ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by dhads7161 »

christopherclinton55 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:35 pm I can't believe we missed out on seeing Lethal vs Okada or Lethal vs Tanahashi at MSG. It would have been the perfect time for the Match as well.
How do we know we've missed out? Could end up happening still.
christopherclinton55

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by christopherclinton55 »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:28 am
christopherclinton55 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:35 pm I can't believe we missed out on seeing Lethal vs Okada or Lethal vs Tanahashi at MSG. It would have been the perfect time for the Match as well.
How do we know we've missed out? Could end up happening still.
Who knows maybe but the chances are very slim. Lethal vs Marty or Lethal vs Taven seems to be the plan judging from Road to MSG matches and television
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Has anyone heard anything about the Japanese talent for wrestlemania weekend in NJPW, DDT, and Stardom having their Visa applications get delayed? I'd understand DDT and Stardom having trouble since they aren't over here regularly. But New Japan talent shouldn't have a problem, right?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

well...they have issues to the NJPW The New Beginning USA

hope they can fix the problem for g1 supercard.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

With the government shutdown it's not looking good... I'd be so bummed out
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I guess it will depend how long it usually takes ROH to handle this issue, I can't believe ROH would leave it so late to book talent for such a big show. It may well that the talent wont be able to be booked for other events and just be cleared for ROH as it could all come down to sinclair having a word to people in power.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

From what I understand, visas can take months to get processed. And imagine what the queue is now for whenever federal agencies open back up. The shutdown has the potential to be really messy for Wrestlemania weekend.

(And if you're reading this outside of the States, yep, things suck super bad right now and for the worst reasons.)
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

How long do work visa's last?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am I guess it will depend how long it usually takes ROH to handle this issue, I can't believe ROH would leave it so late to book talent for such a big show. It may well that the talent wont be able to be booked for other events and just be cleared for ROH as it could all come down to sinclair having a word to people in power.
This. I can't imagine that they booked the garden show without two or three big matches already in mind and would have been working on getting visas for at least those guys. I'd expect Naito, Okada, Tanahashi, Ibushi, White, and maybe Ishii to have no problems coming in.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Okada, Naito and Tanahashi's visa are all fine, from what I know.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:59 am How long do work visa's last?
In most cases 1 year.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Trump: "I am very proud to announce today that we have reached a deal to end the shutdown and reopen the federal government."
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Would love to see Bandido vs. Dragon Lee at Supercard.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Not sure if I should ask this in this thread but Idk where else to ask. Is there anywhere to find secondary market tickets for either of Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 shows? Can't seem to find any on stubhub or anywhere? Is everyone actually hanging on to their tickets?
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Mike Adamle wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:40 am Not sure if I should ask this in this thread but Idk where else to ask. Is there anywhere to find secondary market tickets for either of Joey Janela's Spring Break 3 shows? Can't seem to find any on stubhub or anywhere? Is everyone actually hanging on to their tickets?
I was able to get tickets for both nights when they were on sale, but some friends got them after. My advice would be to look on Twitter if anybody is looking to sell theirs or trying to ask GCW/Brett Lauderdale if they know if anybody is reselling tickets.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:22 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:00 am I guess it will depend how long it usually takes ROH to handle this issue, I can't believe ROH would leave it so late to book talent for such a big show. It may well that the talent wont be able to be booked for other events and just be cleared for ROH as it could all come down to sinclair having a word to people in power.
This. I can't imagine that they booked the garden show without two or three big matches already in mind and would have been working on getting visas for at least those guys. I'd expect Naito, Okada, Tanahashi, Ibushi, White, and maybe Ishii to have no problems coming in.
Yeah same, it just doesn't seem possible they wouldn't, honestly I'm kind of glad they aren't because when they show up to MSG it will actually mean more. I'm not sure about Ibushi I think he will be AEW bound in the end but yeah all those quys will certainly be there I'm sure.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Just got myself and my brother some front row tickets to go see MLW on Thursday night before Mania. I haven't seen Teddy Hart live since Final Battle 2009. Also Pentagon Jr. vs. LA Park.

Wanted to get tickets to Battle Riot II the next night but NXT takes priority.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: