Honor United Tour 2018

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Honor United Tour 2018

Post by AlexROH »

Ring of Honor returns to Edinburgh and London and debuts in Doncaster when the Best Wrestling on the Planet returns to the UK for the Honor United Tour! ROH stars are joined by top New Japan wrestlers and there is nothing like seeing the action LIVE! Limited tickets remain for each stop – don’t miss your opportunity to see the Honor United Tour LIVE! For those outside the UK, all three live events will be broadcast LIVE for all HonorClub members!

HONOR UNITED – EDINBURGH
MAY 24TH, 2018 – 7 PM GMT BELL TIME
EDINBURGH CORN EXCHANGE
10 NEW MARKET ROAD
EDINBURGH

MAIN EVENT
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) (IF CHAMPIONS) vs. “THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY & ADAM PAGE

ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, VINNY MARSEGLIA, & TK O’RYAN) vs. ROH WORLD CHAMPION DALTON CASTLE, JAY LETHAL, & HIROSHI TANAHASHI

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION “PRO WRESTLING’S LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG vs. JOE HENDRY

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS LOS INGOBERNABLES DE JAPON (EVIL & SANADA) vs. THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN)

SHANE TAYLOR vs. SCORPIO SKY

PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ vs. KENNY KING

THE BOYS vs. TORU YANO & DELIRIOUS

NWA WORLDS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION NICK ALDIS & MARK HASKINS vs. THE YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON)

WOMEN OF HONOR CHAMPION SUMIE SAKAI & TENILLE DASHWOOD vs. “THE GATEKEEPER” KELLY KLEIN & CHARDONNAY

HONOR UNITED – LONDON
MAY 26TH, 2018 – 6 PM GMT BELL TIME
CRYSTAL PALACE SPORTS CENTRE
LEDRINGTON RD.
LONDON

MAIN EVENT
ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, VINNY MARSEGLIA, & TK O’RYAN) vs. SOCAL UNCENSORED (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS, FRANKIE KAZARIAN, & SCORPIO SKY) vs. BULLET CLUB (ADAM PAGE & THE YOUNG BUCKS)

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD CHAMPION DALTON CASTLE vs. CO-HOLDER OF THE IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP EVIL

HIROSHI TANAHASHI vs. ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION SILAS YOUNG vs. PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ vs. CO-HOLDER OF IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP SANADA

JAY LETHAL vs. CO-HOLDER OF THE ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MARK BRISCOE

MARK HASKINS vs. CO-HOLDER OF THE ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP JAY BRISCOE

SHANE TAYLOR vs. TORU YANO

“THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY vs. KENNY KING

TENILLE DASHWOOD vs. “THE GATEKEEPER” KELLY KLEIN

HONOR UNITED – DONCASTER
MAY 27TH, 2018 – 5:30 PM GMT BELL TIME
THE DONCASTER DOME
DONCASTER LAKESIDE
DONCASTER

MAIN EVENT, NON-TITLE
FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) vs. IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS EVIL & SANADA vs. CO-HOLDERS ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE KINGDOM (TK O’RYAN & VINNY MARSEGLIA) vs. THE YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON)

WOMEN OF HONOR CHAMPIONSHIP
WOMEN OF HONOR CHAMPION SUMIE SAKAI vs. CHARDONNAY

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION SILAS YOUNG (IF CHAMPION) vs. DOUG WILLIAMS

ROH WORLD CHAMPION DALTON CASTLE & THE BOYS vs. BULLY RAY, PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ, & SHANE TAYLOR

JAY LETHAL vs. CO-HOLDER OF THE ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPION MATT TAVEN

ADAM PAGE vs. HIROSHI TANAHASHI

“THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY vs. SCORPIO SKY

THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN) vs. KENNY KING & TORU YANO
Last edited by AlexROH on Tue May 22, 2018 11:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
AlexROH

Re: Honor United Tour 2018

Post by AlexROH »

Already announced:

Edinburgh:
- Sky vs Taylor
- Cody/Page vs Briscoes (Tag Title)
- Addiction vs SANADA/EVIL

London:
- Kingdom vs SCU vs Hung Bucks (Tríos Title)
- Tana vs Silas vs Martínez vs SANADA
- Lethal vs Mark
- Yano vs Taylor

Doncaster:
- Bucks vs Briscoes vs Kingdom vs SANADA/EVIL
- Tana vs Page
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Really liked what is announced so far. Strong main events with teams. Tag/Tríos matches are usually the MOTN at ROH's shows.

