ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard @ MSG - Saturday 4/6/2019 (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Laviemarg

Re: Supercard of Honor XIII - NYC Metro Area (WM35 Weekend Info on Post 2)

Post by Laviemarg »

Koff stated on PWInsider that they've lost the Garden.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Guess Rutgers it will be next year. No way ROH is using Hammerstein for WM weekend next year after getting 6,000 in the door for this year a double shot wouldn't even match the numbers and they potentially would lose on merch sales due to a lot of fans being there for both days. Plus WWE pretty much owns the Prudential Center and Nassau Coliseum.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

"We had a deal with [Madison Square] Garden and they then told us they were backing out after communications from the WWE. We are not able to get any other dates in any kind of discussion. I'm expecting that our lawyers will be contacting all the parties involved and the best we can hope is that we can find a resolution, so we can bring the kind of energy and excitement that ROH and our partner New Japan to a bigger audience and to bigger arenas and to the fans of New York City. "-Joe Koff

Sounds like some typical WWE bullshit.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

typical WWE stuff...hope roh can find a great venue for mania weekend
Laviemarg

Post by Laviemarg »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:54 pm Guess Rutgers it will be next year. No way ROH is using Hammerstein for WM weekend next year after getting 6,000 in the door for this year a double shot wouldn't even match the numbers and they potentially would lose on merch sales due to a lot of fans being there for both days. Plus WWE pretty much owns the Prudential Center and Nassau Coliseum.
Rutgers is really too far out for most of the NYC market.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

I hope ROH sues!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Per WON, it looks like Sinclair has really gotten involved in this and it seems more like they have taken this as a slap in the face rather than ROH as their subsidiary. Obviously Koff isn't happy but it seems from the way Meltzer has worded everything that it's Sinclair's offices who really wanted the MSG show and they are the ones who are looking into potentially making this a legal issue.

Now if people want to ask if it is a legal issue or not, some people who claim to have legal backgrounds have noted it all depends on New York civil law. Apparently WWE aren't allowed to discourage either side while a contract is being drawn up from pulling out, so Sinclair my have legal ground to stand on.

On the opposite side, Sinclair owns over 40 FOX affiliates and Dave mentioned they may preempt Smackdown once it debuts next year with some "local" programming.
Laviemarg

Post by Laviemarg »

If available and ROH is still intent on 'going big', I would go for the Prudential Center in Newark. It is a direct train from Penn Station back and forth.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Laviemarg wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:36 am If available and ROH is still intent on 'going big', I would go for the Prudential Center in Newark. It is a direct train from Penn Station back and forth.
looking and their options for floor spacing and seating it doesn't like it will be enough to be really be a sign of 'going big'
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:53 pm
Laviemarg wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:36 am If available and ROH is still intent on 'going big', I would go for the Prudential Center in Newark. It is a direct train from Penn Station back and forth.
looking and their options for floor spacing and seating it doesn't like it will be enough to be really be a sign of 'going big'
I'm not sure what you are looking at as Prudential Center is a major arena that is only slightly smaller than MSG in seating capacity. It would be a huge step up from anywhere ROH has run. Now with that said, WWE runs that building too and I'm sure would pull the same move as they did with MSG if ROH tried to run there.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:50 am
I'm not sure what you are looking at as Prudential Center is a major arena that is only slightly smaller than MSG in seating capacity. It would be a huge step up from anywhere ROH has run. Now with that said, WWE runs that building too and I'm sure would pull the same move as they did with MSG if ROH tried to run there.
https://www.prucenter.com/rentals/arena-floor

I was just looking at the set ups available but i guess you can increase the compacity so there would be enough on the floor. My main concern is that there wouldn't be enough floor spacing as well as upper and lower seating but i guess i was wrong about my esitmates just going by there numbers.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I agree that this looks like the next best option.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I wonder if there's any way SBG could coax the Meadowlands Arena into opening the doora for a one off event. I know it's closed now but it has just as much history as MSG and shit would be right there near MetLife Stadium. The bravado and nerve to run SCOH in a shut down building just right by the WM stadium would be insane.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

dhads7161 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:25 am I wonder if there's any way SBG could coax the Meadowlands Arena into opening the doora for a one off event. I know it's closed now but it has just as much history as MSG and shit would be right there near MetLife Stadium. The bravado and nerve to run SCOH in a shut down building just right by the WM stadium would be insane.
The biggest downside is the lack of public transportation to this area. No train station. Only way in for anyone coming from New York is by car on the turnpike. If ROH were going to bus people in like they did for Lakeland that could work but I wouldn't want to pay the bridge or tunnel toll over state lines that many times.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:47 am

I was just looking at the set ups available but i guess you can increase the compacity so there would be enough on the floor. My main concern is that there wouldn't be enough floor spacing as well as upper and lower seating but i guess i was wrong about my esitmates just going by there numbers.
I didn't realize you were specifying floor seating. I'm sorry. For total seating it's about the same as MSG. When Raw was at the Prudential Center several years back (my last WWE live event) I believe there were 3-5 rows of floor seating.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ROH is reportedly considering the possibility of legal action after WWE was involved in Madison Square Garden cancelling their show at the venue. Yesterday’s episode of Wrestling Observer Radio reports that the company is “contemplating legal action” after a WWE official (not Vince McMahon) called MSG and told them to cancel the show. The report notes that “there’s a lot of unhappiness going around” about it.

The report adds that the Garden approached Ring of Honor and not the other way around. The site said that the Garden was looking for someone to run dates because WWE was not running enough in the arena.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Any word on if they're gonna screw with AAA too?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:47 am

I didn't realize you were specifying floor seating. I'm sorry. For total seating it's about the same as MSG. When Raw was at the Prudential Center several years back (my last WWE live event) I believe there were 3-5 rows of floor seating.
That's cool, even though i've been watching wrestling for over twnety years now, i'm still finding out alot about the many centres, buildings, venues and how it actually works in America, with there being so many and so different it's difficult to keep any idea of what they are like especially if they aren't ingraned in you.

Judging by the pic abouve and what you are saying it looks a great venue and ideal for what ROH wants, it would be a great step to got there for sure.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:01 pm Any word on if they're gonna screw with AAA too?
Oh I'm sure they'll try.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

NHL home games within a week of WrestleMania 35:

New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers - Monday 4/1 @ 7PM (Prudential Center in Newark)

New York Islanders vs. Toronto Maple Leafs - Monday 4/1 @ 7PM (Barclays Center in Brooklyn)

New York Rangers vs. Ottawa Senators - Wednesday 4/3 @ 7:30PM (Madison Square Garden)

New York Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets - Friday 4/5 @ 7PM (Madison Square Garden)