyone else interested. And hopefully we still get some outside Japanese talent even though I heard Noah is having problems of their own. The only one thing that needs to prevented for the rest of this year to be a great one is this...

NO MORE DAVEY/EDDIE/RODDY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. NOT EVEN IN A TAG MATCH WAY OR ANYTHING. :D
JigsawVs.Jason

Re: This year is starting to really shape up compared to las

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

fm20000 wrote:Last year outside of NYC shows there were maybe 4-5 shows that were REALLY worth checking out and this year has already almost surpassed that. Earlier in the year we got GBH X on DVD (even though it happened last year no one watched it till 2012) along with the Homecoming which were two great shows. Then we've gotten the 10th anniversary show(which I thought was great) and the SITS shows which had some great matchups and BY FAR the MOTY for all of wrestling.And there is still a LOT more to come.

Chikara vs ROH at Unity, Border wars with Steen vs Davey and a Finlay appearance, and then Best in the World 2012 which will surely be a great show. And that's only through June. We've still got 6 more months after Best in the World.

Earlier in the year a ton of people were complaining (including myself about some issues) but ROH has really start to put it together by the Spring and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the year. I just want more fresh matchups and that will keep me and I'm sure everyone else interested. And hopefully we still get some outside Japanese talent even though I heard Noah is having problems of their own. The only one thing that needs to prevented for the rest of this year to be a great one is this...

NO MORE DAVEY/EDDIE/RODDY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. NOT EVEN IN A TAG MATCH WAY OR ANYTHING. :D
100% agreed on all levels! And keep in mind, the CHIKARA feud will most likely continue after Unity. Additionally, Steen vs Davey might be another MOTYC after the amazing Davey/Elgin.
I think 2011 suffered a lot due to the uncertainties concerning a new TV deal, the Sinclair sale, etc, but 2012 is shaping up to be a killer year for ROH! YES! YES! YES! :D
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Completely agree. Cant wait to see what comes from the CHIKARA relationship. Hopefully Elgin, Cole etc are given plenty of opportunities in the main event picture.

Hopefully ROH will remain stable and continue putting out good to great TV, ippv and DVDs after the mish-mash that was the latter part of 2011.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

fm20000 wrote: NO MORE DAVEY/EDDIE/RODDY FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. NOT EVEN IN A TAG MATCH WAY OR ANYTHING. :D
This was the thing that was holding back ROH for several months. Not to mention Davey Richards dropped the Ken Shamrock 2.0 style, and if SITS is any clue, we'll see more of the Davey Richards of old in his matches. All they need is to cut a bit of fat off the roster (WGTT, or just Charlie Haas, who I think is the worst wrestler on the entire roster), GIVE CONTRACTS TO EVERYONE POSSIBLE (Generico..), Bring in some new talent (NO GREEN OVW GUYS, PLEASE. TMDK were impressive, won't mind seeing them again. Willie Mack. Please Cornette? Please?). And just continue to keep things fresh and we'll have a great year. ;)
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Another thing they should avoid, is booking the champ in too many tag matches or proving gorund matches, I really do not see why Cole doesn't get a shot at Davey at the Dayton show. I mean he pinned him fair and square, that should be prove enough, and I'm just dying to see that match for the ROH belt
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Another thing they should avoid, is booking the champ in too many tag matches or proving gorund matches, I really do not see why Cole doesn't get a shot at Davey at the Dayton show. I mean he pinned him fair and square, that should be prove enough, and I'm just dying to see that match for the ROH belt
I agree with this. I sort of hope Proving Ground matches fade out like the Pick 6 did.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

I would also like for them to bring back the hype videos. I believe the guy who made them stopped doing them because of the new owners not caring for him or something along those lines, but those always helped in getting people pumped for a match/show and probably spiked a few more buys in the iPPVS.
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

GFL have been dumped, so things are looking up on the iPPV front...
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Bravado's are working next weekends Chikara show in Rahway. This is a positive reaction to this working relationship

still disappointing theres no KOT for ROH to win this year
bigstu

Post by bigstu »

RoaringElbow wrote:Bravado's are working next weekends Chikara show in Rahway. This is a positive reaction to this working relationship

still disappointing theres no KOT for ROH to win this year
Bravados worked a few shows last year for Chikara. Doesn't have anything to do with the ROH/Chikara relationship.

I like the proving ground matches. They are good ways to test your young stars. The payoff is believable and the matches are usually pretty good. Look at Roddy vs Lethal from GBH X.