ROH Numbers via Wrestling Observer

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

ROH Numbers via Wrestling Observer

Post by cgstong »

About 1500 buys each night obviously based also on many buying the double shots at $20. States it is down from the 2000 buys they've been doing & down from the 1725 buys from last year for the WM shows.

Attendance
825 night 1
725 night 2
neither show were close to full

Center Stage in ATL
800 each night & both sell outs though the arena for these shows were closer to WM than this years.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Mdodmod

Re: ROH Numbers via Wrestling Observer

Post by Mdodmod »

The shows not being sold out doesn't bug me as the venues this year had a capacity of 2196. The attendance numbers are pretty much what most would expect.

The iPPV on the other hand is disappointing, but I can understand it. It'll be interesting to see what the next ippv does. I don't think I'll be ordering ippv from ROH after this last weekend, I don't know if it'll be the same for anyone else. I'll continue to get the dvd's that sound good though.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I'm not surprised that the shows didn't sell out in a building that seats over 2,000, but I am a little surprised that day 2 got less than 800. I picked both shows to do at least 800. I was half right it seems.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

1500 for each seems about right, considering the number who must've been tapped out from buying 'Mania.
Last Real Man Hype
che08

Post by che08 »

Fail.First of all,fail with the venue,why not in Miami,why so far?IPPV is second fail,2 shows and both with great mistakes,very great.As for me,tv slot doesn't work at all,they lost audience in old cities,but can't draw big audience in markets,where this slot is.
braves87
Banned
Banned

Post by braves87 »

They still made more money than a regular DVD taping event. I'm not surprised about the buys and the attendance at all. 1 PM Saturday shows are a bad time slot. I bet most people that ordered both iPPV's just caught the replay of the 2nd show instead of staying in all afternoon to watch ROH.
User banned for blatant trolling.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

Marketh. wrote:1500 for each seems about right, considering the number who must've been tapped out from buying 'Mania.

THIS. Years ago 1500 people total would be at shows during Mania weekend. Now with the change in technology, iPPV buys are just as significant as attendance. 1500 total customers per night, plus merch and other assorted ways of income is a damn good weekend.
Admin note: User permanently banned.