Official 16th Anniversary PPV Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Official 16th Anniversary PPV Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:28 am Not like Teddy Hart. He's been accused of rape multiple times, let alone all the other BS.
He's gone into business for himself enough times that I don't see why any promoter would trust him.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Be cool if ROH used some FSW talent while they were in town for the TV Tapings. For example the Bonus Boyz, Kevin Cross or Suede Thompson.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

According to ROH's Twitter, the PPV is sold out but there are still limited tickets available for the TV tapings.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The Bonus Boyz are awful. I used to see them on Paragon. Kevin Cross is okay though.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I've seen the Bonus Boyz wrestle a couple times on CWFH they didn't look half bad. They got that big guy brawler style. Not a bad promo either.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wouldn't watch another Sugar Brown match if it involved Eddie Guerrero back from the dead. He's like Joey Daddiego except fat and capable of a standing moonsault (but not much else).
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Nice of Impact to upload a match from 5 years ago to get everyone excited for the World Six-Man Tag Title match on Friday.

Bad Influence vs. Generation Me (Ladder Match)
TNA One Night Only: Hardcore Justice 2
July 5, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0WBrie2r0&
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Silas confirmed that he's getting a TV Title rematch against King on the PPV:

https://twitter.com/lastrealmanROH/stat ... 6934188032
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

He has to win it back here.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I don't know how I feel about the idea of the title getting hot potatoed between Kenny and Silas
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

WebConn wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:06 pm I don't know how I feel about the idea of the title getting hot potatoed between Kenny and Silas
Hot potato-ing should be avoided at all costs unless there is a specific storyline purpose to it (like the Briscoes losing the belts in their first defense to Doi & Shingo, then fighting each other to toughen up, then winning them right back and going on to have the longest, strongest reign of all time [up to that point]).
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

WebConn wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:50 pm Be cool if ROH used some FSW talent while they were in town for the TV Tapings. For example the Bonus Boyz, Kevin Cross or Suede Thompson.
Kevin Kross said he won't be at the Mecca due to his LU commitments.

Spots for Chris Bey or the Whirlwind Gentlemen, perhaps?
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

I hate hot potatoing belts, but Silas should definitely get it back. Probably cleanly too.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

ActionJeffson wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:45 am I hate hot potatoing belts, but Silas should definitely get it back.
Exactly.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Silas should use heel tactics to win. The show is in Kenny's home town; you can't waste an opportunity to get Silas some nuclear heat.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

If Silas Regains the championship at the show then I think Silas should have a lengthy reign it's not like ROH to hot shot titles. So if they are gonna keep changing the title I'd like to see this feud result in oe of these guys getting a long reign if not a year close to a year.

At Supercard of Honor they should blow this off with a big stipulation match, Cage match or something but like an old school Crockett cage match with a lot of blood. If King wins give him a year long of 355 day reign, build Cheeseburger up in a yesr to be a viable contender or Josh Woods or Jonathan Gresham. Build a "homegrown" star up to take the title away from King at the big Wrestlemania Weekend show.

If Silas walks out of SCOH as Champ and signs a longish contract give him the record breaking reign have him surpass Jay Lethal's 567 day reign, shatter the record go 600 days. I think Silas as the heel with Bruiser and Milonas helping him win and just being the bully can result in some fun feuds. Kenny as a face I don't know if he can carry a 600 day reign.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Two Women of Honor Championship matches airing live and for free on Facebook before the PPV.

- First Round: Sumie Sukai vs. Hana Kimura
- Quarterfinal: Tenille Dashwood vs. Brandi Rhodes
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Teddy has been getting positive reviews recently. Not advocating him being in ROH but a lot of the assessments here are pretty dated.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I don't know why this board loves Silas so much, but I prefer Kenny and hope he gets a chance to showcase his talent, unlike his first run where he was having random matches with Joey Ryan, Caprice Coleman and Cheeseburger.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I like Silas cuz he's rough and tumble and doesn't take any flack.