Roll Call: Chicago 4/28

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
lucey216

Roll Call: Chicago 4/28

Post by lucey216 »

Sup all. Just wanna see who all is going to Chicago in a few weeks for ROH's Unity show. It's my first time going to Chicago for ROH, and first ROH show of mine in nearly 4 years. Along with being a roll call, have a few questions to ask to anyone who is going or has been to Chicago Ridge before for ROH:

1. Along with going to the ROH show, who is planning to also attend the Chikara show?

2. For out-of-town fans like myself, what would be your recommendation for hotels to stay at?

3. Best places to eat before/after the event?
Thomas Bobo

Re: Roll Call: Chicago 4/28

Post by Thomas Bobo »

I am going to be there and cannot wait! First live ROH show in almost 1 year!

Work won't allow me to hit CHIKARA, but that show (with only 2 matches announced) looks awesome.

There are some hotels somewhat close to the venue, but it has been a long, long time since I stayed there so I cannot help there.

The first and only answer you need on food, is Mama Rosa's, which is just down the street from the Frontier Fieldhouse. Awesome place to hang pre- and post-show and great, great food!
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

I'm coming from Indy and will be at both shows, can't wait i've never seen Chikara live(this will be my 5th ROH show in the last 8 months). Then I need to decide to either stay in Chicago and watch extreme rules or head to lafayette to see Chikara decisions decisions.

Last time we stayed near the airport about 6 miles away their is like 4 hotels right around there and it was pretty cheap.

Unfortunately we didn't make it to mama rosa's last time, but thinking I might try to make it this time.
lucey216

Post by lucey216 »

ROH Fan 81 wrote:I'm coming from Indy and will be at both shows, can't wait i've never seen Chikara live(this will be my 5th ROH show in the last 8 months). Then I need to decide to either stay in Chicago and watch extreme rules or head to lafayette to see Chikara decisions decisions.

Last time we stayed near the airport about 6 miles away their is like 4 hotels right around there and it was pretty cheap.

Unfortunately we didn't make it to mama rosa's last time, but thinking I might try to make it this time.

as far as the decision between WWE PPV and Chikara goes, best option id go with is wait and see how you like Chikara live first in Chicago. If you like it well enough, which honestly I think you will, then of course you should attend the show in Indiana.

Then again, if Extreme Rules does have Brock Lesnar's first match back with the WWE, then i wouldn't blame ya if you chose that over Chikara.