JERICHO CRUISE THREAD (ROCK 'N' WRESTLING RAGER AT SEA)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

JERICHO CRUISE THREAD (ROCK 'N' WRESTLING RAGER AT SEA)

Post by supersonic »

This needs to have its own thread already. Full details and clean format to come later.
famicommander

Re: JERICHO CRUISE PLACEHOLDER THREAD

Post by famicommander »

Will we get to see this or will it be like the Soaring Eagle thing last year?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Per last night's Barnburner podcast:
Spoiler: show
Talks of Aries vs. Jericho at Bound For Glory with Jericho winning the title, then dropping it on his cruise but via significant interference.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

We've got results from some of the shows. Of course looking for more results

*The Sea of Honor tournament finals ended up with Flip Gordin def Jay Briscoe after Flip kicked out of the Jay Driller and pinned Jay.

*The Bullet Club, Cody & Marty Scurll & Kenny Omega defeated The Young Bucks & Chris Jericho.

*Sami Callihan beat Marty Scurll in an Anything Goes Anywhere on the Ship match.

*The Bullet Club said they are staying together next year and are now to be known as The Elite. Being the Bullet Club in Japan are not what The Elite wanted to portray.

*Cody told the crowd that they are working on All In 2.

*There were numerous podcasts recorded with Chris Jericho, Colt Cabana, Konnan etc. just to name a few.

*The 10 man tag with Impact vs. Ring of Honor was won by ROH when everyone on each team turned on Sami Callihan after he told everyone they sucked, ROH sucked, Impact sucked and the entire cruise sucked. He was wiped out with a thousand superkicks and pinned.

*Cody and Kenny then stated that it was great to have ROH, Impact Wrestling and New Japan all work together.

*Another cool match on the cruise saw The Young Bucks beat LAX.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

With the Bucks having a victory over LAX, the Impact tag team champions, on an event that was quite well hyped up on both companies' TV do you think we could see a rematch either on a set of Impact tapings, as an Honorclub Exclusive part of an ROH TV taping, or even Final Battle?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Nothing to gain by working with Impact at this point. Their last episode did under 100,000 viewers.

Which is not to say I wouldn't like to see that match, because I would. But no, LAX are not the Hardys and Impact is even more of a joke now than they were when they did Hardys vs Bucks.
Wilson

Re: JERICHO CRUISE THREAD (ROCK 'N' WRESTLING RAGER AT SEA)

Post by Wilson »

(Giving this thread its full and proper name because why would anyone refer to this show as anything but the Rock 'N' Wrestling Rager at Sea?)

There's still some interesting talent in ... the shell company that is sometimes called Impact Wrestling. Nothing wrong in utilizing a Pentagon or a Rosemary or a Trevor Lee when the odd event like this happens.

Does anyone know why this whole thing is being treated like it's under embargo?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Interesting that Flip won, got to say his push to be top babyface in company is really starting to pick up steam, hopefully everything that happened at the TV tapings comes off as it really could be a bit special if it's continued right. What i would like to see if is do something king of like the Money In The Bank brief case where it's a surprise challenge at the begnining of a PPV or maybe even TV but have Flip win.

I think there is enough within in Impact especially now to have some great matches and not to be tainted, i realise Impact may not have the viewers but to me it's gotten over it's issues and has much more upside now.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I don't want a partnership because not to be mean but a lot not all though impact fans are toxic they sit and crap all over Roh for using new njpw talent and Roh wouldn't be anything without njpw or they don't have stories or good production the bottom line I don't want a roh partnering with a company that their fan base thinks Roh is scum of the earth mad that Roh took their company spot in the United States
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

As a fan of both products I'd like to see some crossover on occasion but I don't want to see an invasion or anything like that. Maybe a co-promoted event from time to time.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Yes i understand that I'm just i see it all the time specially on impact asylum where everyday they are always putting Roh down and F impact because it was reported Roh months didn't partner with impact
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Booking Impact guys is more than fine. Actually associating ROH's brand with that gong show of a company is not.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It's not even the company I have a problem with it's some of the fans or impact loyalists is what makes the company look bad and because of that it makes their fanbase toxic they put anything down not impact they go off if you criticize the company or show
Montana

Post by Montana »

I thought i heard the Jericho cruise show was free on Honor club tonight? Is that true?? Looks like it's up for sale?
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Montana wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:58 am I thought i heard the Jericho cruise show was free on Honor club tonight? Is that true?? Looks like it's up for sale?
from f4w:

It was announced today that the Jericho & Young Bucks vs. Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes & Marty Scurll six-man tag match and ROH's Sea of Honor tournament will air as a special called "Streaming for Vengeance" at 8 p.m. Eastern time on Saturday, November 3. The special will air on both Fite TV and HonorClub.

The price on Fite TV is listed as $24.99. UPDATE: On HonorClub, the special will be free for VIP subscribers. Standard subscribers can order it with a 50 percent off discount.
Montana

Post by Montana »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:26 pm
Montana wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:58 am I thought i heard the Jericho cruise show was free on Honor club tonight? Is that true?? Looks like it's up for sale?
from f4w:

It was announced today that the Jericho & Young Bucks vs. Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes & Marty Scurll six-man tag match and ROH's Sea of Honor tournament will air as a special called "Streaming for Vengeance" at 8 p.m. Eastern time on Saturday, November 3. The special will air on both Fite TV and HonorClub.

The price on Fite TV is listed as $24.99. UPDATE: On HonorClub, the special will be free for VIP subscribers. Standard subscribers can order it with a 50 percent off discount.
Thanks! That make sense. Guess i won't be watching that tonight.

Side Rant: I'm glad HonorClub is airing the "tour" shows, but would be nice if they laid out more clearly on what shows are streamed live. At first i thought i'd be getting the Pitts show tonight, then realized it was the TV taping. Then i thought maybe i'd get the Sea of Honor. Clearly i don't use the service much, but i follow the product closer and should be able to easily use/navigate and tell others to use the service. Plus i noticed the site doesn't clearly explain all the devices that utilize Honorclub. I get it's a work in progress, but would be nice if they've made more progress by now.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

This is up on XWT. Skimmed through the first hour, it's pretty fun. Not a lot of serious wrestling, but it's neat to see an event filmed on a cruise. I will say this, I wish they did the full matches for the whole thing, and not just the quarters, semis, and finals. They show highlights of the first round to start the VOD. But then again, I guess the stories were really built into the end of the brackets, so I'm probably not missing anything.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Briscoe vs Briscoe is REALLY good. Seemed like the first match with any actual heat. I mean, it IS a show on a cruise. But as you'd expect, Mark and Jay beat the crap out of each other. Pretty entertaining.

Really wasn't a big fan of the finals. Or the way they went with the booking. Why not do something new? But eh, ROH is just going to do dumb stuff with the booking, it's just how it is. Thought it'd be a cool time to give a new guy a shot.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Ok, watching the main event now. I had forgotten what the cards were for these things, so I didn't know what the actual last match on this VOD would be. It's Kenny/Marty/Cody vs Jericho and the Bucks. Pretty stacked, cool match. Don Callis on commentary also makes it feel special.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Pretty fun and easy watch show. I really loved the fact that what looked like a random thing ended up helping Flip's push, getting victories over 2 former world champions and even beatting clean Jay Briscoe, that has to be one of the most protected wrestlers in ROH.

And I gotta agree with Alexsmellzzz, Briscoe vs. Briscoe was GREAT. It is always an Special match and people were really into it. They are the best thing in ROH man.