Vote Now for the ROH Top 5 Following ROH Masters of the Craft

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Thomas Bobo

Vote Now for the ROH Top 5 Following ROH Masters of the Craft

Post by Thomas Bobo »

This is for everyone. The more regular board members that vote, the more the Top 5 represents the fans assessment of who is the elite in ROH...

This is the up to date listings with the last Top 5 and how they did over the voting period.

ROH World Champion – Dalton Castle – 4/14: “ROH on SBG, Ep. 343” Las Vegas, NV: Inactive and 4/15: “Masters of the Craft 2018” Columbus, OH: pinned by Marty Scurll in Defy of Deny Match; also pinned Punishment Martinez

Title Shots Upcoming:
- vs. Marty Scurll, TBA, TBD

ROH World Television Champion – Silas Young – 4/14: “ROH on SBG, Ep. 343” Las Vegas, NV: Inactive and 4/15: “Masters of the Craft 2018” Columbus, OH: defeated Cheeseburger to retain the ROH World TV Title; V2

Title Shots Upcoming:
- vs. Flip Gordon, 4/14 “Steel City Excellence 2018” Pittsburgh, PA (airdate TBA)

Ranked Number One – Cody 4/14: “ROH on SBG, Ep. 343” Las Vegas, NV: Inactive and 4/15: “Masters of the Craft 2018” Columbus, OH: lost to #5 Matt Taven in a First Blood Match

Ranked Number Two – Punishment Martinez 4/14: “ROH on SBG, Ep. 343” Las Vegas, NV: Inactive and 4/15: “Masters of the Craft 2018” Columbus, OH: competed in Defy or Deny Match; pinned Beer City Bruiser and was pinned by Dalton Castle

Ranked Number Three – Kota Ibushi 4/14: “ROH on SBG, Ep. 343” Las Vegas, NV: Inactive and 4/15: “Masters of the Craft 2018” Columbus, OH: Inactive

Ranked Number Four – Kenny King 4/14: “ROH on SBG, Ep. 343” Las Vegas, NV: Inactive and 4/15: “Masters of the Craft 2018” Columbus, OH: Inactive

Ranked Number Five – Matt Taven 4/14: “ROH on SBG, Ep. 343” Las Vegas, NV: Inactive and 4/15: “Masters of the Craft 2018” Columbus, OH: defeated #1 Cody in a First Blood Match

Others Worth Considering, including any ROH wrestler with at least 1 singles victory...
Marty Scurll (1-0 on the period in singles; pinned ROH World Champion Dalton Castle to win Defy or Deny and secure a future ROH World Title shot), Jay Lethal (1-0 on the period; defeating Jonathan Gresham) and Hiromu Takahashi (1-0 on the period; defeating Frankie Kazarian)

Make your picks and give your reasoning for them. POST THEM ON THE BOARD and I'll be back later to give you the results. You can vote via clicking my name and sending a PM, if you choose to.

Voting Ends: Friday, April 20th at 11:59 AM EST

Upcoming Honor Roll votes:
Stage 8 – Post ROH on SBG, Episode #343 (4/14/18) & “Masters of the Craft 2018”
Stage 9 – Post ROH on SBG, Episode #344 (4/21/18), ROH “Bound By Honor” West Palm Beach, FL (4/27), ROH “Bound By Honor: ROH Champions vs. Bullet Club” Lakeland, FL (4/28) and ROH on SBG Episode #345 (4/28/18)
Stage 10 – Post ROH “War of the Worlds” Tour (all events) and ROH on SBG Episodes #346-347

Upcoming Announced Live Events:
4/27/18 “Bound By Honor” West Palm Beach, FL
4/28/18 “Bound By Honor: ROH Champions vs. Bullet Club” Lakeland, FL
5/9/18 “War of the Worlds: Lowell” Lowell, MA
5/11/18 “War of the Worlds: Toronto” Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5/12/18 “War of the Worlds: Detroit” Royal Oak, MI
5/13/18 “War of the Worlds: Chicago” Villa Park, IL
5/24/18 “ROH United: Edinburgh”
5/26/18 “ROH United: London”
5/27/18 “ROH United: London”
alexsmellzzz

Re: Vote Now for the ROH Top 5 Following ROH Masters of the Craft

Post by alexsmellzzz »

1 - Marty Scurll (after losing at Mania weekend, he's already got another title shot. I think he deserves it. I'm interested in a rematch for sure)

2 - Punishment Martinez (taking a pin to the #1 guy in the company doesn't hurt him. I think Punishment has grown a lot, especially over the last few months. If anybody in the company is trending upwards, it's this guy)

3 - Jay Lethal (Lethal and Gresham have great matches together. Can't wait for the next one they have. Lethal has been so consistently good for the last few years, it's unreal)

4 - Cody (Cody and Taven's match was fun last night. Cody uses a lot of smoke and mirrors to help improve his matches, but I honestly don't mind. He's had some good ones lately, this and the Omega match)

5 - Matt Taven (I haven't always been a huge Taven fan, but I liked him in the Cody match. And I also thought he did well in the tv 3 way he had a couple weeks ago)
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

1. Marty Scurll - pinning the World Champion and earning a guaranteed title shot is one sure-fire way to land at the #1 spot.

2. Matt Taven - previous ranking and win over #1 (even in a gimmick match) lands him here.

3. Cody - fluky loss in a gimmick match. Cody is unpinned in 2018.

4. Punishment Martinez - pinned Beer City Bruiser and took a pin from Dalton Castle.

5. Jay Lethal - THE ring general in ROH. Lethal is way more than a gatekeeper though that seems to be his role at the present time.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

1. Marty Scurll
2. Matt Taven
3. Jay Lethal
4. Hiromu Takahashi
5. Punishment Martinez
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Thanks to all the voters. Results are posted: