Taeler Hendrix Alleges Jay Lethal Sexually Harassed Her

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wilson

Taeler Hendrix Alleges Jay Lethal Sexually Harassed Her

Post by Wilson »

Story still developing. Pro Wrestling Sheet looks to be investigating the claims.
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/10 ... 9667559424

When you look at the executive culture in ROH, specifically how the professional space was completely warped to fit in Delirious' relationship with Mandy, it's hard to avoid that Lethal has likely done these things. Accusers almost never manufacture their claims.
BurningHammer

Re: Taeler Hendrix Alleges Jay Lethal Sexually Harassed Her

Post by BurningHammer »

It's a serious issue that certainly needs to be found out about, and delt with properly.

The timing does feel strange as well as the talent involved but it's wrestling and nothing should really surprise me anymore.

Personally I would hope it's false, just as a fan of Jay but if it's true, then there can't be any room for him in the company, especially within the wrestling world as it is should be now. It's a major problem for ROH in many aspects.

I still think there obviously has to be a certain amount of questioning into the allegations considering recent attempts proving somewhat false and rather troubling.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If it's true he has to go but I'm not just going to take a tweet years after the fact as gospel, especially considering the timing.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

The timing of it/the length of time since the tweet or the incident doesn't negate the incident happening. At all. If its true, obviously. But, as was said, these things are rarely made up.

And what "timing?" Someone on Twitter was praising her harasser/the guy that got her kicked out of the company for not sleeping with him, to her face, what the hell else should she say??

But yeah, if it's true, everyone involved should be fired honestly.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

What do you mean "what timing?" The weekend Jay Lethal is all over wrestling news websites after winning the ROH World title back she makes the claims. I saw rovert on Twitter say shes made these accusations before as many on Reddit have pointed out nobody can find one. In fact there is a tweet where she hints she may even return to ROH from sometime last Christmas.

She brought up this claim in an attempt to argue with a random person on Twitter. She also put her ego to show with the, "it should have been the House of Hendrix" comment and she also said neither Lethal or Truth "can draw" when she's completely irrelevant. This is the most anyone has heard of her since she was released by ROH. She was released from ROH after they dropped Truth Martini - The HOT was finished, what use was there for her? She even lost a match on her way out, if this was the case, why did she take part in the match?

This is also the same girl that was in a relationship with Al Snow when she was hired, by Al Snow, for Impact. This is the same girl who has claimed multiple times to have cancer with no proof and continued working. This is the same girl who claimed Dixie Carter called her fat and called out Impact for unfairly firing her. This is the same girl who last week was calling out WWE's women's roster, tagging WWE and saying she should be in the MYC and saying nobody else is as good as she is.

There's no proof of it happening or not happening yet, so for now all anyone can do is speculate, but if the speculation falls down to what we know of each persons reputation, that being hers and Jay Lethal's, Jay Lethal has literally not got anything negative attached to him as far as I can remember. She has a past of being an ass on social media and crying for attention.

For her sake I hope she has damming proof that is happened and not just "hear say". Otherwise, she's done. She's not exactly lighting up any scene in wrestling anyways but this will certainly finish her.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Taeler's burned every bridge she's worked at. I think it's very possible that she could've been let go because she is hard to manage. But I don't think that takes away from the toxicity of a workplace that installs a public policy for toxic relations between the men and womens talent (again, Delirious dating his trainee). Also, there are, to my eye, no women in executive positions in the promotion. It's not such a hard leap to see how or if Jay could find the opportunity to coerce her, especially since he's in such power. Boys clubs are notorious for this kind of behavior.

As for Jay, years back he dated some of his trainees, which is a huge professional no-no. I mean that was a long time ago, and he would've been quite young, but I guess it's somewhat relevant news and is an example of him on the wrong side of power dynamics.

It is pure speculation at this point. The allegations are serious, I hope she's willing to fight hard for it. Hope we know more about any possible wrongdoings backstage as a result of this.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

To my understanding, she complained to ROH management when it happened. Whether that was formal or informal I don't know. But ROH cancelled Truth Martini's return - I believe he was going to cost Dijak a match on a PPV a better head for ROH history will correct me. Truth is Delirious's best friend and was used prominently for years and years.

There have been some dunderheaded posts on this forum about the subject. ROH's owner's SBG has a big reputation for vice and sexual exploitation from the highest levels. Mandy and Kelly Klein's WOH pushes are widely considered to come from who they date. A number of women left ROH over ill-treatment around the same time as Taeler did. Jay has a rep of dating his own trainees and I know of one very prominent wrestler who was going to level accusations towards Jay last year but reneged at the last minute for whatever reason. For mysterious reasons WWE has had no interest in Jay despite having a lot of what they want.

Taeler has a rep of simply being weird and hard to deal with from male and female wrestlers I've talked to. A terrible alleged victim. But her allegations are well founded.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

You have made no reference to any of this yet you're apparently "in the know".

