Official 'Honor Reigns Supreme 2018' Live Event Thread (2.9.18)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Official 'Honor Reigns Supreme 2018' Live Event Thread (2.9.18)

Post by TYFDK »

Taking this over from DX because I like doing it. If he wants to do it himself, I'll sell the rights back to him. But not for cheap, my friend. Not for cheap.

Show is called Honor Reigns Supreme for some godly reason. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Show was obviously originally taking place in Atlanta, but is now taking place in Concord. Card is the same, just location is different.

TIX: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0E005365BEC2285D

MATCHES

Bullet Club vs. The Kingdom
Spoiler: show
Matt Taven has always had a disdain for Bullet Club. It is no secret that he has called them, among other things, Melvins. But Taven’s actions have always matched his words, particularly recently as Taven is on one of the hottest streaks of his career with recent wins against Jay Lethal, Will Ospreay, Flip Gordon, and Jay White. In 2018, Taven has called out former World Champion Cody, hoping to add his name to a list of former World Champions that includes Lethal and Adam Cole of men he has defeated. But more importantly, Taven knows that any shot fired and landed on Bullet Club will turn heads all across the wrestling world.

For Cody’s part, he is coming off a loss at Final Battle but is trying to recapture his focus heading into 2018. Cody, who meets Taven one-on-one in Nashville, is not coming to his hometown Atlanta alone, enlisting “The Villain” Marty Scurll and Adam Page, two men he found chemistry with in a television bout against SoCal Uncensored. The trio heads to Atlanta to take on Taven and his two Kingdom members “The Best Around” TK O’Ryan and “The Horror King” Vinny Marseglia in a HUGE six-man tag team main event!

On paper, Taven, O’Ryan, and Marseglia have a big advantage. The trio were the inaugural ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions and were never pinned or submitted as champions. The trio still says they are the rightful holders of the Championships and that they have never received an official rematch for the titles they say they never lost due to what they call a Kingdom Conspiracy.

On the opposite side of the ring, Cody, Scurll, and Page look to build on the chemistry found in Philly where they teamed for the first time. All three are undoubtedly skilled singles stars but can they function as well as The Kingdom do as a trio? Also lurking in the background: the recent question marks that have developed around Bullet Club that surfaced at New Year Dash and on the popular web series Being the Elite.

Can The Kingdom pick up a huge six-man win in the main event of Honor Reigns Supreme and put themselves at the front of the pecking order for the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Titles or will Bullet Club, in Cody’s hometown, pick up the victory? Join us to find out!
So Cal Uncensored vs. Dalton Castle & The Boys
2017 was a banner year for Dalton Castle! At Best in the World 2017, Castle teamed with The Boys to capture his first ROH championship, the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Titles from the then-undefeated team of Bully Ray and the Briscoes. Castle then ended a months’ long quest for revenge against the then-World Champion Cody by defeating him for the Championship at Final Battle 2017!

But Castle enters 2018 with a major target on his back. Whether it is stars like the former champion Cody or Punishment Martinez, Jay Lethal, Matt Taven, Marty Scurll, Castle is a marked man. And the champion, whoever it may be, is definitely the target for SoCal Uncensored who are not afraid to go scorched earth with the time ticking on their contracts!

Will SoCal Uncensored pick up the win or do they have something more sinister in mind? And can Castle stave off SCU, leave North Carolina with his health in-tact, and put he and The Boys back on track to capture their second ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Titles? Join us to find out!
Best Friends vs. Young Bucks
The Young Bucks racked up championships upon championships in 2017, including their third ROH World Tag Team Titles at Supercard of Honor. And they were World Tag Team Champions when they agreed to team with Adam Page to take on Roppongi Vice and a mystery partner. Chuckie T. shocked the Bullet Club team, picking up a pinfall, impressing ROH management enough to get them a spot in a Triple Threat World Tag Team title match at Best in the World.

The two teams have been at war with one another, since, including doing battle in the main event in a six-man tag of Global Wars: Columbus and a six-man main event on ROH TV, but these two teams have never faced each other in a tag team, 2-on-2 match in ROH.

Until now!

Two of the most popular teams in Ring of Honor bring their storied history with them to Concord and will square off at Honor Reigns Supreme and this match is surely to have championship implications. While this is not officially a number one contender’s match, one would have to believe that the winner would put themselves in line for a shot at the ROH World Tag Team Titles! Will it be Best Friends or the Bucks who emerge victorious? Join us to find out!
Jonathan Gresham vs. Jay Lethal
Jay Lethal’s accomplishments speak for themselves. For two years, Lethal held either one or both of the ROH World and ROH World Television Championships. His successes have earned him the label of “The Franchise”, a man who has become so synonymous with ROH that you cannot think of The Best Wrestling on the Planet without thinking of Lethal.

Lethal spent much of 2017 locked in a brutal feud with current ROH World Television Champion Silas Young. Following their bout at Death Before Dishonor, Lethal looked to get back on track and did so with wins against Frankie Kazarian, Hiromu Takahashi, Jay White, Marty Scurll, and Will Ospreay. Heading into 2018, Lethal was the first to challenge new ROH World Champion Dalton Castle face-to-face, looking to stake his claim to a shot at becoming ROH World Champion for the second time!

But in between Lethal and Castle is a man who is one of the most accomplished wrestlers in the world under the age of 30, Jonathan Gresham! Gresham has used technical precision and a decade of experience in 14 countries and four continents to outwrestle and outsmart almost everyone he has been in the ring with. And after wins against Josh Woods, TK O’Ryan, and Vinny Marseglia, Gresham, who vowed on Coleman’s Pulpit to bring back a more Pure wrestling style, is taking his shot in the city he was born and became a pro wrestler in against his biggest challenge to date!

