An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 149 Underground 1/19/21 MARCH NEWS!!!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... DBD IV IS LIVE!

Post by AnHonorableMention »

WebConn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:40 pm I'm liking these podcasts. I like the whole idea of telling . ahistory of ROH with a guy who was there for a lot of it.

How is ROH with letting guys do podcasts and what not? Cuz If i could suggest something for the show, It would be really cool to hear a Jay Lethal, Colt Cabana, BJ Whitmar etc in ROH Retrospective with them as guests.

As much as I would love to have those guys on. Colt doesn’t do other podcasts, Lethal and BJ work for ROH. We do plan to have guests on down the road but they won’t be current ROH talent, maybe one or two exceptions to that down the road.

For those that don’t know, Neither of us are on speaking terms with current ROH upper management and I’ll leave it at that.
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I just finished the first episode. Keep up the great work guys!
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Regardless of guests or not i'm liking the show
AnHonorableMention

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:06 am I just finished the first episode. Keep up the great work guys!
Thanks very much sir. Hopefully you tune in for Episode 2, our now! Episode 3 is gonna be great! Let us know what you want to hear.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

WebConn wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:00 pm Regardless of guests or not i'm liking the show
Thanks so much sir. Please let us know what you want to hear.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Special treat dropping THIS TUESDAY!!!
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... CHRIS HERO TEASER LIVE

We couldn’t wait, the Chris Hero teaser is live on all on your podcast providers. A 16 minute teaser for episode 3, dropping in one week!
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

We may have a special bonus episode coming in the next few weeks with an ROH GUEST, negotiations are ongoing right now and we hope to have an announcement to make on our Samoa Joe 2003-2005 episode which drops on 3/27. Nothing official yet, but we are only willing to have a guest who is open to answering questions openly and may dip into sensitive areas pertaining to company business. If our guest is willing to speak on topics we'd like to ask about, we'll tape and release it to the podcast platforms during an off week.
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

Awesome! Keep up the good work and great stories!
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... Get your 2003-2005 Samoa Joe questions in!

Taping Monday and Tuesday, get your questions in now on 2003-2005 Joe, we’ll shout you out and answer!
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Had Joe vs. Corino taken place in Chicago, that means Joe vs. Punk II takes place at All Star Extravanganza II. In this scenario, were there plans for Joe vs. Punk III in 2005? Would Aries have still dethroned Joe at Final Battle 2004?

Speaking of Joe and Punk, why were they so wishy-washy when discussing Teddy Hart in their shoot interview? Did they withhold the urban legend that Teddy beat the shit out of the future UFC glorified tomato can? And is that urban legend true?

What was his (and the rest of the locker room’s) problem with Vordell Walker?

When Joe signed with TNA, did there appear to be any resentment from Sapolsky over it as Joe started making the transition?

Low Ki and Joe seemed to have a strong tease at Glory By Honor IV. When was the plan to finally deliver that anticipated rematch?
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

To the best of Shane's Knowledge what was the original plans for the Joe-Foley feud and was a match between the two ever discussed? What prevented those plans?
Big Red Machine

Was there any resentment in the locker room that a relative newcomer like Aries got to be the one to dethrone Joe rather than a long-established guy like Punk, Dragon, Homicide, or Low Ki?
AnHonorableMention

Taping the finishes in the coming days still time to get questions in! Supersonic if you’re going to troll, don’t expect anything you ask to be acknowledged ever. Grow up.

Big Red Machine and Webb conn your questions have been added to our format! Thanks fellas!
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... EPISODE 3 Chris Hero IS LIVE

https://twitter.com/AnHonorablePod/stat ... 6475184128

Pick our next episode!!!!!!!!

