Official 'Manhattan Mayhem VII' Show Thread (3.3.18)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Re: Official 'Manhattan Mayhem VII' Show Thread (3.3.18)

Post by TYFDK »

Tmac88 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 pm
Thomas Bobo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pm Cody vs. Flip Gordon is listed as a "Pick'em" match on the new ROH site for this event.

Perhaps it is one of the few matches that gets announced ahead of time.
I’m just now getting back into ROH(Went to my first show at Center Stage last week ) is this a first time One on one match ?
In ROH, yes. In 2016 in NEW in Connecticut, they faced off in a match.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=157477&page=2
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm Uch. Literally nothing in that entire write-up appeals to me in any way.
If I recall, I'm pretty sure you've mentioned you don't watch Being the Elite. This match has been built on BTE for a long time. It's the right crowd to do this match and stipulation since NY is a big Bullet Club crowd and I'm sure the majority of the fans attending will have an interest.

There is nothing wrong with not watching BTE, but you do miss out on some build for story lines.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:56 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:21 pm Uch. Literally nothing in that entire write-up appeals to me in any way.
If I recall, I'm pretty sure you've mentioned you don't watch Being the Elite. This match has been built on BTE for a long time. It's the right crowd to do this match and stipulation since NY is a big Bullet Club crowd and I'm sure the majority of the fans attending will have an interest.

There is nothing wrong with not watching BTE, but you do miss out on some build for story lines.
This is where you go wrong. The moment that kayfabe relevant things start taking place on Being The Elite rather than on an ROH show, they are telling me that there is something wrong with not watching Being The Elite. I have watched with my own two eyes about 90-95% of the things (DVDs, TV shows, VideoWires) that ROH has ever put out, and have read detailed results of the rest of it. There is absolutely no reason why I should have trouble understand where a storyline came from. I don't want to sit through 10-20 minutes of guys I already find insufferable f*cking around every single week just in case some bit of it might be relevant to a promotion that I watch, and, quite frankly, I think it is terribly unfair of ROH to ask me to do so.
And, on an even more frustrating note, even if I thought this was reasonable, it is completely inexcusable that (lacking a better way to phrase this) ROH (and NJPW, while we're at it) never told us that Being The Elite had become a kayfabe show. I should not tune in to ROH TV one day and wonder what on Earth everyone is going on about claiming Adam Page was kidnapped and implying that WWE did it (and then playing it for laughs was even worse). If you want something to be part of your storyline, you can't just hope everyone is going to stumble across it while looking for something else. Can you imagine if instead of on the Barber Shop, HBK turned on Marty Jannetty at a random spot show Vince let them work for Savoldi, and then expected everyone to understand what was going on when Marty made his big return?

Would it surprise anyone if Bullet Club is booking all of their own stuff (all with the intention of getting themselves and their brand over- Bucks' contracts are up this year), and Delirious is happy to let them do whatever they want simply because it means he can put even less effort into the product?
Tmac88

Post by Tmac88 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:30 am
kovs27 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:56 pm

This is where you go wrong. The moment that kayfabe relevant things start taking place on Being The Elite rather than on an ROH show, they are telling me that there is something wrong with not watching Being The Elite. I have watched with my own two eyes about 90-95% of the things (DVDs, TV shows, VideoWires) that ROH has ever put out, and have read detailed results of the rest of it. There is absolutely no reason why I should have trouble understand where a storyline came from. I don't want to sit through 10-20 minutes of guys I already find insufferable f*cking around every single week just in case some bit of it might be relevant to a promotion that I watch, and, quite frankly, I think it is terribly unfair of ROH to ask me to do so.
And, on an even more frustrating note, even if I thought this was reasonable, it is completely inexcusable that (lacking a better way to phrase this) ROH (and NJPW, while we're at it) never told us that Being The Elite had become a kayfabe show. I should not tune in to ROH TV one day and wonder what on Earth everyone is going on about claiming Adam Page was kidnapped and implying that WWE did it (and then playing it for laughs was even worse). If you want something to be part of your storyline, you can't just hope everyone is going to stumble across it while looking for something else. Can you imagine if instead of on the Barber Shop, HBK turned on Marty Jannetty at a random spot show Vince let them work for Savoldi, and then expected everyone to understand what was going on when Marty made his big return?

