ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by BurningHammer »

dhads7161 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:00 pm Got to meet Alex and Burninghammer this year. Meeting with Alex was unfortunately very brief just a hello and a handshake. BurningHammer I actually hung out with on Friday. Walked around Manhattan together and went to Brooklyn and headed to Bloodsport together from there. Nice dude.
It was great to meet you man, hopefully the next time wont be so hectic and my mind here there and everywhere like it felt like it was.
supersonic

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by supersonic »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:41 am There aren't that many New Japan guys on the show, FYI. 12 at most, and its the usuals with potentially Minoru back. So Kazu, Tana, Naito, BUSHI, EVIL, Sanada, Minoru, Ospreay, ZSJ, BC and a couple others.

This is very much a Ring of Honor show in every sense.
The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:13 pm ROH won't be effected if they didn't close out this show, but their gonna. It's a co-promoted show by marketing only. In reality, this is a Ring of Honor show, produced by Ring of Honor, booked by Ring of Honor and sold by Ring of Honor. New Japan will obviously be a big feature, but this show isn't going to be about them, it's going to be about ROH.
The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:01 pm I'd say there are two of those matches that have a chance of happening.

I am going to laugh relentlessly any time anyone posts these fantasy card and has a New Japan match headlining.

There is not a chance in hell, in fucking hell, a New Japan standalone match will main event this show.

It's an ROH show, ROH will put the spotlight where it matters which is ROH. I'd even be surprised if they do a ROH vs. NJPW main event, but at least that might happen.
The Dragon Saga wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:32 pm They should hog the spotlight. Ultimately it's their show that they booked.

They'll do the same thing they almost always do, mostly ROH standalone matches, one or maybe two tag or six man inter-promotional matches, a big inter-promotional singles match, one - two tops - NJPW standalone match and then either n ROH standalone main event or an ROH vs. NJPW main event.

If they do that main event the ROH guy will have to come out on top. This show isn't about NJPW. This is one of the times it's about ROH. Their show, their record, their moment, New Japan has so far been playing a back seat in everything and I have no fear in guaranteeing they will do so throughout the build to this show.
Yeah.