At Our Best
Supercard of Honor 2006
Phoenix Double Shot 2010
Supercard of Honor VII
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... EPISODE 4 SAMOA JOE VOL. 1 DROPS 1 WEEK EARLY

We're dropping Samoa Joe 2003-2005 Early, one week early in fact. Spoiler alert it's a two parter and it's our best sounding episode and most indepth story yet. Hear all about Samoa Joe in and out of the ring. For someone I consider to be a close friend, it was tough to tell some stories and some are yet to be allowed due to the statute of limitations but buy a helmet and headphones and come listen!
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Re: An Honorable Mention Podcast.... EPISODE 4 SAMOA JOE VOL. 1 DROPS 1 WEEK EARLY

Post by supersonic »

I find it amusing that a podcast that patterns itself after Something to Wrestling With, which at times has host Conrad Thompson putting Bruce Pritchard on the spot with potentially unpleasant questions (especially those involving myths, rumors, and urban legends), would fallaciously find my questions to be "trolling," and not only that, but be so insecure about my aggressive pushback to this accusation that the host resorts to blocking me elsewhere for it. What a great way to appreciate someone that has recommended this podcast to others, especially the 2000s customer base. (And I will continue to do that, because I am objective enough to not let trivial forms of "heat" get in the way of promoting a great resource on the company's golden age, which this podcast definitely is thanks to both parties involved on it.)

In addition, Thompson is not afraid to straight up call Pritchard on his myopic bullshit. So I'd expect the same pattern on this podcast, which is more than fair on my part.

(Is that better, Wilson?)
AnHonorableMention

supersonic wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:46 pm I find it amusing that a podcast that patterns itself after Something to Wrestling With, which at times has host Conrad Thompson putting Bruce Pritchard on the spot with potentially unpleasant questions (especially those involving myths, rumors, and urban legends), would fallaciously find my questions to be "trolling," and not only that, but be so insecure about my aggressive pushback to this accusation that the host resorts to blocking me elsewhere for it. What a great way to appreciate someone that has recommended this podcast to others, especially the 2000s customer base. (And I will continue to do that, because I am objective enough to not let trivial forms of "heat" get in the way of promoting a great resource on the company's golden age, which this podcast definitely is thanks to both parties involved on it.)

In addition, Thompson is not afraid to straight up call Pritchard on his myopic bullshit. So I'd expect the same pattern on this podcast, which is more than fair on my part.

(Is that better, Wilson?)
You asked questions both of us feel were stupid and didn't contribute to the podcast thus we'll be making fun of you and your troll like ways on air. If you want attention that bad, find a girlfriend or boyfriend whatever persuasion floats your boat. There's a reason Shane & Gabe not mention anyone else who had message board duties banned this name multiple times.

For all the attitude I brought I at least redeemed myself by sobering up, putting away the pills, and getting my life right. You, 15 or so years later are still a child. Ask stupid trolling questions, get a stupid trolling response. The earth is flat. Don't respond again either. We appreciate you allegedly recommending shows, although literally that's probably a lie too. Humble up. Maybe we'll let you back on the social media.
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Why are you resorting to the bottom 2 categories rather than the top 2 categories?

The questions were never intended to be trolling, although I won’t pretend to know that they wouldn’t be sensitive (which you are trying to cleverly disguise by dismissing them as “stupid.) I actually would like to know what led to Vordell Walker’s tenure to be cut short, as well as all things Teddy Hart that the two of you know about, as hard as I’m sure it is to be believed by either of you. Perhaps my tone of choice painted the questions as being disingenuous? If so, the blame falls on both of you for jumping to the attached image’s yellow category instead of just addressing my legitimate curiosities.

I await the “get out of your mom’s basement” ad hominem response. Obviously, it’s too difficult to take a page out of Bryan Danielson’s playbook and just not get offended over comments and questions that may happen to be a bit jarring to you. It’s so much easier to act like Phil Brooks (cue the insecure “LOL only losers use shoot names” dig.) Maybe it’s because both of you are ultimately just 2 dime-a-dozen carnies with disdain for those who dare ever jar at you.

Meanwhile I’ll keep spreading the valuable podcast elsewhere, such as in one of your buddy Steven’s groups that currently has over 7,300 members - https://m.facebook.com/groups/2204870087

I’ll even see if another group with over 1,000 members is willing to share. Because yes, the podcast is a quality historic resource, no matter how smug either one of you carnies wants to act towards one of your consumers. (I’ll leave the two of you to spread it on other arthouse-style forums like Hobbes wisely does with his.)