Official 'Manhattan Mayhem VII' Show Thread (3.3.18)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Official 'Manhattan Mayhem VII' Show Thread (3.3.18)

Post by TYFDK »

This event will be streamed LIVE on Honor Club!

MAIN EVENT
Ultimate Mayhem Match
SoCal Uncensored & Shane Taylor vs. The Bullet Club

Jay Lethal & Ultimo Guerrero vs. Dalton Castle & Volador Jr.

Fans Pick the Stipulation
- Lumberjack Match
- Best 2 out of 3 Falls Match
- If Flip wins, he's booked for All In
Cody vs. Flip Gordon

VOTING ---------> https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/flip- ... tan-mayhem

Soberano Jr. vs. Punishment Martinez

Fans Pick the Coleman's Pulpit Guest
- Cheeseburger
- Flip Gordon
- Ultimo Guerrero
- Delirious
- Kelly Klein
- Colt Cabana
- Gary Juster

VOTING ---------> https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/choos ... tan-mayhem

Appearing:

- Kenny King
- Silas Young
- Beer City Bruiser
- Brian Milonas
Last edited by TYFDK on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TYFDK

Re: Official 'Manhattan Mayhem VII' Show Thread (3.3.18)

Post by TYFDK »

Manhattan Mayhem VII will feature the debut of Soberano, Jr.!

MMVII will also see the returns of Ultimo Guerrero and Volador Jr.!
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Save for Dragon Lee and MAYBE Volador I don't get excited for the CMLL guys at all to be honest
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Coming off a historic Final Battle in New York City that saw the crowning of the new ROH World Champion, Ring of Honor returns to The Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom on Saturday, March 3 for yet another advanced sell out! ROH wants to thank the loyal and passionate NYC fans by upping the ante on Manhattan Mayhem 2018.

ROH is proud to announce the return of THE EXPERIENCE, an interactive event that debuted in Columbus, OH last year. THE EXPERIENCE at Manhattan Mayhem will put the power in the fans’ hands of NYC and beyond! Honor Nation will have their say in match stipulations, tag team combinations, and more. There will also be increased interactivity during THE EXPERIENCE between fans and the ROH roster.

Keep it locked to ROHWrestling.com and Ring of Honor on social media for match announcements, fan voted stipulations, and more in the coming week!
http://rohwrestling.com/news/roh-brings ... tan-mayhem
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

King of Indy Style wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 pm Save for Dragon Lee and MAYBE Volador I don't get excited for the CMLL guys at all to be honest
They aren't as well integrated into the roster or angles as the NJPW guys have been, unfortunately. Maybe as ROH continues to expand into the west and southwest that will change. At least here in Denver all my Mexican friends are more familiar with CMLL and AAA than ROH or Impact by quite a bit (if they're aware of wrestling at all, that is).

But I'll watch as much Ultimo Guerrero as they're willing to give me.

EDIT:
At least they haven't forgotten about CMLL entirely. Though bringing them to a show right now makes it all the more annoying we didn't get any luchadoras in the WOH tournament.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:00 pm
King of Indy Style wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 pm Save for Dragon Lee and MAYBE Volador I don't get excited for the CMLL guys at all to be honest
They aren't as well integrated into the roster or angles as the NJPW guys have been, unfortunately. Maybe as ROH continues to expand into the west and southwest that will change. At least here in Denver all my Mexican friends are more familiar with CMLL and AAA than ROH or Impact by quite a bit (if they're aware of wrestling at all, that is).

EDIT:
At least they haven't forgotten about CMLL entirely. Though bringing them to a show right now makes it all the more annoying we didn't get any luchadoras in the WOH tournament.
Well, any partner is going to get short shrift when working in parallel to NJPW.

I'm pretty aligned with KOIS on this--I just don't follow CMLL enough to feel emotionally invested in the potential inter-promotional matchups. Fortunately, the mean workrate in CMLL is generally stronger than in ROH, so I almost always come in with the expectation that the showcased talent won't take away from a richer experience if without them.

For the short term, I'd just be pretty happy to see them be over. And the best way to do that is to incorporate them into simple title contention stories. (For instance, Cavernario pins the TV champ and gets a title match whenever he comes back to the company.)
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'd be down for Dragon Lee winning the TV, Tag, or Six Man Titles.

Lethal needs one or both tag titles at some point. Dragon Lee-thal? Lethal Dragon? I'd throw stacks of money at the TV for that.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Dragon Lee-thal is another one of those 'if this doesn't happen I'll be really upset' things.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Or a trio with Kushida could be ace too. They planted some seeds for a possible Kushida/Lethal team. Kushida, Lethal, and Lee is an interpromotional dream team.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Is there anyone who is in any way excited by this "the experience" thing? That honestly just makes me want to skip this show.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:53 pm Is there anyone who is in any way excited by this "the experience" thing? That honestly just makes me want to skip this show.
Kind of since I'm attending. Otherwise I wouldn't have all that much interest but it's more because I'm not so sure this show will do much to move along storylines.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Keep in mind though, this will air live on Honor Club. The first one last year didn't have that advantage. I'm sure it's just a test to see if people react to it and like it.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wilson wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:59 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:00 pm

EDIT:
Well, any partner is going to get short shrift when working in parallel to NJPW.

