Your Opinion On Giving Browned Out iPPV Matches To Everyone?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mdodmod

Your Opinion On Giving Browned Out iPPV Matches To Everyone?

Post by Mdodmod »

I was interested to see how ROH would make it up to the fans after the technical difficulties this weekend, but was surprised to see that their only recourse is to put up the two browned out matches from Saturday on youtube. I mean its good we'll get to watch the matches after all, but at the same time their giving away two free matches that some of us had to pay $20 to NOT see.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Are you satisfied if thats the end of how the situation is handled?

As a special treat for all of our wonderful and supportive fans, the two matches that were browned out during Saturday Night's PPV are now available to EVERYONE in their entirety. To recap, the second half of the "Dual Duel" , where The All Night Express take on the The Young Bucks in a wild street fight AND The Grudge Match between Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reily, ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE RIGHT HERE!!!
-rohwrestling.com
Last edited by Mdodmod on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
187_Joeism

Re: Your Opinion On Giving Browned Out iPPV Matches To Every

Post by 187_Joeism »

I can´t see the matches and ROH can´t control de weather so i´m fine they giving the matches free or in the GFL site is the same to me, i just wanna see them
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Honestly I didn't care about the matches

I'm pretty sure Elgin vs Davey made everyone forget about the technical issues
Jimthy

Post by Jimthy »

It's not a "make good" for the fans that purchased the matches...it's giving them what they paid for in the first place. The only ones who "gain" from this move are those who didn't pay for the shows in the first place. So, as a "make good", no, I don't think it works in the least.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff:
"We felt it was Go Fight Live's responsibility to address the issue with those who purchased the PPV, and they did reach out to those fans. But the situation was beyond our control, so I don't feel like we had to address it. Had the problems occurred on our end, with something we were responsible for, I probably would have responded in a greater and quicker manner."

Read this article for more.
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publ ... 4440.shtml
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Mdodmod wrote:Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff:
"We felt it was Go Fight Live's responsibility to address the issue with those who purchased the PPV, and they did reach out to those fans. But the situation was beyond our control, so I don't feel like we had to address it. Had the problems occurred on our end, with something we were responsible for, I probably would have responded in a greater and quicker manner."

Read this article for more.
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publ ... 4440.shtml
GFL never contacted me, but then again I never complained or e-mailed them about the issue at hand. I own both replays and I can watch them at any time from GFL.TV. I didn't have to order these IPPV events for a live showing, but I chose too. And I will continue to order live ROH from GFL, because that is what I choose to do. And if ROH changes live IPPV event providers down the road, then that's where I will order from, there is no gun pointed at my head.......
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'm glad Mr. Joke Off is honest about that. ROH shouldn't place any blame on themselves if they're not at fault. What more could you ask for than what you got?

Probably...but you get what I mean.
ROH Fan 81

Post by ROH Fan 81 »

In my opinion they should just make one of the house shows a free ippv for either everyone that ordered it or just everyone in general...I don't know how hard that would be but seems like it would make everyone happy.