So if Mandy and Klein's pushes come off the back of who their dating, is Sumie Sakai dating Greg Gilliland or Gary Juster?
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:24 am You have made no reference to any of this yet you're apparently "in the know".

So if Mandy and Klein's pushes come off the back of who their dating, is Sumie Sakai dating Greg Gilliland or Gary Juster?
Tremendous debunking. I am talking about the totality of WOH.

The WOH title was Sumie's gold watch so to speak. She was telling people she was retiring last year but held on.

Frankly, I am in the know, to be honest. You have check out who follows me as a testament of that. Current and past ROH wrestlers and office staff. I've talked about or hinted at Taeler's situation since it happened. ROH was going through a number of bullying, sexism and racial situation concurrently and I documented that as much as I can. A lot of wrestlers left.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:24 am You have made no reference to any of this yet you're apparently "in the know".

You're still ignoring how predatory it is for executives, including the fucking head booker, to be dating women while they were still trainees, and continuing to do so in the public for years. It's a bad environment for women, especially young women who are just beginning their careers.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wonder if there was a point between the two where they were more than just valet/wrestler? Things got nasty on a breakup and both had different interpretations of what went on? Because as Cornette says there are three sides to every story, your side, my side, and the truth. Who's to say she wasn't a bitch? Who's to say she doesn't feel like she was let go due to some kind of falling out? Chances are the truth is somewhere in the middle. They were both nasty to each other, and the fallout led to the HOT demise and her really not being of use to the company anymore. She feels the way she does because of the timing of her release but her not sleeping with him was the reason. Or was a reason indirectly (a chicken and the egg situation) but not the reason she was let go.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Sonjay dutt claiming she lying and crazy. However if he did it then he should be fired along with delirious. I don't know so I am not going to judge anyone until all the facts are there. I don't know If lethal is sleeping with his students like mike quackenbush if he is then that's bad. I know lethal needs to respond to these claims but I know lethal doesn't tweet much.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 am Wonder if there was a point between the two where they were more than just valet/wrestler? Things got nasty on a breakup and both had different interpretations of what went on? Because as Cornette says there are three sides to every story, your side, my side, and the truth. Who's to say she wasn't a bitch? Who's to say she doesn't feel like she was let go due to some kind of falling out? Chances are the truth is somewhere in the middle. They were both nasty to each other, and the fallout led to the HOT demise and her really not being of use to the company anymore. She feels the way she does because of the timing of her release but her not sleeping with him was the reason. Or was a reason indirectly (a chicken and the egg situation) but not the reason she was let go.
If Jay sexually harassed/coerced her, then it does color the whole event and the appropriate people have to suffer the fallout.
christopherclinton55 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 am Sonjay dutt claiming she lying and crazy. However if he did it then he should be fired along with delirious. I don't know so I am not going to judge anyone until all the facts are there. I don't know If lethal is sleeping with his students like mike quackenbush if he is then that's bad. I know lethal needs to respond to these claims but I know lethal doesn't tweet much.
Sonjay made all of, what, two dates last year? Boys club gonna boys club.
christopherclinton55

Wilson wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:35 am
dhads7161 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 am Wonder if there was a point between the two where they were more than just valet/wrestler? Things got nasty on a breakup and both had different interpretations of what went on? Because as Cornette says there are three sides to every story, your side, my side, and the truth. Who's to say she wasn't a bitch? Who's to say she doesn't feel like she was let go due to some kind of falling out? Chances are the truth is somewhere in the middle. They were both nasty to each other, and the fallout led to the HOT demise and her really not being of use to the company anymore. She feels the way she does because of the timing of her release but her not sleeping with him was the reason. Or was a reason indirectly (a chicken and the egg situation) but not the reason she was let go.
If Jay sexually harassed/coerced her, then it does color the whole event and the appropriate people have to suffer the fallout.
christopherclinton55 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 am Sonjay dutt claiming she lying and crazy. However if he did it then he should be fired along with delirious. I don't know so I am not going to judge anyone until all the facts are there. I don't know If lethal is sleeping with his students like mike quackenbush if he is then that's bad. I know lethal needs to respond to these claims but I know lethal doesn't tweet much.
Sonjay made all of, what, two dates last year? Boys club gonna boys

