Official 16th Anniversary PPV Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Official 16th Anniversary PPV Thread

Post by famicommander »

I figured he'd get a quick rematch
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Fuck yeah That's gonna be a fucking cool match.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

WebConn wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:06 pm Fuck yeah That's gonna be a fucking cool match.
A year ago I would have agreed with you, but I found their match at Masters of the Craft last year to be disappointing. Hopefully this next match will live up to- or, hell, I'd take even approach- the standard that their first two matches set?
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Heel Briscoes though, I have a feeling its gonna be more of a fight than a wrestling match.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Small tidbit, but the match graphics both here and on TV look a lot better.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 pm Small tidbit, but the match graphics both here and on TV look a lot better.
Plus, they are finally using better and bigger images with a better resolution.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 pm Small tidbit, but the match graphics both here and on TV look a lot better.
Ehhhh I guess a fair trade since the match quality is decreasing.

This card is laughable. Looks like a house show with nothing really happening of any consequence. Actually I take that back because some ROH house shows can be really great! Castle vs Lethal being a main event on a PPV makes me REALLY miss Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly. Delirious booking has finally worn all the way thin. I don't care about Scurll vs Martinez despite liking both guys a lot because WHO CARES about that match?

They usually do something like throw a top NJPW name on there to make SURE of a good draw. Could still happen with Liger I guess. But, to me, they are really depending on Vegas to show up to this one. I can't remember a worse card for a Vegas show. I don't see California making the drive for this one.

So all you guys out there always saying "why Vegas"... I think you're right this time. They SHOULD stop booking in Vegas. With crap like this.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Unless that Cody/Taven match is No-DQ that match is going to blow so hard.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i like the card...can be a great ppv.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Hopefully Jay Lethal wins the title back here. The ROH World Title hasn't felt very important since he lost it.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Give Dalton a run dude. looks like on TV that they are building towards Dalton vs Scurll for the title at SCOH.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I think the card is okay. I think it will be one of those shows with six or seven "good" 12-14 minute matches with nothing standing out unless Sabin, Shelley & the Briscoes really turn back the clock and go crazy.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

maxx_powerz wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:26 pm I think the card is okay. I think it will be one of those shows with six or seven "good" 12-14 minute matches with nothing standing out unless Sabin, Shelley & the Briscoes really turn back the clock and go crazy.
If anyone is going to drag a good match out of the MCMG'S at this point it's The Briscoes. Sabin and Shelley have had a lackluster title reign thus far. Their matches have been uninspiring. Is it the tag team division overall? I don't know. I figured Delirious would jump at the chance to showcase Best Friends (a face team that could really get over), but he just has them losing. I can't believe it but a run with The Briscoes as champs might be the only saving grace for the tag team division right now.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:17 pm Unless that Cody/Taven match is No-DQ that match is going to blow so hard.
Yeah, their match on TV sucked. Cody sold too long for Taven, which is not the way to have a good match with him.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm
maxx_powerz wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:26 pm I think the card is okay. I think it will be one of those shows with six or seven "good" 12-14 minute matches with nothing standing out unless Sabin, Shelley & the Briscoes really turn back the clock and go crazy.
If anyone is going to drag a good match out of the MCMG'S at this point it's The Briscoes. Sabin and Shelley have had a lackluster title reign thus far. Their matches have been uninspiring. Is it the tag team division overall? I don't know. I figured Delirious would jump at the chance to showcase Best Friends (a face team that could really get over), but he just has them losing. I can't believe it but a run with The Briscoes as champs might be the only saving grace for the tag team division right now.
Agreed. Personally I'd have had Best Friends win the belts at Final Battle because, quite honestly, the Best Friends are much, much better than the Guns right now in terms of match quality, and they're really, really over. Moreso than the Guns right now. The Briscoes pummeling the shit out of Chuck and Trent for the belts would have made them bigger heels than beating the Guns. But that's just my two cents
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:05 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:58 pm
Agreed. Personally I'd have had Best Friends win the belts at Final Battle because, quite honestly, the Best Friends are much, much better than the Guns right now in terms of match quality, and they're really, really over. Moreso than the Guns right now. The Briscoes pummeling the shit out of Chuck and Trent for the belts would have made them bigger heels than beating the Guns. But that's just my two cents
I totally agree, man. What an effective segment that would be. The Briscoes are more than capable of getting that kind of heat. It would certainly be more interesting than anything going on in the tag team division right now.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I really don't agree. The build-up to all of these matches, if you watch TV, make sense. I don't understand what people want out of these matches, everything announced with, what? Three weekends worth of TV left, make sense by story. ROH has done a lot worse.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:54 pm I really don't agree. The build-up to all of these matches, if you watch TV, make sense. I don't understand what people want out of these matches, everything announced with, what? Three weekends worth of TV left, make sense by story. ROH has done a lot worse.
I watch the TV show and generally like it. I'm talking about the long term booking of the tag team division not just the PPV build. I'm curious what you think is being done right with the booking of the tag team division.