An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 149 Underground 1/19/21 MARCH NEWS!!!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 149 Underground 1/19/21 MARCH NEWS!!!

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anhonorablepod/
Twitter: @AnHonorablePod https://twitter.com/AnHonorablePod

For Release:

From the desks & memories of Jeff Schwartz and Shane Hagadorn comes a podcast in the vein of Something to Wrestle... with Bruce Prichard & Conrad Thompson. An Honorable Mention... covers ROH shows from the perspective of those in the crowd and behind the scenes. Our first episode just released on all the major podcast platforms covering the 100th Show. Two friends of over 14 years have combined our perspectives and what we have left of our memories to cover behind the scenes and in front of the cameras from various ROH events and personalities from 2002 - 2014. We hope to engage with fans via our Facebook and Twitter and want to hear what you want to hear. We hope you'll give us a try as we're presently on Episode 3, and released the pilot to the public two days ago. We've got better sound and tech coming for our Chris Hero retrospective which is going to be very special to both of us as our relationship with Chris has stayed strong over the years. Plus we will be delving into each of our very different relationships with Larry Sweeney. We hope to hear open and honest feedback from everyone and look forward to bettering our podcast for you.

Tuesday February 27, join us for Death Before Dishonor IV and 2 weeks later 3/13 will be a retrospective look back at Chris Hero.

Thanks for your time,

Jeff and Shane

How to listen!

Haven’t listened yet? We’re easier to find than a DVD of the 100th show, and it’s FREE!!!!! Check us out!!!!!

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/an- ... 24250?mt=2

Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/an-hon ... refid=stpr

Sound Cloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-180666993

Google Play: https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.g ... -mu-pod-16

https://www.spreaker.com/show/3475975

https://anhonorablemention.wixsite.com/main

If you have any app or website requests you use that you'd like to see us utilize shout them out and we'll investigate!
Last edited by AnHonorableMention on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 133 times in total.
Captain Podcast
WebConn

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast....

Post by WebConn »

Is Chris Hero gonna be on the Chris Hero episode?
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I like the idea, hopefully Hagadorn can remember enough.
AnHonorableMention

WebConn wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:30 pm Is Chris Hero gonna be on the Chris Hero episode?
Obviously WWE would not grant us that access even if we asked. The format is focused upon not needing a guest.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

The Dragon Saga wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:41 am I like the idea, hopefully Hagadorn can remember enough.
He absolutely does and I personally was at 75% or so of the events, we will cover. We’ll also be watching everything too. Listen and you’ll see.
Captain Podcast
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I think this sounds super dope.

Please do post when shows drop. (And pretty please get this synced up to most major podcast applications when it's ready.)
AnHonorableMention

Wilson wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:22 pm I think this sounds super dope.

Please do post when shows drop. (And pretty please get this synced up to most major podcast applications when it's ready.)
Actually came over to edit in the links to all of our podcast listening options into the main thread. Thanks for your interest. Shane & I have each divided our work up equally, I'm handling the audio recording and editing work as well as the graphics. He's uploading the shows and signing us up with the various podcast sites & apps. We're both handling the twitter & facebook pages and love interacting with everyone there. The hope is to grow the show and we'd love to hear what you all want to hear despite our list of now over 80! topics we'd like to eventually cover.
Captain Podcast
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 pm
WebConn wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:30 pm Is Chris Hero gonna be on the Chris Hero episode?
Obviously WWE would not grant us that access even if we asked. The format is focused upon not needing a guest.
I forgot he was signed to the WWE. Ha. Well I bet its still gonna be a fun listen. I liked the first episode.
AnHonorableMention

WebConn wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:02 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 pm
I forgot he was signed to the WWE. Ha. Well I bet its still gonna be a fun listen. I liked the first episode.

Thanks for listening!!!
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I’d be interested in a 2007 podcast focusing on a few specifics:

Steen & Generico’s off-screen demeanor
Respect is Earned (along with contracts, PPV deal, talent exodus)
the historic first shows in Japan
Was there any brewing roster concern/resentment towards Sapolsky as he got burned out?
The disastrous San Francisco carny convention scam
Sapolsky and roster reaction to the Benoit tragedy (plus who actually took notice of the publicized brain trauma results)
AnHonorableMention

Head over to Twitter.com/anHonorablePod and vote for Episode 4!
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I recall the Observer reporting that Jimmy Yang made the premature challenge to Jimmy Rave at Ring of Homicide; this turned out to be Yang's final ROH appearance and his entire post-match promo is scrubbed from the DVD release.
AnHonorableMention

We now have instagram! Instagram.com/anhonorablepod
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

We taped part of the Chris Hero retrospective today and man we're half way through at the 2 hour 7 min mark. Audio is much improved thanks to new equipment and the stories and inside baseball on this show is off the charts. Definitely our best work yet.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... DBD IV OUT TOMORROW

We drop death before dishonor tomorrow mid-day US Eastern and over 4 hours of Chris Hero on 3/13. 3/27 is Samoa Joe 2003-2005. Plus an ROHWorld.com exclusive preview of our poll that will drop during the Hero episode

At Our Best

Supercard of Honor 1

Supercard of Honor 7

From the Ashes & Phoenix Rising Weekend(vote for this I've never actually seen these two shows & there's a ton of crazy shit that went down this weekend).
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... DBD IV IS LIVE!

Death Before Dishonor IV is live for all your listening pleasures!
Captain Podcast
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Really excited to listen to this episode. This show was one of the best live event experiences I have ever had.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'm liking these podcasts. I like the whole idea of telling . ahistory of ROH with a guy who was there for a lot of it.

How is ROH with letting guys do podcasts and what not? Cuz If i could suggest something for the show, It would be really cool to hear a Jay Lethal, Colt Cabana, BJ Whitmar etc in ROH Retrospective with them as guests.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

WebConn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:40 pm I'm liking these podcasts. I like the whole idea of telling . ahistory of ROH with a guy who was there for a lot of it.

How is ROH with letting guys do podcasts and what not? Cuz If i could suggest something for the show, It would be really cool to hear a Jay Lethal, Colt Cabana, BJ Whitmar etc in ROH Retrospective with them as guests.
I do not know how ROH regulates this now. I used to be able to have access to some ROH talent through the office staff pre-SBG takeover and in the very early times of SBG for the Two Spot Monkeys blog.

I think with Jeff and Shane, they have been friends for a while and that leads naturally to their pairing here and format for reflection.