Honor United Tour 2018

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Honor United Tour 2018

Post by AlexROH »

- Silas (c) vs Joe Hendry for Edimburgh

- Page vs Tana for Doncaster

- Aldis in London adressing the All In match with Cody
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 pm Page vs Tana for Doncaster
[looks side to side] So if Page somehow wins this, does this guarantee that he'll be the next ROH champion? Because I think it's happening within the next year.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

More Doncaster:
- Sakai (c) vs. Chaddonay
- Sky vs. Cody
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

These cards are freaking loaded.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Mark Haskins is Nick Aldis's partner vs. The Bucks. I wasn't huge on Haskins/Webster's PWG match against The Bucks, too much comedy. I hope this one is better
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Aldis doesn't deserve to be on this card or All In.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

King of Indy Style wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:35 am Mark Haskins is Nick Aldis's partner vs. The Bucks. I wasn't huge on Haskins/Webster's PWG match against The Bucks, too much comedy. I hope this one is better
Don't judge a wrestler just for one match and specially on PWG. Haskins is a top wrestler here in the UK.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

AlexROH wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 11:35 am
King of Indy Style wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:35 am Mark Haskins is Nick Aldis's partner vs. The Bucks. I wasn't huge on Haskins/Webster's PWG match against The Bucks, too much comedy. I hope this one is better
Don't judge a wrestler just for one match and specially on PWG. Haskins is a top wrestler here in the UK.
Should have been clearer, I've seen a few of Haskins matches and I've always liked them, their PWG match with the Bucks sucking was the Bucks' fault, not Haskins and Flash's
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wilson wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:23 pm
AlexROH wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 pm Page vs Tana for Doncaster
[looks side to side] So if Page somehow wins this, does this guarantee that he'll be the next ROH champion? Because I think it's happening within the next year.
Really? I would be shocked, but pleased if this happens. I'm certain their going to give Cody another run with the world title. And what about Scrull? He's more over than anybody except maybe the Bucks and he could potentially pass them within a year.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Doug Williams stated on Twitter that ROH tried to get him in as Aldis’ partner but due to scheduling conflicts he was unable to do it. But he says Haskins is a fine choice.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:25 pm Really? I would be shocked, but pleased if this happens. I'm certain their going to give Cody another run with the world title. And what about Scrull? He's more over than anybody except maybe the Bucks and he could potentially pass them within a year.
I think ROH really likes him, I think New Japan really likes him, and I think both companies understand he could be picked by the WWE at any short time. As a corporate representative, Page fits the mold of what ROH champions look and sound like in the Sinclair era, more so than Marty (whom ROH still has a clear fondness for).

Cody could be the next champ, but who knows what's on his docket next. In a few months, he could be wrestling in the G1, winning the NWA championship, or going full promoter for All In. Endless opportunities and deals for him that extend beyond repeating as ROH World Champion.
TYFDK wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 6:44 am Doug Williams stated on Twitter that ROH tried to get him in as Aldis’ partner but due to scheduling conflicts he was unable to do it. But he says Haskins is a fine choice.
And the world was robbed of a huge World Elite chant. (Which actually might have happened, or at the very least embraced--I tend to forget how well-received TNA is in England.)
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wilson wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:34 am
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:25 pm Really? I would be shocked, but pleased if this happens. I'm certain their going to give Cody another run with the world title. And what about Scrull? He's more over than anybody except maybe the Bucks and he could potentially pass them within a year.
I think ROH really likes him, I think New Japan really likes him, and I think both companies understand he could be picked by the WWE at any short time. As a corporate representative, Page fits the mold of what ROH champions look and sound like in the Sinclair era, more so than Marty (whom ROH still has a clear fondness for).

Cody could be the next champ, but who knows what's on his docket next. In a few months, he could be wrestling in the G1, winning the NWA championship, or going full promoter for All In. Endless opportunities and deals for him that extend beyond repeating as ROH World Champion.
I have liked Page for a long time, but I feel like ROH didn't know what the fuck to do with him until they were forced to this year. I think The Young Bucks and Gedo forced Delirious into this. It benefits Page regardless because he has done nothing but bust his ass in the ring and in some cases nearly killed himself to get himself over. I mean as of last year he was the resident job boy in Bullet Club matches. I think he would make a really fine World Champion, but I'm not holding my breath.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

More Doncaster announcements today:

- Silas vs. Doug
- Dalton/Boys vs. Bully/Martinez/Taylor
- King/Yano vs. Addiction

The last two are random as fuck lol. I'd say all cards all complete now. Interesting matches and I'd say this shows could be better, top to bottom, than WOTW 2018. I dont see a lot of possible MOTYC, but everything should be between good and great.

London looks like the strongest card of them all.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Silas vs Williams could be incredible given the time and fuckery-free finish
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

So what's up with Jay Briscoe and London? Unless I missed it, he doesn't have a match still. Which is annoying. As a two time champ who rarely wrestles as a singles anymore, I wish they had booked him versus Tanahashi or Sanada or something.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

While I'm out of the loop on Williams, I'm hoping he frustrates the shit out of Young with submissions just like back in the day, causing Young to go on fallacious stalling tantrums that "real men fight with their fists" or something similarly silly.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

Young v Williams should be great
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

maxx_powerz wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:14 pm So what's up with Jay Briscoe and London? Unless I missed it, he doesn't have a match still. Which is annoying. As a two time champ who rarely wrestles as a singles anymore, I wish they had booked him versus Tanahashi or Sanada or something.
Same here man. Jay is one of my favourites and I was really looking foward to him. I thought we were going to see him vs EVIL bit now it's imposible. Maybe Aldis cut a promo and he comes out, who knows.

But since The Briscoes were booked for the last Toronto show and they didnt have a match, I dont have any faith about a Jay match in London.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I really do feel like Cody & Page return home as tag team champions.