Why was Ciampa never as interesting in ROH...

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Why was Ciampa never as interesting in ROH...

Post by supersonic »

As he has been in WWE?
maxx_powerz

Re: Why was Ciampa never as interesting in ROH...

Post by maxx_powerz »

It's easy to blame booking, but he's also had the benefit of working 100% with or against Gargano, who is one of the best babyfaces in the world, so once he moves on to something different he's still going to have to show his current form is the new standard imo.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Inconsistent booking. Face/heel turns every 6 months killed any momentum he ever had. I think the Gargano perspective is interesting analysis. That should be interesting to see play out in the future.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

His initial run with the embassy was good. After he left that group it just always felt like something was missing. I mean when he wrestled it didn't fit the character.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I thought he got pretty interesting once he snapped. There was a storyline there that could have been going somewhere, although I guess the fact that hit hadn't really advanced in three months between Final Battle and Ciampa leaving is a sign that it probably would have turned to be another go-nowhere Delirious angle.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

He's involved in an angle with arguably the best babyface in WWE right now, not only NXT. He's to me never has been as good as some would lead you to believe and I'd be more interested in what he'll do post his Gargano feud than during it. Ciampa was a good worker and had an alright character - his promos were actually his best trait IMO, I fondly recall the one where he came back from injury, cut a crazy intense promo, walked out of the screen, walked back in and said, "AND BY THE WAY, QT MARSHALL, YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD!", and walked back out again - but he's currently experiencing a good, simple feud with someone who is a believable white meat babyface.

I don't think it's so much Ciampa that is interesting as it is Gargano and by relation, Ciampa.