ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by dhads7161 »

Give me Dalton vs. Omega or Ibushi somewhere on the card.
The Dragon Saga

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I think It'd be stupid if they put a big multi man match in the main event personally.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Mike Adamle wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:26 pm Since I just got great tickets let me bust out a little card I'm hoping looks something like what I see live.

Main Event- IWGP Heavyweight Title Match- Kenny Omega (C) vs. Kazuchika Okada

#1 Contender For IWGP Heavyweight Title Match- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii

ROH World Title Match- Jay Lethal (C) vs. Rush

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match- Cody Rhodes (C) vs. Flip Gordon

IWGP & ROH World Tag Team Title 4-Way Ladder Match- The Young Bucks (C) vs. The Briscoes vs. EVIL & SANADA vs. Best Friends

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match- Chris Jericho (C) vs. Dalton Castle

IWGP United States Title Match- Juice Robinson (C) vs. Minoru Suzuki

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match- KUSHIDA (C) vs. Will Ospreay

ROH World TV Title Match- Punishment Martinez (C) vs. Marty Scurll

Hiromu Takahashi Return Match- Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee

6 Man Tag Match- CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Jay White, & Toru Yano) vs. SCU (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, & Scorpio Sky)

6 Man Tag Match- The Kingdom vs. Team CMLL (Negro Casas, Ultimo Guerrero, & Volador Jr.)

I can't think of what I'd do with Naito or Ibushi but right now that's what I'd hope for for this card but just going through the rosters for both of these companies... holy shit I hope this is more New Japan than ROH
If you want more NJPW you should go to one of the NJPW shows on the west coast haha
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I think Scurll taking the belt off Lethal in the main and some "first time in the US match" between NJPW main event guys (any combination of Okada, Omega, Tanahashi, Naito or Ibushi would probably work) as the co-main event would be good enough.to leave everyone satisfied as far as ROH fans versus NJPW fans in the crowd. The show is already sold out, so while I do think they need to put on good enough of a show so that the fans leave happy, they can probably book this more like the Cow Palace show than a Tokyo Dome show.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

My three cards.
Each formatted the same but with different match combinations
Card 1
-Main Event-10 Man Tag-The Elite (Omega, Bucks, Page, Scurll vs. Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, Lethal, Castle, Robinson
-IWGP U.S. Championship-Cody (c) vs. Okada
-Jericho vs. Daniels
-ROH World Championship-Taven (c) vs. Ibushi
-ROH World Television Championship-Martinez (c) vs. Jay White
-Briscoes vs. Suzuki & ZSJ
-IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship-Ospreay vs. Flip
-WOH Match
-LIJ (Naito, EVIL, SANADA) vs. Bully & G.O.D.
-Dark/Pre-Show-SCU vs. Silas & Bruiser vs. Liger & Burger vs. Best Friends

Card 2
-Main Event-12 Man Tag-The Elite (Omega, Ibushi, Bucks, Page, Scurll) vs. CHAOS (Okada, Ospreay, Roppongi 3K, Ishii)
-IWGP U.S. Championship-Cody (c) vs. Tanahashi
-Jericho vs. Daniels
-ROH World Championship-Lethal (c) vs. White
-ROH World Television Championship-Martinez (c) vs. Robinson
-Briscoes vs. Suzuki & ZSJ
-IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship-KUSHIDA (c) vs. Flip
-WOH Match
-LIJ vs. The Kingdom
-Dark/Pre-Show-SCU vs. Silas & Bruiser vs. Liger & Burger vs. Best Friends

Card 3
-Main Event-10 Man Tag-The Elite (Omega, Ibushi, Bucks, Scurll) vs. Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, Lethal, Castle, Robinson
-IWGP U.S. Championship-Cody (c) vs. Jericho
-IWGP Intercontinental Championship-Naito (c) vs. Daniels
-Martinez vs. Okada
-ROH World Championship-Taven (c) vs. Page
-IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship-Four Corner Survival-Ospreay (c) vs. Flip vs. Sabin vs. Gresham
-Briscoes vs. EVIL & SANADA
-WOH Match
-R3K & Ishii vs. Bully & G.O.D.
-Pre-Show/Dark-SCU vs. Silas & Bruiser vs. Burger & Liger vs. Best Friends
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Imagine doing a co-promoted show with New Japan in fucking MSG and putting on having the balls to throw Cheeseburger on the card of have a WOH match. What a terrible time to be an ROH fan.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Mike Adamle wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:22 pm Imagine doing a co-promoted show with New Japan in fucking MSG and putting on having the balls to throw Cheeseburger on the card of have a WOH match. What a terrible time to be an ROH fan.
Burger on the pre-show. Depends on the WOH match really.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Is this in place of JJSB? Surely not. Or is GCW having their own fest type thing?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Yes, please. This or Jericho vs. Cody.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Can't believe no one has announced running the Hammerstein anytime Mania weekend yet. Was hoping to go to the Hammerstein Friday, MSG Saturday, and Met Life Sunday. Would be cool. Maybe Evolve can get it booked.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Mike Adamle wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:43 am Can't believe no one has announced running the Hammerstein anytime Mania weekend yet. Was hoping to go to the Hammerstein Friday, MSG Saturday, and Met Life Sunday. Would be cool. Maybe Evolve can get it booked.
Evolve is running La Boom in Queens for Thursday-Friday and then on Broolyn on Saturday. EVOLVE can't afford the Hammerstein fee.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Oh shit.

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Oh fuck. I wanted to do the FCPxDestiny show but this looks great. Hope, btw, that Suzuki is booked for other shows during the weekend.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Ishii announced for the RevPro show on WrestleCon. Should be in the Garden too.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe- ... eek-271426
WWE has switched up a couple of dates on its schedule for WrestleMania week 2019.

The company issued a statement today confirming that NXT TakeOver: New York will now be held on Friday, April 5, 2019 and the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 6, 2019: "WWE will be going back to its previous WrestleMania Week schedule with NXT TakeOver on Friday, April 5 and the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Saturday, April 6. We believe this better serves our fans.”

The change first became known when WWE sent out emails about it today to those who have purchased WrestleMania travel packages. Individual tickets for TakeOver and the Hall of Fame ceremony have yet to go on sale.

Both TakeOver: New York and the Hall of Fame ceremony will be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The post-WrestleMania episodes of Raw and SmackDown will also take place at the Barclays Center in the days after MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey hosts WrestleMania 35 on Sunday, April 7, 2019.

The change means that the Hall of Fame ceremony (instead of TakeOver) will be going head-to-head with ROH and NJPW's G1 Supercard at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

@we_are_stardom

New York City here we come!
April 5, 2019 4:00 PM
NYC Arena, Queens

Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Christmas Day!
00:00 Midnight EST USA
14:00 Japan Standard Time
23:00 Christmas Eve, Central Time USA
21:00 Christmas Eve, West Coast USA

Ticket link coming later tonight!