ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by famicommander »

Everyone burn something down on your way home and we'll try society again tomorrow
AnHonorableMention

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Dragon Gate wrestlers never had visas to begin with, dating back to working Ring of Honor. This should not shock you and in fact I joked about it being a possibility on this week's episode.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the revised US v. World show

4 of currently 9 planned matches for the Supershow

maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

ZSJ versus Strickland should be good. Not as into Tanaka versus Kingston but it'll probably be fine. Not expecting Kenny, Cody, the Bucks or Page, but hopefully SCU means Chuck & Trent will be on the card.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Dammit, SCU vs. Lucha Bros & Liger needs to be a match.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

First match announced for Stardom's show.

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Those traveling, be prepared. I’ll have pollen forecast for the rest of the weekend in a few days.

Natural, cruelty-free allergy relief - https://vegnews.com/2018/6/9-tips-for-n ... rgy-relief

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2019/ ... a-preview/
Voices of Wrestling’s annual WrestleMania Weekend tradition continues with a multi-part series previewing each and every pro wrestling show taking place WrestleMania Weekend 2019. Listen as VOW contributors discuss the major shows happening in New York City and the surrounding area, what their plans are for the weekend and much more.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

These are all still available, if anyone was wondering. Feel free to comment if interested, and I'll send you a DM.
DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:36 am This might be a little off topic for this thread, but if anyone is looking for single tickets to either the WrestleCon SuperShow on Thursday (which is just about sold out, as I understand it), Kaiju Big Battel, or the WWN SuperShow on Friday, I have a single ticket available for each. WrestleCon has Bandido vs. Will Ospreay, while the WWN SuperShow features talents from wXw & DDT.

Reply if you're interested, then we can carry our conversations to the DM's.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Full lineup posted in OP. I waited to see if ROH would give backstory info for the matches that are completely outside ROH storylines, which apparently isn't gonna happen.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

[Translated by Chris Charlton] "Mention my name, as soon as it looks like I might answer, a whole different match gets booked. You figured if you didn’t say my name nobody would give a shit about your match so just put it out there huh? What a way to treat the fans. Don’t play me for a fool, A.mer.i.can.."

They...can't be doing this if the match isn't changing to Suzuki vs Bully can they?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

STARDOM has released the following lineup for its debut event in NYC this Friday 4/5

Wonder of STARDOM Champion Momo Watanabe vs. Utami Hayashishita.

Utami has vowed to win all of the belts in STARDOM this year. She’s currently one half of the tag team champions, Future of STARDOM Champion, SWA Champion, and Pro Wrestling:EVE International Champion.

High Speed Champion Hazuki vs. Dust

3-Way Tag Team Match: Bea Priestley and Konami vs. Britt Baker and Brittany Blake vs. Hana Kimura and Bobbi Tyler

Elimination Match: Session Moth Martina, Kagetsu, Jamie Hayter, and Andras Miyagi vs. Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano, Saki Kashima, and Arisa Hoshiki

Jungle Kyona and Natsuko Tora vs. Sonya Strong and Violette (regulars in the Women’s Wrestling Revolution promotion)
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm STARDOM has released the following lineup for its debut event in NYC this Friday 4/5

Wonder of STARDOM Champion Momo Watanabe vs. Utami Hayashishita.

Utami has vowed to win all of the belts in STARDOM this year. She’s currently one half of the tag team champions, Future of STARDOM Champion, SWA Champion, and Pro Wrestling:EVE International Champion.

High Speed Champion Hazuki vs. Dust

3-Way Tag Team Match: Bea Priestley and Konami vs. Britt Baker and Brittany Blake vs. Hana Kimura and Bobbi Tyler

Elimination Match: Session Moth Martina, Kagetsu, Jamie Hayter, and Andras Miyagi vs. Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano, Saki Kashima, and Arisa Hoshiki

Jungle Kyona and Natsuko Tora vs. Sonya Strong and Violette (regulars in the Women’s Wrestling Revolution promotion)
Stardom bringing their A game for this show.

Not familiar with Violette but I hope Blake & Strong put in a good showing.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Please share if MetLife Stadium runs out on concessions and toiletries. The Superdome and Chase Field both did.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

supersonic wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:39 am Please share if MetLife Stadium runs out on concessions and toiletries. The Superdome and Chase Field both did.
I'll check and see.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Got to meet Alex and Burninghammer this year. Meeting with Alex was unfortunately very brief just a hello and a handshake. BurningHammer I actually hung out with on Friday. Walked around Manhattan together and went to Brooklyn and headed to Bloodsport together from there. Nice dude.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dhads7161 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:00 pm Got to meet Alex and Burninghammer this year. Meeting with Alex was unfortunately very brief just a hello and a handshake. BurningHammer I actually hung out with on Friday. Walked around Manhattan together and went to Brooklyn and headed to Bloodsport together from there. Nice dude.
It was cool to meet you man but yeah, I was a little busy with all the shows going on and on Saturday I was pretty wasted, tbh, hahaha. Hope we can hang out properly some time soon.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Well after a crazy week and some days of rest in Barcelona, I'm gonna write how I saw G1 Supercard live. Every comment is related from what I saw live in the building, because when I go to a wrestling show live I don't like to rewatch it on VOD.

The Garden looked f'n awesome and it was packed. I was afraid bc all of the tickets that were on resale, but the house ended up being almost full, so that was a great surprise for me.

From my section, 118, everything looked good and the crowd was super invested in everything, so that helped a lot to build a "big event" feel in the air. For me, not being WWE fan, this was like my WrestleMania, and it was really worth the trip from Spain.

The pre-show was fine with the WOH trios match and the Honor Rumble. Pretty entertaining match with the right guy winning. I like King and a Liger or Muta victory wouldn't have made sense, since the winner of the match got a ROH World title match.

I loved the opener and though that, if that was only the first match, the show was gonna be the best thing ever hahah. Loved the booking of Dalton vs Rush, with the mexican looking super strong and Castle having to turn heel. It felt really fresh. I hope that Rush challenges for the world title between september-december, bc I want him as champ and Im pretty sure that if the faces Taven in June, Taven isn't gonna lose. Rush really look and feel like a BIG STAR.

From here, the undercard was entertaining. Matches were OK to GOOD, but some of the post match segments were really awful. The WOH match was OKAY, but that Beautiful People segment... urgh, felt too long. I dont like the stable, but at least they are doing something with this division.

Then you got the Mega Ran segment, urghhh, why did they do that? he already sang at Festival of Honor and 17th Anniversary, that also felt loong. At least the next match was entertaining, with the return of Flip Gordon (OMG what a moment) and the Street Fight becoming a 6 Man Tag. I reallly loved to see Silas, Taylor and Lifeblood getting matches on the main show, rather than a spot on the HR.

From here, I really loved every match on the card. My only complain is that when thing started to pick up, with the 3 Way Jr match and the crazy tag match, they did the fn stupid Enzo and Cass segment. MY GOD. I first felt bad for ROH bc I thought it was real and couldnt believe that Enzo wanted to ruin such an special night, then when I realized it was a worked shoot... Man, I really really felt bad inside of me. It was like, I've been a long time die hard ROH fan, I was loving all the work they were doing this 2019, I did all the long trip from Spain and then what they gave me was a stupid worked shot with ENZO and CASS right before the beginning of the last 4 big matches. I felt empity and had to go to the toilet to drink some water, I mean, that moment really killed my hype, even for a Tanahashi big singles match with ZSJ.

The good part is that that feel only lasted 1 match and I was super excited for the last 3 matches again. Loved that last part. Each match was amazing in his own form. Both NJ main events were awesome, as well as the Ladder match. Crowd was electric during all the match with Taven getting a masive nuclear heel heat. It was a really cool moment to see Taven's big victory and I ended up cheering for him.

Overall, a great show, I liked it more than WK and for me was show of the weeked. I've read a lot of coments about ROH being horrible that night, I couldnt agree less. I mean, NJPW had the two top singles matches, but you know, ROH did the undercard and midcard for the most part, so you knew they werent going to give you the great wrestling matches they use to do on PPV. Plus, 2 of their top belts (TV and Tag) were on interpromotional matches, so if you ask me that would count as a ROH match.

The TV-NEVER and Tag Titles matches were great. Rush-Castle was a great segment. The Street Fight was fun and made a lot of sense from a storyline perspective. The Ladder Match was EPIC and a trully special moment after all these months of build for Taven's coronation. The only "meh" match was the WOH one, and the worst part of the show was the shoot, pure garbage, but it only lasted like 2 minutes; so yeah, i don't know why people are saying that ROH involment on the show was AWFUL. Most of the people that say this are no regular ROH fans, so they don't understand at all storylines like Castle's spiral of loses, Lifeblood/Flip vs. Bully or Taven's road to glory.

Overall, a great show that would have been the best talked show of the year if it wasn't for the f'n Enzo and Cass thing, which I blame ROH for booking that shitty segment on the fn MADISON SQUARE GARDEN.

WOH 6 Man Tag ✯✯1/2
Honor Rumble ✯✯✯1/4

Cobb vs. Ospreay ✯✯✯✯
Rush vs. Castle NR/Great segment
WOH Title ✯✯3/4
Street Fight ✯✯✯1/4+
3 Way Jr Title ✯✯✯✯
Tag Titles Winner Take All ✯✯✯3/4+
ZSJ vs. Tana ✯✯✯3/4
Naito vs. Ibushi ✯✯✯✯3/4
Ladder 3 Way ✯✯✯✯1/4
Okada vs. White ✯✯✯✯1/2+