I'm pretty aligned with KOIS on this--I just don't follow CMLL enough to feel emotionally invested in the potential inter-promotional matchups. Fortunately, the mean workrate in CMLL is generally stronger than in ROH, so I almost always come in with the expectation that the showcased talent won't take away from a richer experience if without them.

For the short term, I'd just be pretty happy to see them be over. And the best way to do that is to incorporate them into simple title contention stories. (For instance, Cavernario pins the TV champ and gets a title match whenever he comes back to the company.)
What's weird about all of this is Taven being utilized in CMLL and why ROH wouldn't exploit this connection more.
Tmac88

Post by Tmac88 »

TYFDK wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:41 pm Keep in mind though, this will air live on Honor Club. The first one last year didn't have that advantage. I'm sure it's just a test to see if people react to it and like it.
I haven’t read anywhere that’s Its gonna be on Honor Club. Or a official date for Honor Club. I got my $120 ready lol
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Tmac88 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:34 pm
TYFDK wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:41 pm Keep in mind though, this will air live on Honor Club. The first one last year didn't have that advantage. I'm sure it's just a test to see if people react to it and like it.
I haven’t read anywhere that’s Its gonna be on Honor Club. Or a official date for Honor Club. I got my $120 ready lol

http://rohwrestling.com/news/ultimo-gue ... tan-mayhem

It’s in there
Tmac88

Post by Tmac88 »

My bad! Thanks ! Pretty exciting!
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Cody vs. Flip Gordon is listed as a "Pick'em" match on the new ROH site for this event.

Perhaps it is one of the few matches that gets announced ahead of time.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

And here it is, officially:

For months on the popular web series Being The Elite, Flip Gordon has been tortured, taunted, teased, and been the victim of what Bullet Club calls a series of “harmless ribs”. The C4 Explosives expert, active in the National Guard, has been on a quest to get revenge on Bullet Club. Gordon has had mixed success, with a win over Adam Page on ROH Television while losing a back-and-forth battle with former ROH World Television Champion Marty Scurll.

Gordon gets his biggest Bullet Club test yet in New York City in the former ROH World Champion Cody! But, with Cody’s world around him the most uncertain it has ever been as Bullet Club becomes filled with question marks, has Gordon secured a golden opportunity for a signature win?

We will find out in NYC and YOU get to pick the stipulation as part of the most interactive event of the year, THE EXPERIENCE at Manhattan Mayhem!

FANS CHOOSE THE STIPULATION: LUMBERJACK MATCH, 2 OUT OF 3 FALLS MATCH, OR IF GORDON BEATS CODY, HE IS BOOKED ON “ALL IN”

FLIP GORDON vs. “THE AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY

Cody lost the ROH World Championship at Final Battle 2017 to Dalton Castle and his world seemingly changed overnight. On ROH Television, Cody appeared a few weeks following his devastating loss to address the crowd and was low-blowed by Matt Taven, who stole Cody’s Ring of Honor. Cody faced Kota Ibushi at WrestleKingdom and tried to attack him the very next night at New Year Dash before he was stopped by Ibushi’s former partner, “The Cleaner” Kenny Omega.

If anyone tries to tell you they know what is going through Cody’s mind, they are lying. And perhaps, Cody doesn’t even know what is going through Cody’s mind. That was never more evident than when Cody seemingly inexplicably CrossRhodes’ed Omega at New Beginning in Sapporo.

Cody swears Bullet Club is fine despite mounting evidence to the contrary on ROH Television, NJPW events, and what fans see on Being The Elite. He is seemingly in conflict with Bullet Club and opportunists like Matt Taven and the Kingdom are taking full advantage of it.

And this gives Flip Gordon the opportunity of a lifetime to win a match against a man that contributed to his torment for months on the Being The Elite web series! Gordon has wanted to prove to Bullet Club that not only can he fend them off but that he should compete on their “All In” event. He may get that chance if the fans vote for that stipulation!

Heading into THE EXPERIENCE at Manhattan Mayhem, Gordon is undoubtedly the underdog in his bout against the American Nightmare but if there was a right place and a right time for Gordon to take a shot at the biggest win of his career, this is it! Can Gordon get his first win over a former ROH World Champion or will Cody clear the clouds and question marks surrounding him to defeat one of the most exciting young stars in ROH history?

But most interestingly, YOU get to pick the stipulation! Will the two battle in a Lumberjack Match, in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match, or will Gordon compete at Cody’s “All In” event with a win in NYC? Be sure to vote and then join us LIVE as an HonorClub member of any level!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Uch. Literally nothing in that entire write-up appeals to me in any way.
Tmac88

Post by Tmac88 »

Thomas Bobo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pm Cody vs. Flip Gordon is listed as a "Pick'em" match on the new ROH site for this event.

Perhaps it is one of the few matches that gets announced ahead of time.
I’m just now getting back into ROH(Went to my first show at Center Stage last week ) is this a first time One on one match ?