An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 149 Underground 1/19/21 MARCH NEWS!!!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP79 DBD 11 Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod & ITSADVDPRODUCT.com`

Post by AnHonorableMention »

For the non-patreon members the Jimmy Jacobs interview will drop on all podcast outlets Tuesday September 17, 2019
Captain Podcast
Wilson

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP79 DBD 11 Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod & ITSADVDPRODUCT.com`

Post by Wilson »

Hell fuckin' yeah on Jimmy Jacobs!
AnHonorableMention

Wilson wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:25 pm Hell fuckin' yeah on Jimmy Jacobs!
He's the type of guy I have had so many fun memories with over the years. I'm working on getting a few other fun names for interviews in the coming months. One in the can already is someone who was behind the scenes with ROH for 10 years and now is part of AEW. An unsung hero and truly someone who we'll have back on sooner rather than later because there is an infinite world of content to discuss.
Captain Podcast
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Very excited for this episode! I really enjoy your pod - and the interview/guest shows are always among your best.
AnHonorableMention

McXal wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 pm Very excited for this episode! I really enjoy your pod - and the interview/guest shows are always among your best.

Thanks pal, sometimes we use your reviews for info when looking for specific stuff. If you have any guest suggestions, happy to listen!
Captain Podcast
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:17 pm
McXal wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:06 pm Very excited for this episode! I really enjoy your pod - and the interview/guest shows are always among your best.

Thanks pal, sometimes we use your reviews for info when looking for specific stuff. If you have any guest suggestions, happy to listen!
No worries. Apologies there's not a lot of more recent content for you to refer to...but then again I can't say I have as much fun reviewing the current product!

In terms of guests, other than Wayne & Mary Part II (that was a LONG show and I felt you guys had so much more you could've covered! Among your most fun shows for sure) then I don't have a whole load of innovative suggestions! I'd love for you to get Syd on the show one day, as I think he'd be an interesting counterbalance to some of Hagadorn's stories/recollections. I could list any number of wrestlers from the 'golden' (i.e. Gabe) era, and am definitely looking forward to the Jacobs interview. Your two-parter with Rave was great for the same reason.

How possible would Dave Prazak be? Given the volume of ROH content he has seen and been the iconic voice for, he must have some interesting stories to tell - but also I guess a unique perspective given how much of it he saw from behind a microphone in Florida rather than in the building live.
AnHonorableMention

McXal wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:38 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:17 pm

No worries. Apologies there's not a lot of more recent content for you to refer to...but then again I can't say I have as much fun reviewing the current product!

In terms of guests, other than Wayne & Mary Part II (that was a LONG show and I felt you guys had so much more you could've covered! Among your most fun shows for sure) then I don't have a whole load of innovative suggestions! I'd love for you to get Syd on the show one day, as I think he'd be an interesting counterbalance to some of Hagadorn's stories/recollections. I could list any number of wrestlers from the 'golden' (i.e. Gabe) era, and am definitely looking forward to the Jacobs interview. Your two-parter with Rave was great for the same reason.

How possible would Dave Prazak be? Given the volume of ROH content he has seen and been the iconic voice for, he must have some interesting stories to tell - but also I guess a unique perspective given how much of it he saw from behind a microphone in Florida rather than in the building live.
Dave is very possible, Shane and I just saw him for GCW during All Out Weekend. Great dude, would be fun to do. Syd is out of the question due to his exit from the business and general disdain for all things wrestling, sadly. Always enjoyed his dry sense of humor. Wayne & Mary 2.0 will be happening for sure, I'm working Homicide and Alex Shelley. We'll see what we can get done.

Thanks for the support!
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP80 JIMMY JACOBS JOINS US LIVE!!! Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod & ITSADVDPRODUCT.com`

Jimmy Jacobs is up early, easily the proudest I've ever been having been a co-creator of this podcast from the beginning. This is our best work and the video via patreon is gold.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP82 JOE VS. KOBASHI Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod & ITSADVDPRODUCT.com`

It was one of THE most historic nights in Ring of Honor's history up to that point, and remains so to this day. The night Kenta Kobashi came to ROH to battle it out with Samoa Joe inside a hotel ballroom, and in turn sold more DVD's than any other event in the 10 year tenure of Shane Hagadorn in ROH, netted a 5 Star rating (in the days before there were 92 star matches), and still gives our hosts goosebumps to this day!

It is “Joe vs. Kobashi”, and on the 14th anniversary of this classic match, Jeff and Shane share their recollections from being in the building for the event that night, and what they each experienced watching the match back again. It's this week on AHM, and it's brought to you on The Creative Control Network, and sponsored by MyBookie.AG, where you can get your first deposit (up to $1,000) doubled with promo code HONOR!