Anyone going to London?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

put tana in a singles match !!! tana vs lethal..come on roh.

use some british talent too.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:28 am put tana in a singles match !!! tana vs lethal..come on roh.

Tana isn't going to go full speed. Even in Japan he only give his best on big main events. Plus, people going to these shows is Happy just seeing him perform in an easy match and doing his thing.

Plus, no briitish talent for this show. It isn't a tour with RPW.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they used Joe Hendry in 2016...i would like to see some new and fresh match..but you are right.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I liked the tour when ROH used some British talent. I don't really watch any British wrestling and getting some exposure for British talent would make it more interesting for me to watch. I don't know if having guys who wrestle on the British scene all the time will help sell tickets or not.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:12 pm
monster mafia wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:28 am put tana in a singles match !!! tana vs lethal..come on roh.

Tana isn't going to go full speed. Even in Japan he only give his best on big main events. Plus, people going to these shows is Happy just seeing him perform in an easy match and doing his thing.
That's the main issue with the majority of the top New Japan stars coming in. More to that, I don't think Tanahashi is really the same once he's out of Japan, his connection there is probably untranslatable. His only memorable match outside of Japan is . . . against Roddy?

I'll just blow my trumpet one more time that ROH should use some New Japan projects in showcase matches during these tours. Henare, SHO, EVIL, Umino in singles against Lethal, Castle, Gresham, Kenny King. Hell, I'd even be really interested in a title defense between Castle and Taichi.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Wilson wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:35 pm
AlexROH wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:12 pm

That's the main issue with the majority of the top New Japan stars coming in. More to that, I don't think Tanahashi is really the same once he's out of Japan, his connection there is probably untranslatable. His only memorable match outside of Japan is . . . against Roddy?

I'll just blow my trumpet one more time that ROH should use some New Japan projects in showcase matches during these tours. Henare, SHO, EVIL, Umino in singles against Lethal, Castle, Gresham, Kenny King. Hell, I'd even be really interested in a title defense between Castle and Taichi.
I'd love to see Nagata come in for something.

I also agree about Taichi vs. Dalton seeming like it would have potential. In that same vein, I actually kind of like the idea of this Shane Taylor vs. Toru Yano match.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Nagata would be an epic opponent for Atlantis in Texas.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

- Edinburgh:
Lethal vs. Taven

- London:
Cody vs. King

- Doncaster
King vs. Punishment
Last edited by AlexROH on Wed May 16, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

in london is cody vs kenny king.

good matches...nothing great or awesome so far.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Hope we see EVIL vs Jay in London, couldd be a great match. Plus, it would be interesting to see what they do with Bully (since there's no Cheese or Flip on the tour) and WOH (Brandi is injured)
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

Wish they did Sanada vs Lethal
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TowerOfDoom wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:26 pm Wish they did Sanada vs Lethal
This would be pretty darn nuts.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Edinburgh:
- Castle/Tanahashi/Lethal vs. Kingdom
- Sakai & Dashwood vs. Klein & Chardonnay (from 'STARDOM')
- Delirious & Yano vs. The Boys
- The Young Bucks vs. Aldis & Tag Partner of ROH's choosing;
Story from Aldis' Twitter
If back-room @billy & @CodyRhodes want me to sign on the line for #ALLIN #TenPoundsOfGold several things need to happen. They involve money & respect. But let's start with this: I want a match with The Young Bucks at #HonorUnited Edinburgh. @ringofhonor can pick my partner.
London:
- [ROH World Title] Castle vs. EVIL
- Tenille vs. Klein

Cool matches, great to see that they are doing a havey singles matches card in London. The article about the World Title match talks about the possibility of Dalton not been cleared to wrestle, I hope he's OK to compete. About London, I think Tenille will win so he can challenge Sumie at BITW. Also, Jay Briscoe is announced without a match, who will he face? I frist thought it would be him vs. EVIL.

Edinburgh looks fun, lots of tag matches with some interesting things. The Yano match should be hilarious and the Aldis thing is cool too. Will he wrestle on the others days of the tour?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

This tour looks more appealing than WOTW. WOTW on paper seemed very weal this year. Haven't yet had a chance to watch any of them.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Is Scurll not advertised for this tour?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:55 pm Is Scurll not advertised for this tour?
Marty's in Japan for Best of the Super Juniors.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

SandsShifter wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:18 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:55 pm Is Scurll not advertised for this tour?
Marty's in Japan for Best of the Super Juniors.
Ah, makes sense. At the same time it doesn't though. ROH is choosing that time when their British name is busy with something else to do this your. Fingers still crossed for ZSJ.