A win for Lethal against one of the best, young wrestlers in the world would bolster his case for a ROH World Title match. For Gresham, a win against Lethal would elevate his own status in the ROH World and Television Championship pictures! Who will win this first-time bout? Join us in Atlanta to find out!
Also Appearing:

- Motor City Machine Guns
- Silas Young
- The Briscoes
- Shane Taylor
- Punishment Martinez
- Kenny King
- Flip Gordon
- Cheeseburger
- Deonna Purrazzo
- Kelly Klein
- Mandy Leon
Last edited by TYFDK on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Indy Style

Re: Official 'Honor Reigns Supreme 2018' Live Event Thread (2.10.18)

Post by King of Indy Style »

If Gresham/Lethal gets a good amount if time it'll be a fantastic match.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

King of Indy Style wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:52 pm If Gresham/Lethal gets a good amount if time it'll be a fantastic match.
No doubt. It's probably telling that it's been over a year since Gresham was booked continually and ROH has still not shown many signs of investment in him. Regardless, I'm still holding hopes that he has a singles PPV match this year or, better yet, becomes a serious TV Title contender.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

It really bugs me that ROH themselves hasn't put a 2018 on the logo. It's another sign that the company views these shows as totally interchangeable and generic.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So this show is now taking place in Concord, North Carolina, while Atlanta is getting the TV tapings.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/import ... nta-events
bmcdonald

Re: Official 'Honor Reigns Supreme 2018' Live Event Thread (2.9.18)

Post by bmcdonald »

Is this considered a PPV and is there any way to watch it?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

bmcdonald wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:08 pm Is this considered a PPV and is there any way to watch it?
It's not considered PPV. Live events in ROH are somewhat akin to WWE house shows or NJPW Road To shows. Honor Reigns Supreme will be available on ROH's website via video-on-demand, probably two to three weeks after the event.

This is the list of shows that are considered PPV/iPPV: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_of_H ... uee_events
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Good card so far. Maybe this being a VOD show insted of a TV Taping helps the ticket sales.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

This should be great! Really loved their match on ROH TV last year:

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Honor Reigns Supreme will take place tomorrow night, Friday, February 9, from a packed Cabarrus Arena in North Carolina, USA. As Ring of Honor transitions to the new ROHWrestling.com and debuts the ROH App and the much anticipated HonorClub service, ROH wants to thank all fans from around the world with a LIVE and FREE stream of Honor Reigns Supreme!

To accommodate as many fans as possible, the live stream beginning at 7PM EST will be available at ROHWrestling.com, Facebook Live, and the FITE app.

The event will feature a six-man main event with BULLET CLUB (“The American Nightmare” Cody, “The Villain” Marty Scurll, and co-holder of the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship Adam Page vs. THE KINGDOM (Matt Taven, “The Best Around” TK O’Ryan, and “The Horror King” Vinny Marseglia).

ROH World Champion Dalton Castle, Co-Holders of the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship The Young Bucks, ROH World Television Champion “Pro Wrestling’s Last Real Man” Silas Young, and many more will all be competing live and for free!

Ring of Honor has always and will continue to put its focus on the fans of pro wrestling first. This live and free stream of Honor Reigns Supreme is guaranteed to provide pro wrestling at its best with moments meant to be experienced as they happen live!
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Thrilled to be able to watch this live tonight.

Had no plans for the evening and with the slow month of January, I hope this show gets some buzz for ROH.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big yo @bmcdonald! ROH's got your back tonight, looks like.

The free stream tonight is a killer idea, but they have the wrong main event and it's really close to the event date to announce this. I hope this still manages to grab as much attention as a service kickoff should.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Wilson wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:57 am Big yo @bmcdonald! ROH's got your back tonight, looks like.

The free stream tonight is a killer idea, but they have the wrong main event and it's really close to the event date to announce this. I hope this still manages to grab as much attention as a service kickoff should.
Eh, they're pushing Cody vs. Taven pretty hard on social media, so this should be fine.

Also, no Cheeseburger tonight as he has the flu.

ALSO, Deonna Purrazzo vs. Holidead in the Women of Honor Title Tournament is happening before the show tonight, and will be taped for YouTube and the TV show.

Not sure why they can't just have it air live on the stream, but whatever.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'll be watching tonight. How long do ROH shows normally go? The PPV's go 3 hours but a live event like this how long do they normally go?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

WebConn wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 am I'll be watching tonight. How long do ROH shows normally go? The PPV's go 3 hours but a live event like this how long do they normally go?
Probably around the same. Maybe 2 and a half.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

TYFDK wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:23 am
WebConn wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 am I'll be watching tonight. How long do ROH shows normally go? The PPV's go 3 hours but a live event like this how long do they normally go?
Tight I'll be able to swing that. There's a stage play of Fences in my area tonight that friends of mine are in that I knids have to go to. It's at 7:30 (west coast time). So if The ROH show starts at 4 and is over by 7 I'll make it. Be cutting it close but I'll make it.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

WebConn wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:12 am
TYFDK wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:23 am
Tight I'll be able to swing that. There's a stage play of Fences in my area tonight that friends of mine are in that I knids have to go to. It's at 7:30 (west coast time). So if The ROH show starts at 4 and is over by 7 I'll make it. Be cutting it close but I'll make it.
You should be fine. All the good stuff is in the middle of the card, anyway. Lethal/Gresham, Punishment/Flip, and Best Friends/Bucks could all be decent.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Crowd looks pretty good tonight!
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Opener was great. And I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Shane Taylor singles match as much as that one either. Good start to this show
Last edited by alexsmellzzz on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.