An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 149 Underground 1/19/21 MARCH NEWS!!!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... GET YOUR GATEWAY ?’S In asap!!!!!! Episode 7 Wrestling at the Gateway drops 4/17!!

Post by AnHonorableMention »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:28 pm What do you want to hear about 2006 American Dragon Bryan Danielson?
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... GET YOUR GATEWAY ?’S In asap!!!!!! Episode 7 Wrestling at the Gateway drops 4/17!!

Post by supersonic »

Here's a theory I've had and I wonder if Shane can confirm it at all.

Years ago on DKP, Naylor claimed Super Dragon was fired in April 2006 due to attacking a fan (Xias?) at the 100th Show. Now had he not been canned, was he gonna challenge Danielson for the ROH Title at the 6/24 event in Chicago?

This has been my theory because not only would the match have been epically hot as fuck in the Windy City, but Danielson vs. Cabana seemed quite rushed in getting booked for that card, not coming anywhere near appropriately telling the story that Cabana was starting from scratch after being quickly dispatched by Danielson at the 100th Show. The 8/26 event in which they'd face off in the 2/3 falls match seemed like a far more appropriate event for Cabana to get a second chance against Danielson (at least in ROH, not including FIP.)

Another termination from that year to ask about is Low Ki. Had he stuck around, when was the plan for him to get the elusive rematch against Joe and also challenge Danielson for the title? Would KENTA have just been a modern-day-Lesnar-type special attraction had that been the case instead of being groomed to put Danielson over at GBHVN2?
AnHonorableMention

supersonic wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm Assuming you won't be petty, here's a theory I've had and I wonder if Shane can confirm it at all.

Years ago on DKP, Naylor claimed Super Dragon was fired in April 2006 due to attacking a fan (Xias?) at the 100th Show. Now had he not been canned, was he gonna challenge Danielson for the ROH Title at the 6/24 event in Chicago?

This has been my theory because not only would the match have been epically hot as fuck in the Windy City, but Danielson vs. Cabana seemed quite rushed in getting booked for that card, not coming anywhere near appropriately telling the story that Cabana was starting from scratch after being quickly dispatched by Danielson at the 100th Show. The 8/26 event in which they'd face off in the 2/3 falls match seemed like a far more appropriate event for Cabana to get a second chance against Danielson (at least in ROH, not including FIP.)

Another termination from that year to ask about is Low Ki. Had he stuck around, when was the plan for him to get the elusive rematch against Joe and also challenge Danielson for the title? Would KENTA have just been a modern-day-Lesnar-type special attraction had that been the case instead of being groomed to put Danielson over at GBHVN2?

Rick when you stick to the topic we’ll answer your questions. Naylor not even close on his story btw.
Captain Podcast
KL_

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... Episode 7 Wrestling at the Gateway OUT NOW!!!!!

Post by KL_ »

Hello. :)
Are you gonna publish more of your episodes on your Youtube account ?
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... Episode 7 Wrestling at the Gateway OUT NOW!!!!!

KL_ wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:11 am Hello. :)
Are you gonna publish more of your episodes on your Youtube account ?
Yes we will. In fact there will likely be more coming to youtube very soon, maybe as soon as MONDAY April 23rd. I am working on gathering images from events, but for now check out itunes or google play, or iheart radio for full episodes! Thanks for listening!
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... Episode 7 Wrestling at the Gateway OUT NOW!!!!! Taking Questions for 2006 Daniels

Major announcement regarding the future of An Honorable Mention coming Monday. This is a game changer on multiple levels.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention... MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT ON PAGE 4

For Immediate Release:

An Honorable Mention... with Jeff Schwartz & Shane Hagadorn is proud to announce our partnership with the team behind Keepin it 100 with Konnan, Creative Control, & many other Podcasts, The Creative Control Network. In partnership with Joe Feeney, An Honorable Mention... is excited to reach an entire new audience with exposure from pro wrestlers like Konnan, Disco Inferno, Joel Gertner, & Chris Jericho.

In the coming weeks, beginning with the Bryan Danielson 2005 retrospective volume 1, you'll hear some changes but the same great content and knowledge employed by Schwartz and Hagadorn. "We are very optimistic this will get our show into the hands of more people," Hagadorn said. Keep an eye out on An Honorable Mention's Youtube channel for more content and archives of shows.

"This company holds a special place in my heart and I hope our show continues to do it justice," said Schwartz. An Honorable Mention airs Tuesdays on the Creative Control Network a division of Westwood One.
Captain Podcast
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Ay--congrats! Podcast has been putting in the work. Love to see that you guys are growing so quickly.
AnHonorableMention

Wilson wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:40 am Ay--congrats! Podcast has been putting in the work. Love to see that you guys are growing so quickly.
Thanks for the kind words. Many thanks to you for letting me promote here and for the fans listening. For all the retro podcasts none are fortunate enough to the perspective of two people who survived the early years of Honor before SBG.
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Congratulations.

I just finished listening to the latest show. You guys were wondering whether Aries would have turned heel if Gabe hadn't been fired,, and loathe as I am to recommend Kayfabe Commentaries products, one of their few good ones was the "Gabe's Book of ROH Secrets" DVD in which Gabe laid out what his plans were for the rest of the year, and a bit beyond, and I believe he answers the question there.
AnHonorableMention

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:59 am Congratulations.

I just finished listening to the latest show. You guys were wondering whether Aries would have turned heel if Gabe hadn't been fired,, and loathe as I am to recommend Kayfabe Commentaries products, one of their few good ones was the "Gabe's Book of ROH Secrets" DVD in which Gabe laid out what his plans were for the rest of the year, and a bit beyond, and I believe he answers the question there.

Man Big Red, you are actually the second person to bring this up. I’ve seen the dvd but I think it’s been so long I completely forgot what content was on it. My sobriety and brain function recovery from concussions has gotten better recently but there’s just some stuff I’ve completely lost! Will have to go back and rewatch this soon.

Thanks for listening and providing us some questions! Keep the questions coming! Danielson 2006 Part 2 could always use more content.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention... Bryan Danielson 2006 Vol. 1 DROPS 5/1/18

Excited with the art work and completed product for Volume 1 of 2006 Danielson.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

We just keep getting better news as the days move onward. Stay tuned...
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

https://soundcloud.com/user-180666993/e ... -1/s-uhXnH

This is essential listening if you claim to be an ROH fan. Episode 9 drops next week covering the second half of the year
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

https://www.hipcast.com/podcast/HJqKxbP4

This will be the new permanent home for An Honorable Mention....
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention... Bryan Danielson 2006 Vol. 1 OUT NOW, Vol. 2 5/8!

https://twitter.com/AnHonorablePod/stat ... 4506850304

Which Manhattan Mayhem do you want to hear about in two weeks?

Manhattan Mayhem
Manhattan Mayhem II
Manhattan Mayhem III
Manhattan Mayhem IV

Click the link above and vote! You don't need twitter to vote!
Captain Podcast
KL_

Re: An Honorable Mention... Bryan Danielson 2006 Vol. 1 OUT NOW, Vol. 2 5/8!

Post by KL_ »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:50 pm You don't need twitter to vote!
Actually I don't have Twitter and I can't vote.
Well, I can live with that.

Thanks for your job :)