An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 149 Underground 1/19/21 MARCH NEWS!!!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 149 Underground 1/19/21

Post by AnHonorableMention »

So March's calendar is being built around shows post Hags. Make your picks known, and maybe we'll use some suggestions.
Captain Podcast
McXal
Donator
Donator

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 149 Underground 1/19/21 MARCH NEWS!!!

Post by McXal »

Admittedly fresher in my memory as I’m just finishing my 2018 review series now...but the ‘major’ shows from 2018 are a decent bet.

In 2018 you can very literally watch the stage being set for ROH’s disastrous 2019/AEW’s birth as each month passes - like a car crash, except ROH had so many opportunities to steer out of the way of the tree but kept choosing not to. BUT one thing they got right was that all of the ‘major’ shows actually felt like big events.

16th Anniversary, Supercard Of Honor 12, Best In The World 2018 and Final Battle 2018 (and to a lesser extent DBD 16 as well) are all, in my opinion, really good shows - with lots of great matches catering to all styles. BUT since it’s 2018 they’ll all also give you plenty to critique/bury to keep the pod entertaining as well (you could get a whole month’s worth of podcasts out of how atrocious Bully Ray’s 2019 run was for starters!)

I’m always one for ‘it was better in the good old days’...but to give due credit, ROH/SBG delivered real value for money on PPV’s in 2018...
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 149 Underground 1/19/21 MARCH NEWS!!!

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Announced for March Madness 2 of the worst shows in ROH history and 3 pretty good ones from the modern era! Head over to Patreon.com/anhonorablepod and find out immediately or wait until the show drops with ads Tuesday!
Captain Podcast