Would it surprise anyone if Bullet Club is booking all of their own stuff (all with the intention of getting themselves and their brand over- Bucks' contracts are up this year), and Delirious is happy to let them do whatever they want simply because it means he can put even less effort into the product?
You’re gonna hate the Main event then. lol
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

ULTIMATE MAYHEM MATCH

SOCAL UNCENSORED (“ALMIGHTY” CHRISTOPHER DANIELS, “HEAVY METAL REBEL” FRANKIE KAZARIAN”, & SCORPIO SKY) & SHANE TAYLOR vs. BULLET CLUB (ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS ADAM PAGE & THE YOUNG BUCKS AND “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL)

These eight men will face one another in Ultimate Mayhem, an eight-man match where two men start. After five minutes, another wrestler enters the ring determined by the winner of a coin flip. Teams will alternate every two minutes until all eight men are in the ring. The match cannot end until all eight men are in the ring and MUST end by pinfall or submission!
CAPRICE COLEMAN’S PULPIT – FANS PICK THE GUEST!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:21 pm Image
ULTIMATE MAYHEM MATCH

SOCAL UNCENSORED (“ALMIGHTY” CHRISTOPHER DANIELS, “HEAVY METAL REBEL” FRANKIE KAZARIAN”, & SCORPIO SKY) & SHANE TAYLOR vs. BULLET CLUB (ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS ADAM PAGE & THE YOUNG BUCKS AND “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL)

These eight men will face one another in Ultimate Mayhem, an eight-man match where two men start. After five minutes, another wrestler enters the ring determined by the winner of a coin flip. Teams will alternate every two minutes until all eight men are in the ring. The match cannot end until all eight men are in the ring and MUST end by pinfall or submission!
So it's War Games but without the cage? That's weird.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Looking forward to picking Coleman's Culpit's guests.

Also, Tenille Dashwood is booked for this show!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:48 pm
AlexROH wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:21 pm Image
ULTIMATE MAYHEM MATCH

So it's War Games but without the cage? That's weird.
VERY weird indeed.

Maybe this leads to a Steel Cage Warfare Match in New Orleans?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

DALTON CASTLE & VOLADOR JR. vs. JAY LETHAL & ULTIMO GUERRERO

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/dalto ... o-guerrero
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

So... barring some kind of crazy surprise, has there ever been a NYC show anywhere close to this insignificant. I mean, what show would you even argue for? War of the World 2016? Even that show had Okada and a tag team title match. This show just looks pointless and boring, hopefully they have something lined up or something really over delivers.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'm so down for Lethal and Ultimo Guerrero vs Castle and Volador. Guerrero's mullet is a historical treasure.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Really like the card, cool be a fun show! Does anyone knows at which time (EST) will the Honor Club stream start?
Tmac88

Post by Tmac88 »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:43 am Really like the card, cool be a fun show! Does anyone knows at which time (EST) will the Honor Club stream start?
7pm I do believe! Having a get together for it ! Can’t wait
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Less than an hour away. Let's go.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Briscoes win a quick opener against Coast to Coast and the Dawgs. Was pretty sloppy but some fun spots.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Main event is switched, I guess Daniels, Kaz, and Scorpio Sky had travel issues. I heard there was some crazy weather today. So it's Bullet Club vs Kingdom and Shane Taylor instead.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Women of Honor tag was decent. Tennille looked good.

Punishment vs Soberano Jr. up now.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Soberano/Punishment is really bad. They're just not working together that well. Soberano trying everything but Punishment not letting him do anything. This match is not making either guy look very good. A bad look for Punishment, especially, since they're always pushing him.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

They did a few things towards the end that made up for the awkward parts in the beginning. And Punishment gives him a powerbomb on the apron after the match to make the fans happy.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Now they're doing a Q&A with the fans to keep the theme going of an "interactive" show