Tips On Going To Your First ROH Show

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Tree

Re: Tips On Going To Your First ROH Show

Post by Tree »

have as much fun as you can have legally - ROH live events have played such a positive role in my life, whether i was attending as a fan or an employee.

also, go up to Bobby Cruise and tell him Josh said to "Go F*ck Yourself". you see him laugh and be pissed off at the same time.
Nykk

Post by Nykk »

And if wrestlers are brawling outside the ring and you see them coming your way, be prepared to MOVE! My friend's brother once learned this the hard way courtesy of Jimmy Yang.
Tree

Post by Tree »

Nykk wrote:And if wrestlers are brawling outside the ring and you see them coming your way, be prepared to MOVE! My friend's brother once learned this the hard way courtesy of Jimmy Yang.
quick fun story, courtesy of the Name Drop Xpress (JSWO and Bobo know)...

i was working security for ROH several years ago, keeping the crowd at bay as Necro Butcher, Brent Albright, and Erick Stevens brawled on the floor. Brent and Erick were rolling around on the floor beating the crud out of each other, when Necro starts throwing chairs on the two of them. He then starts screaming to the crowd "more chairs, more chairs!" and keeps tossing them until they're both buried under a pile of chairs.

Necro is still screaming "more chairs, more chairs!" and when there were none to be had, he looked at me, arms outstretched, keeping the crowd away, and then pointed at me. i thought "oh, f*ck. this is not good," and i'm shaking my head no as Necro points at me, then comes to me, grabs me by the collar, and tosses me through the air like a rag doll, and on top of the chairs that were covering Stevens and Albright.

definitely a pretty scary few seconds.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

dont take any signs. And im also of the sector that says save the streamers for the big time.
bigstu

Post by bigstu »

Tree wrote:
Nykk wrote:And if wrestlers are brawling outside the ring and you see them coming your way, be prepared to MOVE! My friend's brother once learned this the hard way courtesy of Jimmy Yang.
quick fun story, courtesy of the Name Drop Xpress (JSWO and Bobo know)...

i was working security for ROH several years ago, keeping the crowd at bay as Necro Butcher, Brent Albright, and Erick Stevens brawled on the floor. Brent and Erick were rolling around on the floor beating the crud out of each other, when Necro starts throwing chairs on the two of them. He then starts screaming to the crowd "more chairs, more chairs!" and keeps tossing them until they're both buried under a pile of chairs.

Necro is still screaming "more chairs, more chairs!" and when there were none to be had, he looked at me, arms outstretched, keeping the crowd away, and then pointed at me. i thought "oh, f*ck. this is not good," and i'm shaking my head no as Necro points at me, then comes to me, grabs me by the collar, and tosses me through the air like a rag doll, and on top of the chairs that were covering Stevens and Albright.

definitely a pretty scary few seconds.
I remember hearing about this, then I saw it on DVD. I thought it was awesome. You should've sold it longer.
SM22

Post by SM22 »

ninetwentyfour wrote:
SM22 wrote:-If you decide to throw streamers, wait until Bobby Cruise says the wrestlers' name to throw it.

-Don't chant anything stupid to get yourself over. (i.e.- "Twinkies", etc.)

-You've probably noticed on DVD's, tv, or IPPV, that when the action spills to the outside, most of the fans will stand up. It's ok to stand, but be curteous to the people behind you and sit when the wrestlers go back in the ring. Also, it's ok to stand during all entrances. In fact, you should stand during all entrances. One time Kenny King yelled at me to get up, because I was sitting during his entrance. Never sat down during entrances after that.

- ROH DVD's at the merchandise table are $15, which is $5 less than on the website. Take advantage of that if you plan on buying any DVD's.

- Have fun! ROH shows are always a great time. I've been to 17 ROH shows, and have had a great time at all but one.
$13 less after shipping and "state tax fee". Criminal.
$35 for one DVD? Thats outragous for shipping in the US. I remember DVD's on the site costing me $24.95 without a sale back when I regularly ordered from the site. Havn't placed an online order in almost a year though.
Jimthy

Post by Jimthy »

SM22 wrote:
ninetwentyfour wrote:
SM22 wrote:-If you decide to throw streamers, wait until Bobby Cruise says the wrestlers' name to throw it.

-Don't chant anything stupid to get yourself over. (i.e.- "Twinkies", etc.)

-You've probably noticed on DVD's, tv, or IPPV, that when the action spills to the outside, most of the fans will stand up. It's ok to stand, but be curteous to the people behind you and sit when the wrestlers go back in the ring. Also, it's ok to stand during all entrances. In fact, you should stand during all entrances. One time Kenny King yelled at me to get up, because I was sitting during his entrance. Never sat down during entrances after that.

- ROH DVD's at the merchandise table are $15, which is $5 less than on the website. Take advantage of that if you plan on buying any DVD's.

- Have fun! ROH shows are always a great time. I've been to 17 ROH shows, and have had a great time at all but one.
$13 less after shipping and "state tax fee". Criminal.
$35 for one DVD? Thats outragous for shipping in the US. I remember DVD's on the site costing me $24.95 without a sale back when I regularly ordered from the site. Havn't placed an online order in almost a year though.
I haven't ordered a DVD in a while...so I don't know, but just to clarify, $15 + $13 is $28, not $35.
SM22

Post by SM22 »

Jimthy wrote: I haven't ordered a DVD in a while...so I don't know, but just to clarify, $15 + $13 is $28, not $35.
My bad. When I was doing the adding in my head, I just estimated quickly, and added $20, when I should have added $15 instead.