Death Before Dishonor Weekend - Las Vegas - 9/28-9/29

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
alexsmellzzz

Death Before Dishonor Weekend - Las Vegas - 9/28-9/29

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Had to make a thread for this, because I'll be following these events pretty close and I don't wanna spam up the other threads. Also, tickets for the PPV and the tv taping go on sale really soon (8/1) for those of you who are wanting to attend.

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH
BELL TIME @ 06:00 PM PDT

ORLEANS ARENA
4500 W TROPICANA AVE
89103 LAS VEGAS , NV
UNITED STATES
The Best Wrestling on the Planet makes its debut at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas for two nights of the hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action only Ring of Honor can provide. The Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view takes place in the city known for bright lights and big fights on Friday, Sept. 28, and ROH returns to the venue the following night for an International Television Taping.
PPV
9/28/18 - DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR - LAS VEGAS, NV
September 28th, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
6:00 PM PDT

TV
9/29/18 - DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR TV TAPING - LAS VE...
September 29th, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
6:00 PM PDT

In addition to these events, New Japan is running their Fighting Spirit Unleashed event that Sunday, for those of you who want to make it a three day event.
"New Japan Pro Wrestling presents Fighting Spirit Unleashed
Walter Pyramid
Long Beach, CA
September 30th, 2018
Lineup and ticket information to be announced.
The Walter Pyramid is located at 1250 N Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90840."

And if you want to stay in Las Vegas the whole weekend or if you're just missing Sam's Town, ROH's old venue, Future Stars of Wrestling is running an event there that Sunday as well.
FSW Presents MECCA III - Tournament of Champions
Sunday September 30th, 2018
Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall

The stage is set! On Sep 30th, The Mecca returns to Sam's Town Live! and will crown the 1st MECCA Grand Champion.

8 Men, 1 Night... Who will leave MECCA Grand Champion? John Morrison, Brian Cage, Teddy Hart, Sami Callihan, Shane Strickland, PJ Black, & Hammerstone. Who will be the 8th man?

Find out as Future Stars Of Wrestling Presents Mecca III: Tournament of Champions.

Tickets on sale NOW
Last edited by alexsmellzzz on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexsmellzzz

Re: Death Before Dishonor Weekend - Las Vegas - 9/28-9/29

Post by alexsmellzzz »

As far as talent announced so far, the only thing I've heard is that as per the Observer, Jeff Cobb will be on both ROH shows. That's all I've got at the moment.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I'm flying in from the UK for both nights as well as the New Japan event before staying in orange county for a bit, can't wait to finally see ROH in the US plus DBD has been my favourite event of ROH since it began.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:39 am I'm flying in from the UK for both nights as well as the New Japan event before staying in orange county for a bit, can't wait to finally see ROH in the US plus DBD has been my favourite event of ROH since it began.
Wooo, that's what I call an US debut for you! Hahaha Im sure you'll have a blast. And gotta agree with the DBD thing, one of the shows with more quality matches in ROH history
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:16 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:39 am I'm flying in from the UK for both nights as well as the New Japan event before staying in orange county for a bit, can't wait to finally see ROH in the US plus DBD has been my favourite event of ROH since it began.
Wooo, that's what I call an US debut for you! Hahaha Im sure you'll have a blast. And gotta agree with the DBD thing, one of the shows with more quality matches in ROH history
Yeah i should have done this years ago, sadly never really had the chance. To see ROH with a decent ring unlike the one they use for the UK tours will be great, and as a PPV hopefully I can see something a little different.

Yeah it's always been a show I have liked for whatever reason it's always felt like it has delivered and like you has had matches that show up strongly in ROH history.

I know people have also said that TV tapings are a marathon so again it will be interesting to see If i fall a sleep from jet lag during them.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 am
Yeah i should have done this years ago, sadly never really had the chance. To see ROH with a decent ring unlike the one they use for the UK tours will be great, and as a PPV hopefully I can see something a little different.

Yeah it's always been a show I have liked for whatever reason it's always felt like it has delivered and like you has had matches that show up strongly in ROH history.

I know people have also said that TV tapings are a marathon so again it will be interesting to see If i fall a sleep from jet lag during them.
Hahahaha. Good luck man, it would be a fantastic experience, for sure. Even better with that NJPW show at the end of the week. First time watching ROH live in the US for me will have to wait until G1 Supercard. I'm so excited too.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 amYeah i should have done this years ago, sadly never really had the chance. To see ROH with a decent ring unlike the one they use for the UK tours will be great, and as a PPV hopefully I can see something a little different.

You will have a great time, I'm sure! I'll be front row for definitely the PPV and possibly the TV taping. The Orleans is like literally 10x the size of Sam's Town atleast, so it'll be cool to see how they set it up and how many people show up. I don't think you'll fall asleep during the TV taping, they can be long, like 4 hours or so, but they keep it running pretty constantly with only a few minutes between segments. The matches aren't the same quality as the PPV matches, BUT you get to see them set up a ton of stuff, since they have to compress a lot into the one taping.

