Honor United Tour 2018

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
alexsmellzzz

Re: Honor United Tour 2018

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Bully and Dalton brawl to the back. And Punishment and Shane Taylor finish off the Boys.

Ian announces EVIL, Bushi, Sanada and Kushida will all be at Best in the World June 29th in Baltimore. That should be good! He announced LIJ as a group so I’m thinking it’ll be a 6 man? Hmmmm... wonder if we’d get something like LIJ vs Bucks and Flip there? Kingdom vs LIJ wouldn’t really make much sense. And I wonder what Kushida will do. Idk if they’ve ever done Kushida vs Silas, but I’m not sure they’d go that direction. Hmm maybe Kushida vs Chris Sabin or something? That’d be a good lil rematch from BOSJ to do.

Now it’s Lethal vs Taven.

After this, I’m thinking we’ll have intermission. Then all that’s left will be Cody vs Scorpio, Tanahashi vs Page and the 4 way tag.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Oh wow, BJ is saying it’s Kushida vs Jay Lethal at Best in the World!! I honesty couldn’t tell if he was 100% serious, but that match would be awesome.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:45 am Oh wow, BJ is saying it’s Kushida vs Jay Lethal at Best in the World!! I honesty couldn’t tell if he was 100% serious, but that match would be awesome.
He teased it but they better give us that match after the tease.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Lethal picks up the win. Matt Taven shouted out Maffew of Botchamania mid-match. He goes “this ones for you Maffew!” right before he hit a move.

Yeah BJ and Ian are saying Kushida vs Lethal is going to happen. They also mention it’s a rematch, which I forgot about. They wrestled each other at WOTW 2014 in NYC, same show as Steen vs Nakamura.

And it’s not intermission. It’s Sumie Sakai vs Chardonnay. Chardonnay is pretty good looking, looks like a WWE chick or something l.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Looked up Chardonnay, she’s wrestled in Stardom. Yesterday she was in a falls count anywhere match with Kris Wolf.

kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I have no interest in Cody if he doesn't come out with some sort of bear.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

This show has been pretty good so far, imo. Might end up being better than yesterday’s if the last few matches deliver.

This tour has been a lot better than the War of the Worlds one, I’ve thought. Hotter crowds and I’ve really liked all the UK talent they’ve used.

Sumie picks up the win. Pretty good stuff - they didn’t click all the way but I liked it.

And I guess there’s no intermission today? Because we’ve got Cody vs Scorpio Sky up next.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Cody/Scorpio Sky worked a methodical pace. I wasn’t paying full attention and then came back during the next match intro, so I can’t rate it.

Now we’ve got a big fight feel for this Tanahashi vs Adam Page match.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

They story of the Cody/Sky match was Kazarian stopped Brandi from cheating and raked her eyes. She was still injured after the match and Cody couldn't care less.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Tanahashi/Page was decent. *** Tana did a lot but it was worked like a midcard match. Standard young guy vs vet story. They did a series of pinning reversals at the end and Tanahashi just so happened to be the one to get the pinfall. I still need to see Page in something better for him to win me over fully. He has been pretty reserved in matches lately.

Now it’s Briscoes vs Kingdom vs LIJ vs Bucks. Last match of the tour. I’ll miss these early morning shows lol.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I do wish some of these shows had more important things going on. While they are fun shows to watch, you never get the feeling that it’s really must-see. Maybe they should do a title change on a show like this sometime, it would surprise people.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

One thing that would have really helped these shows is if Ospreay and Marty were on them. Or any of those guys that are at BOSJ right now.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Bucks win the main event. I’d say *** on that too. Standard Young Bucks stuff.

Had a lot of fun watching these shows. Looks like Best in the World coming up is going to be a good show. I think BJ said he had an announcement regarding the Briscoes at BITE but I didn’t catch the announcement.

Anyway, yeah, good shows. I’d say they were better than WOTW, but still your typical ROH house shows. Nothing too crazy or must-see but still very watchable pretty much the whole way through.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Another thing, I tuned into Powerbomb.tv to watch Beyond after this. Janela vs Walter right now. Interesting that the quality is like 10x better than ROH’s quality was today. Maybe because it was in the UK, idk. Some people might not notice, but this Beyond stream is very crisp. And ROH’s was a lil choppy and actually went off a couple times for me during the broadcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The announcers did say Briscoes vs Bucks at BITW. Tag titles will be on the line if the Briscoes are still champs.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Been busy this weekend so haven't seen any of the tour. I'll probably watch day 1 when I get home. Got two and a half more hours until home.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:57 am Yeah BJ and Ian are saying Kushida vs Lethal is going to happen. They also mention it’s a rematch, which I forgot about. They wrestled each other at WOTW 2014 in NYC, same show as Steen vs Nakamura.
Kushida beat Jay at WotW Toronto last year, so this will actually be the rubber match.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

kovs27 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:34 am They story of the Cody/Sky match was Kazarian stopped Brandi from cheating and raked her eyes. She was still injured after the match and Cody couldn't care less.
This is funny.

I think Cody's heel work is through the roof the last 6 months. He drew such massive heat at the California NJPW show it was crazy. His work with Brandi is funny and has quite different interaction than most spousal teams and it works.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Taven and the Kingdom got good heat the whole tour.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:20 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:34 am They story of the Cody/Sky match was Kazarian stopped Brandi from cheating and raked her eyes. She was still injured after the match and Cody couldn't care less.
This is funny.

I think Cody's heel work is through the roof the last 6 months. He drew such massive heat at the California NJPW show it was crazy. His work with Brandi is funny and has quite different interaction than most spousal teams and it works.
My one fear is that it's not going to lead to anything. I highly doubt Brandi is ever going to leave him in storyline. On this night he didn't draw any heat like these antics should. The crowd loved him and didn't even seem to notice he ignored his wife's injury. Most nights the crowds have been responding to him properly and it's been fantastic. Manhatten Mayhem he was absolutely awesome as a heel.