Death Before Dishonor Weekend - Las Vegas - 9/28-9/29

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Death Before Dishonor Weekend - Las Vegas - 9/28-9/29

Post by monster mafia »

chill guys...just wait for the rest of the card..we have a tv taping before so..

also in the website article this match is not listed as the main event for the show.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Rocky 'bout to eat dat pin.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Doubt I will be looking for front row tickets now, i never thought that DBD would be like this but sadly this what ROH has become a little holiday for NJPW talent.

I can see the card being like this

Kingdom vs LOS, Trios Tag

Flip vs Bully Ray (No DQ or variation of)

Briscoes vs The Addiction (Streeth Fight)

Tanahashi in some random match probably and looking old, beat up after a G1

Martinez vs Chris Sabin or Dojo Pro Black Belt winner

Bullet Club vs Chaos

Lethal vs Naito, maybe, more hopeful really, I could see Gresham getting another shot here also.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:24 pm
Wilson wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:12 pm KAZUUU!

Alex makes a good point about how this tag will ultimately shape the show, but I think it also tells us that ROH wants Jay Lethal to at least be champion until October. Which . . .
I mean, Briscoes can defend vs SCU, but that means no possible Ladder War with Bucks. Martínez vs. Cobb and Lethal? Is he going to face Silas? Maybe Taven? But I'd say that's too soon. Since Cody and Bucks are here there wont be trios titles defense so maybe we see Tenille vs. Sumie.

Plus, I think we should expect more NJPW talent. Argh, i see a lot of talent on this match but I dont feel this is something for a PPV. Cody, Bucks, Page and Marty should be in different matches, IMO. No storyline for the biggest guys un in the company. How are you gonna sell tickets with this considering there will be a Big NJPW show with cool matches two night after with THE SAME TALENT? argh, they should hace booked this for the Tapings.
People are marks for this type of shit, it will certainly make sure the people actually watch ROH are going to find it harder to get good tickets
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Jushin Liger announced for both the PPV and the tapings.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Hope he faces Gresham at the PPV.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Ayyyy Liger. Excited for that. Praying it's not a Cheeseburger tag.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Presale code is ROHOrleans on ROHTickets.com. I got front row right by the entrance, hell yeah. That's one good thing about ROH ppv's, atleast the ones in Vegas. They don't tend to sell in seconds like a PWG ticket or something.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Front row for both nights done, and i hope one is there at the ticket office waiting for me for NJPW.

Tickets were a lot cheaper than I thought.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Yeah I got 3 of them for just a little over 300 total. Not bad. Looks like it's going quick, too. First two rows were gone within a couple minutes. I'm guessing a lot of people are making a weekend out of it. Will be interesting to see how the other seats sell.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Yeah I was the same, by the time i refreshed for NJPW tickets the front rows were blown away, i managed to get a bleacher seat as i'd much rather have a less restriced view.

i don't know why but i have a feeling we could get better matches at least on paper at the TV tapings than on the PPV.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:35 am Yeah I was the same, by the time i refreshed for NJPW tickets the front rows were blown away, i managed to get a bleacher seat as i'd much rather have a less restriced view.

i don't know why but i have a feeling we could get better matches at least on paper at the TV tapings than on the PPV.
Yeah, I think you are right using the phrase "on paper" here. The TV tapings matches do look good a lot of the time but just fail to really be anything. I think the tv format doesn't lend itself well to great matches. There's just something about the pacing of the PPVs and how they always seem like everybody's trying to out-do the people that went before them. Atleast the Sam's Town ones, it always seemed like there was 2-3 really good matches on every card, some stuff that was just ehh, and then strong main events with a lot of heat. The TV taping stuff is more like your standard indy show. I think the guys know that more eyes will be on the PPV and yeah, it's just the format. I think Omega/ACH was on a tv taping here a few years ago, but it was the night after Omega and the Bucks had a pretty insane 6 man tag, and the Omega/ACH match was just kinda ehh.

We'll see what happens at the Orleans, though. Looks like the most stacked that any ROH PPV has ever been in Vegas.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Lol I just read the press release, they claim Okada hasn't been in ROH since Field of Honor 2015 when he did the anniversary show, the Global Wars PPV and the War of the Worlds tour in 2016. Time for new interns...
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:11 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:35 am Yeah I was the same, by the time i refreshed for NJPW tickets the front rows were blown away, i managed to get a bleacher seat as i'd much rather have a less restriced view.

Yeah, I think you are right using the phrase "on paper" here. The TV tapings matches do look good a lot of the time but just fail to really be anything. I think the tv format doesn't lend itself well to great matches. There's just something about the pacing of the PPVs and how they always seem like everybody's trying to out-do the people that went before them. Atleast the Sam's Town ones, it always seemed like there was 2-3 really good matches on every card, some stuff that was just ehh, and then strong main events with a lot of heat. The TV taping stuff is more like your standard indy show. I think the guys know that more eyes will be on the PPV and yeah, it's just the format. I think Omega/ACH was on a tv taping here a few years ago, but it was the night after Omega and the Bucks had a pretty insane 6 man tag, and the Omega/ACH match was just kinda ehh.

We'll see what happens at the Orleans, though. Looks like the most stacked that any ROH PPV has ever been in Vegas.
I do think sometimes that matches don't translate well to the crowd as they do to a TV audience, i've enjoyed many matches on TV yet the crowd can seemingly seem dead or just not into and i'm like why is this happening.

I do wonder if they are starting to set up things to move all the way up to the Garden show now with using NJPW talent. We could see these Vegas tapings as well as the Philly tapings, GBH and then onto the Global Wars etc which could include a TV taping going all the way to Final Battle and those TV tapings afterwards using NJPW talent. This could see next year being the biggest interpromotional coming together in what I imagine we had original hoped for with this working relationship.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:03 am Presale code is ROHOrleans on ROHTickets.com. I got front row right by the entrance, hell yeah. That's one good thing about ROH ppv's, atleast the ones in Vegas. They don't tend to sell in seconds like a PWG ticket or something.
Bit of a difference between selling 10,000 tickets and selling.... 400?
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

This is Orleans Arena a few days ago. This is what it looked like for the most recent NXT show. These were taken during intermission in the middle of the show.

dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:45 pm This is Orleans Arena a few days ago. This is what it looked like for the most recent NXT show. These were taken during intermission in the middle of the show.

Does ROH really have the same popularity as NXT though in Vegas? That could be a major factor in drawing in the larger venue. If they do draw for DBD, great keep going back, if not back to either Sam's Town or to find another venue smaller than the Orleans Arena but larger than Sam's Town.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

ROH has been moving into some bigger buildings but not putting all tickets on sale right away. When I was in Baltimore the whole lower section filled in as did almost all of the first level of tiered seating. The top level wasn't put up for sale. I believe they did the same thing in Virginia. I'm willing to bet they will do the same for Las Vegas.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Yeah, we'll see. I'm guessing the bigger venue is being used since they have the 3 day weekend of shows with the Sunday New Japan show.

My guess is that the next time when they're in Vegas, it'll be the regular roster and they'll be back at Sam's Town. The PPVs there sell out pretty much every time, even though the TV tapings there's usually a few rows of empty seats. If you're planning on going to the Orleans tv taping, I'd guess that you could get really cheap seats for that and then move down.

And I'm guessing we won't get any additional match announcements for this until the 8/25 tv taping, where we should have pretty much the whole card, since those tv's air the weeks prior to the PPV.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lethal vs aries on this show could be very great.