Tips On Going To Your First ROH Show

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TheLethalInjection

Tips On Going To Your First ROH Show

Post by TheLethalInjection »

im planning on going to my first ring of honor show june 15th at the charleston civic center in charleston,wv.anyone got any tips for me? :)
AOTF by LoveRicardoRodriguez, on Flickr
Nigel LikesGuinness

Re: Tips On Going To Your First ROH Show

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Be a fan, don't worry about reviews and star ratings and just enjoy!!! Also sit front row if u can
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

Just have fun. ROH's crowds have always just been really chill to me. Ever since my first show everyone in the crowd just been chill and normal to talk to about anything in wrestling. Been to like 4-5 NY shows and still see and say hi to people that I met in my first show. ROH crowds just have a fun feel, a lot more than WWE shows.
TheLethalInjection

thanks! i know im gona be nervous i just checked ticket prices & doubt il be sitting front row at $62 when general is $16
dougiefresh605

Post by dougiefresh605 »

If you're close up, don't forget the streamers!!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Enjoy the experience and start Jay Lethal chants :lol:
TheLethalInjection

187_Joeism wrote:Enjoy the experience and start Jay Lethal chants :lol:

LOL!!! epic
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

dougiefresh605 wrote:If you're close up, don't forget the streamers!!
Or you can totally forget the streamers like normal people do, because they ruin mid-card matches. They're also totally of no value when you toss them every single match.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

JSWO wrote:
Or you can totally forget the streamers like normal people do, because they ruin mid-card matches. They're also totally of no value when you toss them every single match.
Do you have to bring down everything? Streamers are a fun part of the show especially if it's your first time.
SamoaNOAH

Post by SamoaNOAH »

Get dressed up ... suit and tie.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

fm20000 wrote:
JSWO wrote:
Do you have to bring down everything? Streamers are a fun part of the show especially if it's your first time.

Ask anyone involved in the business, they don't like streamers. Do it for the main event, great. Every match is a complete pain in the ass.
2 Gatz

Post by 2 Gatz »

JSWO wrote:Ask anyone involved in the business, they don't like streamers. Do it for the main event, great. Every match is a complete pain in the ass.
https://twitter.com/#!/MegaTJP/status/1 ... 0059704320

Somebody likes them.
TheLethalInjection

thanks for all the advice & i think that would be cross dressing if i went suit & tie (ima girl hahahahaha) & doesnt surprise me TJ likes them
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

2 Gatz wrote:
JSWO wrote:Ask anyone involved in the business, they don't like streamers. Do it for the main event, great. Every match is a complete pain in the ass.
https://twitter.com/#!/MegaTJP/status/1 ... 0059704320

Somebody likes them.

:lol:
SM22

Post by SM22 »

-If you decide to throw streamers, wait until Bobby Cruise says the wrestlers' name to throw it.

-Don't chant anything stupid to get yourself over. (i.e.- "Twinkies", etc.)

-You've probably noticed on DVD's, tv, or IPPV, that when the action spills to the outside, most of the fans will stand up. It's ok to stand, but be curteous to the people behind you and sit when the wrestlers go back in the ring. Also, it's ok to stand during all entrances. In fact, you should stand during all entrances. One time Kenny King yelled at me to get up, because I was sitting during his entrance. Never sat down during entrances after that.

- ROH DVD's at the merchandise table are $15, which is $5 less than on the website. Take advantage of that if you plan on buying any DVD's.

- Have fun! ROH shows are always a great time. I've been to 17 ROH shows, and have had a great time at all but one.
astoph

Post by astoph »

As previously stated...HAVE FUN!!! That's it.
TheLethalInjection

il keep all this in mind probably wont get any streamers as their is nowhere to get them near the arena..really hoping they bring some old christopher daniels stuff with em..he was the one that got me following ROH
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

SM22 wrote:-If you decide to throw streamers, wait until Bobby Cruise says the wrestlers' name to throw it.

-You've probably noticed on DVD's, tv, or IPPV, that when the action spills to the outside, most of the fans will stand up. It's ok to stand, but be curteous to the people behind you and sit when the wrestlers go back in the ring. Also, it's ok to stand during all entrances. In fact, you should stand during all entrances. One time Kenny King yelled at me to get up, because I was sitting during his entrance. Never sat down during entrances after that.

- ROH DVD's at the merchandise table are $15, which is $5 less than on the website. Take advantage of that if you plan on buying any DVD's.

- Have fun! ROH shows are always a great time. I've been to 17 ROH shows, and have had a great time at all but one.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I've been to 8 roh shows and other than having to hear fans chant retarded things like "we want Russ" during a Charlie Haas match, I had a great time in each.
TheLethalInjection

thanks alot everyone!
ninetwentyfour

Post by ninetwentyfour »

SM22 wrote:-If you decide to throw streamers, wait until Bobby Cruise says the wrestlers' name to throw it.

$13 less after shipping and "state tax fee". Criminal.