I'm super excited. I will be at the Orleans for NXT this weekend so I'll take a pic of what the place looks like and post it. I think ROH will out-draw NXT, just because NXT doesn't seem to really get big crowds here for some reason. Vegas shows up for WWE tv and ppv shows, but NXT they don't seem to care much about. ROH will likely be a pretty stacked show so people will be coming from California and elsewhere
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I see almost zero advertising for NXT when they come to Vegas. They’ll be at the Orleans in two days, no idea who will be there. I’m sure it’ll be a good show though.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 am

Hahahaha. Good luck man, it would be a fantastic experience, for sure. Even better with that NJPW show at the end of the week. First time watching ROH live in the US for me will have to wait until G1 Supercard. I'm so excited too.
Yeah It will be great to see ROH in a bigger setting than York Hall, with hopefully a hot crowd and good-great card will make it something to remember. Yeah i don't know how easy it is going to be to get tickets but i am going to try my best for the NJPW show.

The MSG show is amazing first time show, I think that will be happening for a lot of people which could mean a sell out.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:06 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 amYeah i should have done this years ago, sadly never really had the chance. To see ROH with a decent ring unlike the one they use for the UK tours will be great, and as a PPV hopefully I can see something a little different.

You will have a great time, I'm sure! I'll be front row for definitely the PPV and possibly the TV taping. The Orleans is like literally 10x the size of Sam's Town atleast, so it'll be cool to see how they set it up and how many people show up. I don't think you'll fall asleep during the TV taping, they can be long, like 4 hours or so, but they keep it running pretty constantly with only a few minutes between segments. The matches aren't the same quality as the PPV matches, BUT you get to see them set up a ton of stuff, since they have to compress a lot into the one taping.

I'm super excited. I will be at the Orleans for NXT this weekend so I'll take a pic of what the place looks like and post it. I think ROH will out-draw NXT, just because NXT doesn't seem to really get big crowds here for some reason. Vegas shows up for WWE tv and ppv shows, but NXT they don't seem to care much about. ROH will likely be a pretty stacked show so people will be coming from California and elsewhere
Blimey I didn't realise it was that much bigger, that really could be amazing if they sell out the place then. Yeah it will be nice to see what they have planned further ahead and if there will be any debuts or bring ins for the tapings. I'm allways really surprised how good TV matches for ROH are, considering they really are a live event promotion they deliver matches on TV that can really stick.

If i do fall a sleep can someone throw something at me or you know a elbow to the ribs, it's just good wrestling fan etiquette
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ll8geBTj0U&t=0s

Nothing really new from this video that was posted to their youtube account
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

what the hell?? I mean, cool match, but for a PPV? How the rest of the card is gonna look like? lol

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

KAZUUU!

Alex makes a good point about how this tag will ultimately shape the show, but I think it also tells us that ROH wants Jay Lethal to at least be champion until October. Which . . .
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:12 pm KAZUUU!

Alex makes a good point about how this tag will ultimately shape the show, but I think it also tells us that ROH wants Jay Lethal to at least be champion until October. Which . . .
I mean, Briscoes can defend vs SCU, but that means no possible Ladder War with Bucks. Martínez vs. Cobb and Lethal? Is he going to face Silas? Maybe Taven? But I'd say that's too soon. Since Cody and Bucks are here there wont be trios titles defense so maybe we see Tenille vs. Sumie.

Plus, I think we should expect more NJPW talent. Argh, i see a lot of talent on this match but I dont feel this is something for a PPV. Cody, Bucks, Page and Marty should be in different matches, IMO. No storyline for the biggest guys un in the company. How are you gonna sell tickets with this considering there will be a Big NJPW show with cool matches two night after with THE SAME TALENT? argh, they should hace booked this for the Tapings.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

FORGOT about that possible Ladder War! OK, now I'm no longer neutral on this match. Call an audible and put Chase and Yujiro in there.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

weird but cool match haha.

lets wait and see how are they gonna build the rest of the card.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Yeah now there DEFINITELY needs to be some more New Japan guys on it. Tag matches are cool and that's a really star-studded match. But c'mon, we all know the effort is not the same and it's going to be a lot of comedy, etc. Idk. I'll withhold judgment til we see the rest of the card. I'll still be getting a front row ticket tomorrow, or trying to atleast. But I hope they have some more big names on here.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

If that card isn't stacked, there isn't going to be a really good turnout, I don't think. That place seats 10k lol. I know they won't sell it out, but don't they atleast want to try to make it as big a crowd as possible? They need to have like a big Jay White match, a big Minoru Suzuki match. SOMETHING. What's Ospreay doing around then? Lol
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

okada is gonna sell a lot of tickets...is not a singles match but is okada.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

There's like no drama involved there at all, though :/ It's a foofy 10 man tag, it's like something off a New Japan b-show, but instead it's HEADLINING a ROH ppv lol. Okada is definitely a big name. But book him against somebody in a G1 rematch or something. Him vs Adam Page would honestly be more intriguing to me than that tag match. Idk, I'm skeptical about this card now.