That's why Lethal or Ring of Honor needs to respond to these claims. Personally if I didn't do it I would sue her.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

christopherclinton55 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 amI don't know If lethal is sleeping with his students like mike quackenbush if he is then that's bad.
That was claim initially levelled by Devon Moore along with the claim that Mike divorced his wife. I personally watched the long deleted video. It is hard to find a source more untrustworthy than Devon. He's brain dead CZW guy. Court filings at the time of allegation showed that Mike was still married. In the years since I've yet to hear anyone say he's divorced or separated. Not that it is anyone's business. Devon in the same video called Chris Hero gay a revelation that probably would surprise is longtime girlfriend Rachael Ellering.
christopherclinton55

rovert1 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:48 am
christopherclinton55 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 amI don't know If lethal is sleeping with his students like mike quackenbush if he is then that's bad.
That was claim initially levelled by Devon Moore along with the claim that Mike divorced his wife. I personally watched the long deleted video. It is hard to find a source more untrustworthy than Devon. He's brain dead CZW guy. Court filings at the time of allegation showed that Mike was still married. In the years since I've yet to hear anyone say he's divorced or separated. Not that it is anyone's business. Devon in the same video called Chris Hero gay a revelation that probably would surprise is longtime girlfriend Rachael Ellering.
Okay I saw that video once then the video disappeared. so him allegedly sleeping with saturyne didn't happen and that's wasn't the reason chikara took Hiatus.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Sincerely don't know know. But asking around at the time Saturnye and Quack would leave venues at completely different times - her early and he would be the last person to turn off the lights essentially.

Years subsequently and both their personalities revealing themselves over time. I just *can't* envision them having a conversation of any length let anyone a relationship. Saturnye/Hania is a universe kookier than Taeler. It only took a few days until the IMPACT locker room and she retires/unretires like the wind.

Don't get me wrong Wrestling trainers sleeping with female trainees is very common. Numerous times I've given people the benefit of the doubt and then.....

But Saturnyre and Quack orbit different universes.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in here real quick.

Understandable topics like this are polarizing and there is obviously going to be conjecture and armchair analysis of these public figures.

I want to remind everyone though that while we want to encourage discussion, please err on the side of caution when it comes to making statements that may come off as misogynistic.

If this means taking a moment after you've written something to re-read it, then please do. Admins will be handing out warnings and bannings will happen as a result if too many instances occur.

We are not trying to stifle someone from presenting their point of view, we want open and honest discussions on the board. We also want to keep this a safe environment for everyone to voice their opinions while also not adding to a toxic culture.

Thank you for your understanding.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I do think there could be a possibility that the two could have dated for a time and had their falling out coincide with Taeler's departure. She feels it's because she wasn't seeing him anymore and has rightful suspicion, at the same time she could just be suspecting that was the reason for her release.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Against my better judgement weighing in at all on such things, here are a few... tangential thoughts on what people have said so far:
I find talk about SBG to be... less than completely relevant. The rovert1's statements about Sinclair both here and in the other thread are evidence that if such a thing happened, Sinclair would be inclined to not punish the wrongdoers without public pressure. That should not be mistaken for evidence- or even a strong argument- that such a thing actually did happen.

I agree that it is not good for trainers to be dating their trainees or for the head booker to be dating anyone in the company, but at the same time, (to quote, of all people, Triple H) "you cant help who you fall in love with." It would be ideal for Mandy to be working for someone else, but... the fact is that she really isn't a very good wrestler and I can't see any company that is able to pay a living wage wanting to take her. Sometimes people fall in love and everyone has to just accept it even tho0ugh it creates a bad situation in the work environment. Not every situation like this is either "powerful man taking advantage of vulnerable woman" or "gold-digging whore/ambitious career slut sleeping her way to money/power/success." Sometimes people just fall in love.

Also, re the pushes of Kelly and Mandy, there is a third possibility that people seem to not be considering, which was a reason people used to give for the booker of a territory pushing himself/his friends: the assumption is that as long as they are dating someone in the office, they won't leave the company out of loyalty. It's still not a great situation in that it's not the ideal meritocracy, but it's not as malicious as the "I'm pushing my girlfriend because she's my girlfriend" aspect.

With Kelly's push in particular it strikes me more as comparable to DDP's push in WCW: it's obvious that he was the one who got the push because of who he was friends with (Bischoff, Hall, Nash), but it would also be unfair to say that his work had not proved him worthy of it.

As for the comment about ROH not having any female executives... that's certainly true, but how many executives does ROH actually have? Is it not just Koff and Delirious? I think that's an unfair accusation to level with such a small sample size.

In general, I think people need to do a better job of separating SBG from ROH. Just because Disney does things does not mean that a smaller Disney-owned company like FiveThirtyEight does exactly the same things. If Sinclair were really so much control over the goings-on at ROH, do we really think Dalton Castle would have been allowed to become champion? Just because Sinclair has done a bad job dealing with these issues when they have occurred does not mean that ROH has as well if they have occurred. Similarly, if such a thing did happen and ROH ignored it, it is not an SBG problem unless such ignoring was brought to SBG's attention and they, too, ignored the complaint.

Also, re Saturnyne/Quack and the supposed Quack divorce, wasn't a chunk of that just stories that were made up/planted to create buzz for the idea that a shutdown was coming to create buzz for the show where the shutdown happened?