ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by dhads7161 »

WWE signs Janela and WWN loses their biggest drawing card of the week.
supersonic

Re: ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by supersonic »

Solomonster’s main event pitch:

Omega vs. Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight Title
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

ROH title should main event. This is basically Supercard of Honor.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

This is both an ROH and NJPW event. ROH is not buried by not closing the card. NJPW is the bigger draw. It also wouldn’t do any favors for the bigger match to happen before the ROH Title Match, unless the challenger of course is Jericho or Tanahashi. Revisit SCOH12 as all the evidence you need. In addition, ROH wasn’t buried by the DG main events in the late 2000s. The world title was still viewed with reverence and legitimacy.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

NewJapanCup Winner vs. Champ will be done at TOKYO.
How NewJapan maineventing SUPERCARD by titlematch?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

ROH did announce the Global Wars tours dates and the announcement hinted that Global Wars would have implications on G1 Supercard.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Just got my tickets for the WrestleCon Supershow, Balcony row 2.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

ROH won't be effected if they didn't close out this show, but their gonna. It's a co-promoted show by marketing only. In reality, this is a Ring of Honor show, produced by Ring of Honor, booked by Ring of Honor and sold by Ring of Honor. New Japan will obviously be a big feature, but this show isn't going to be about them, it's going to be about ROH.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I’m sure I’ve already mentioned this, but I hope AXS TV picks this up and airs it live
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

TYFDK wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:34 am I’m sure I’ve already mentioned this, but I hope AXS TV picks this up and airs it live
No. No. No. AXS TV and Mark Cuban should stay away as much as possible from both ROH and NJ.

Cuban wants to do everything on is way even if he doesn't know how to run things. He's trying to get power in the US with NJ but Bushiroad is staying away from him.

Plus, his production team SUCKS. They dont even watch wrestling, just look at their work on recent NJPW shows on the US.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Yeah, screw JR and Barnett calling any ROH shows.

Or any more shows in general. They make Riccaboni sound like prime Joey Styles.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:10 am Yeah, screw JR and Barnett calling any ROH shows.

Or any more shows in general. They make Riccaboni sound like prime Joey Styles.
Hahaha, Ian Riccaboni is a pretty good PBP. Hope we get Ian-Kelly-Cabana for G1 Supercard. I loved their work on Ian's first big PPV, a little before Kelly left ROH, the 15th Anniversary.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
WaleMania, which had been announced for April 4 in the New York area is very much in question. Court Bauer, who has produced the shows with Wale, said it’s not dead, but it’s more uncertain with WWE looking at working with Wale. Wale did commentary on parts of 205 Live on 8/14, and while that was all the two sides had agreed to, obviously a deal would preclude him doing an independent event Mania week. Wale has talked for years about either wanting an involvement with WWE, or to do his own wrestling company. Right now the plan is to use that date at the Melrose Theater for a TV taping
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Shout out to me for getting 2nd row tickets to this show just now right by the stage
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Since I just got great tickets let me bust out a little card I'm hoping looks something like what I see live.

Main Event- IWGP Heavyweight Title Match- Kenny Omega (C) vs. Kazuchika Okada

#1 Contender For IWGP Heavyweight Title Match- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii

ROH World Title Match- Jay Lethal (C) vs. Rush

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match- Cody Rhodes (C) vs. Flip Gordon

IWGP & ROH World Tag Team Title 4-Way Ladder Match- The Young Bucks (C) vs. The Briscoes vs. EVIL & SANADA vs. Best Friends

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match- Chris Jericho (C) vs. Dalton Castle

IWGP United States Title Match- Juice Robinson (C) vs. Minoru Suzuki

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match- KUSHIDA (C) vs. Will Ospreay

ROH World TV Title Match- Punishment Martinez (C) vs. Marty Scurll

Hiromu Takahashi Return Match- Hiromu Takahashi vs. Dragon Lee

6 Man Tag Match- CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Jay White, & Toru Yano) vs. SCU (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, & Scorpio Sky)

6 Man Tag Match- The Kingdom vs. Team CMLL (Negro Casas, Ultimo Guerrero, & Volador Jr.)

I can't think of what I'd do with Naito or Ibushi but right now that's what I'd hope for for this card but just going through the rosters for both of these companies... holy shit I hope this is more New Japan than ROH
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
The Dragon Saga

I'd say there are two of those matches that have a chance of happening.

I am going to laugh relentlessly any time anyone posts these fantasy card and has a New Japan match headlining.

There is not a chance in hell, in fucking hell, a New Japan standalone match will main event this show.

It's an ROH show, ROH will put the spotlight where it matters which is ROH. I'd even be surprised if they do a ROH vs. NJPW main event, but at least that might happen.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

If they have Jay Lethal vs. Okada, Tanahashi, or Omega then that is worthy of a main event. Lethal vs. Rush is also main event worthy but with my card there's no way you could have that go after either of the last two matches. I think ROH realizes what this show is and won't try to throw a Lethal-Castle match after a big New Japan match.

This is a sell out in MSG. I'm expecting the same type of feel for the show that I had for the first War of the Worlds in NYC where I was excited for almost every match. If ROH tries to hog the spotlight I'll be selling my tickets and going to NXT.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
The Dragon Saga

They should hog the spotlight. Ultimately it's their show that they booked.

They'll do the same thing they almost always do, mostly ROH standalone matches, one or maybe two tag or six man inter-promotional matches, a big inter-promotional singles match, one - two tops - NJPW standalone match and then either n ROH standalone main event or an ROH vs. NJPW main event.

If they do that main event the ROH guy will have to come out on top. This show isn't about NJPW. This is one of the times it's about ROH. Their show, their record, their moment, New Japan has so far been playing a back seat in everything and I have no fear in guaranteeing they will do so throughout the build to this show.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I could see a tag match that makes both sides happy main eventing to be honest. Elite vs. CHAOS or a combined team of babyfaces from ROH/NJPW (Lethal, Tanahashi, KUSHIDA, Liger, Castle, King, Sabin, Robinson, etc).