War of the Worlds 2018 Superthread ft. Liger

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wilson

Re: War of the Worlds 2018 Superthread ft. Liger

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:12 am Toronto:
- Young Bucks chose their rivals... SUPER SMASH BROS.
Top tier show confirmed.

Surprised that none of these shows are getting the traditional PPV treatment. I guess the schedule is contracting back to 4 PPVs per annum? Don't wanna overwork Delirious too much.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Is the Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros. legit?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Bucks/SSB is a fantastic surprise. That should be such a great match, I hope it leads to them getting frequent bookings in ROH
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:56 am Is the Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros. legit?
Yeah, Super Smash Bros are regulars on both SMASH Wrestling and C*4. Cool to see that the YB requested this match. It was something I didn't know I wanted to see again. Should be a cool match.

dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Haven't seen them in a long time either. Last match I watched them in was from one of the WWN Shows from WM weekend in 2013. Hopefully they'll be another case like Chuck Taylor was and they'll become regulars.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Aren't they still banned from the US? I know Uno had a short term visa in 2016 when he did a couple PWG shows, but i don't think they can be regulars.
Last edited by maxx_powerz on Thu May 03, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

So it looks like each show is getting one ROH title match, i'm guessing we get a tag title match in Michigan.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I recently saw a clip of SSB and they both look a lot better than they did years ago. Specially Stu who has put a ton of effort into his look and size.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Super Smash Bros...something new and fresh...yeah!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

ROH isn't as "cool" on the internet as it used to be a decade ago. The cool thing now is to shit on the roster just because it isn't on the same level than 10 years ago. Man, WOTW aren't as exciting at it used to be just because they do 3-4 tours a year and NJ stars go to ROH more frequently.

Again, not only with ROH, but with every other promotion, I hate how people on the internet just talk shit about things they don't like just to get a little bit of attention. The IWC, or however you wanna name it, is so toxic. People prefer to hate about thing instead of enjoy and watch what they see.
TheJawSays

Post by TheJawSays »

Personally, I feel the roster could be regarded as top-notch as 2006 if the booking was a little more consistent. Back in 2006, it didn't matter who was in the match, 6/8 matches felt like "big time matches" - and that could happen right now in ROH too but for some reason the booking is just sort of shoddy all around, with rough finishes, etc.

I'll be at the Lowell show and I'm really looking forward to it. Only singles match is the ROH title - Castle vs. Taven, and then 3 normal tag matches and 3 6-man tag matches. Kinda wish there were a few more singles bouts, but if there's one company to go to a tag wrestling show for, it's ROH. Especially with NJPW stars involved.

Looking forward to it!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

AlexROH wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:59 am
ROH isn't as "cool" on the internet as it used to be a decade ago. The cool thing now is to shit on the roster just because it isn't on the same level than 10 years ago. Man, WOTW aren't as exciting at it used to be just because they do 3-4 tours a year and NJ stars go to ROH more frequently.

Again, not only with ROH, but with every other promotion, I hate how people on the internet just talk shit about things they don't like just to get a little bit of attention. The IWC, or however you wanna name it, is so toxic. People prefer to hate about thing instead of enjoy and watch what they see.
I hope at some point you overcome your apparent allergies to critical thought in favor of actually landing in the gray, purple, and sea green categories. In addition, becoming familiar with the arguer (VoW,) a resource that loves the business and is one of its best resources for analysis today, would be your friend.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:21 pm Bucks/SSB is a fantastic surprise. That should be such a great match, I hope it leads to them getting frequent bookings in ROH
Agreed. This should be a really good match. SSB in ROH full time would be fine with me. Ironically enough, didn't Cornette hate the SSB too?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'd make it a point to sign people Cornette hates. Except Vince Russo.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:19 pm I'd make it a point to sign people Cornette hates. Except Vince Russo.
You might want to put a slightly more restrictive qualifier on that:

Ed Ferrara, Dixie Carter, Donald Trump, Kevin Dunn, Jim Herd, Mark Madden, Tammy Sytch, New Jack, Mustafa...

None of these people will help your wrestling promotion in 2018.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so...bruiser vs naito for toronto

bruiser is cool but...you can do better if you have naito in your show..idk.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:59 am so...bruiser vs naito for toronto

bruiser is cool but...you can do better if you have naito in your show..idk.
I disagree. BCB is solid in the ring. Plays his role well. Is he a main eventer? No. But he could potentially have one of the best matches in his career with Naito. I think that is something worth viewing.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Most importantly, Bruiser can have a good match and eat a pin without it hurting him too much. No way they send Naito over to lose right after putting the IC title on him.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

One of the NJPW Big 4 against a peasant's version of Foley/Necro? Booking my flight, hotel, and passport now.