--------------------

Joe vs. Kobashi

October 1, 2005

New Yorker Hotel

NYC, NY

Singles Match

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Colt Cabana

Three Way Dance

Azrieal vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Matt Sydal

ROH Tag Team Title Match

BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs (c) vs. Sal Rinauro & Tony Mamaluke

ROH Pure Title Match

Nigel McGuinness (c) vs. Jay Lethal

Grudge Match

Jimmy Rave (w/Jade Chung & Prince Nana) vs. Roderick Strong

Singles Match

Pelle Primeau vs. Ricky Reyes (w/Julius Smokes)

Singles Match

James Gibson vs. Jimmy Yang

Singles Match

Homicide (w/Julius Smokes) vs. Jack Evans

Singles Match

Kenta Kobashi vs. Samoa Joe (w/Jay Lethal)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

An Honorable Mention Podcast is hosted by Jeff Schwartz & Shane Hagadorn every Tuesday on the Creative Control Network.

OUTLETS:

iTUNES: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/an- ... 24250?mt=2

TuneIn Radio: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Sports--Rec ... -p1101966/

Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/an-hon ... refid=stpr

Spreaker: https://www.spreaker.com/show/an-honora ... e-hagadorn

Castbox: https://www.castbox.fm/channel/id2083202

Podbean: https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/ ... tz-Podcast

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3bT7qZVq6PN2JWJu21v0jM

iHeartRadio: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/966-an-h ... -45911710/

ListenNotes: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/an ... Ves3d7roi/

SUPPORT THE SHOW:

Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod

ItsADVDProduct.com

Etsy.com/shop/AnHonorablePod

Prowrestlingtees.com/AnHonorableMention

MyBookie.com Promo Code: Honor (Double Your 1st Deposit Up To $1,000)

CollarxElbow Promo Code: AHM (10% off your order)

ADVERTISE WITH US:

advertisecast.com/anhonorablementionwithshanehagadornjeff

anhonorablemention@gmail.com

FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST NEWS & NOTES!

Twitter & Instagram- @anhonorablepod

Twitter & Instagram - @thejeffschwartz

Twitter & Instagram - @hagadornshane

Audio by Zach Johnson - @RadioZT

anhonorablemention.wixsite.com/main

Twitch.tv/AnHonorablePod

Facebook.com/AnHonorablePod

Youtube Search “An Honorable Mention”

Episode 82 Joe vs. Kobashi.mp3
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP82 JOE VS. KOBASHI Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod & ITSADVDPRODUCT.com`

Negotiations for an episode with a current ROH roster member are on going. This is one I’ve been working on for almost a year, and if we get it done it’s gonna be the first podcast he’s done talking his ROH career.
Captain Podcast
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:19 am Negotiations for an episode with a current ROH roster member are on going. This is one I’ve been working on for almost a year, and if we get it done it’s gonna be the first podcast he’s done talking his ROH career.
The Lizard Face obviously.
AnHonorableMention

supersonic wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:50 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:19 am Negotiations for an episode with a current ROH roster member are on going. This is one I’ve been working on for almost a year, and if we get it done it’s gonna be the first podcast he’s done talking his ROH career.
The Lizard Face obviously.
He would never be worthy of an honorable mention.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP84 SOTF 2007 Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod & ITSADVDPRODUCT.com`

Chaos at the Cow Palace this Tuesday!
Hidden Gems, 11/5
Weekend of Thunder Night 1 11/12
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP 90: War of the Wire Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod & ITSADVDPRODUCT.com`

War of the Wire Episode 90 comes to you on Tuesday 11/26!
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP 100: 2nd Anniversary Show Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod & ITSADVDPRODUCT.com`

As we hit episode 100 this Tuesday with the 2nd Anniversary Show, I encourage everyone to join up to Patreon.com/anhonorablepod there's so much bonus content and exclusive material that really makes you feel as if the show is like an appetizer.
Captain Podcast
ertooso

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 106 Back to Basics 3/17 Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod

Post by ertooso »

I like the idea, hopefully Hagadorn can remember enough.
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 106 Back to Basics 3/17 Patreon.com/AnHonorablePod

ertooso wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:21 pm I like the idea, hopefully Hagadorn can remember enough.
The Dragon Saga wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:41 am I like the idea, hopefully Hagadorn can remember enough.

??????
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Re: An Honorable Mention Presents EP: 135 Unforgettable 10/6

Year 2 of the Hall of Fame of Honor is coming....
Captain Podcast