Which current WWE/NXT talent do you see returning to ROH first?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Which current WWE/NXT talent do you see returning to ROH first?

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

rovert1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:14 am People here have totally misread the Lars squash. That was Lio's write off before being renamed/repackaged.

I don't really see anyone returning. All the people who left ROH for NXT don't really regret and are used pretty well.
Relax man. This thread was created to gauge who missed seeing former ROH guys a year later.

As far as Rush goes, thanks for the clarity. Can't misread something if you don't know. I am not entrenched in behind the scenes plans like you. I'm just reacting to what I saw.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

King of Indy Style wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 pm Bennett is better off in WWE. His slow, boring style is better fit for WWE TV
He was more utilised in ROH than he has been in WWE. So you dig/point is a pretty terrible one.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I don't think his utilization necessarily has much to do with his style. From an in-ring perspective I agree entirely that he's a better fit for WWE than ROH or NJPW. Whether or not WWE chooses to use him is another issue.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I have your comments hidden for a reason Rovert. Please don't reply to me again.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

As you've this weird anti-WWE bias when Wrestling styles are more homogenised than ever.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

rovert1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:36 am As you've this weird anti-WWE bias when Wrestling styles are more homogenised than ever.
I would include presentation as well. So tired of in ring promos interrupted by another wrestler's cued up music when coming out to retort. Stupid as fuck, completely defies credibility, but hey, gotta get your money's worth for paying musicians because that's more important than believability.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The styles may be closer now but WWE's is still the most watered down version of it as compared to NJPW or ROH or Lucha Underground.

No blood or piledrivers (unless they arbitrarily allow it for their favorite guys), slowest pace, most non-finishes per match, dumbest gimmick matches (Elimination Chamber is awful), a good 30% of their TV shows are recaps and replays of what we literally just saw, worst commentary (Mauro can't save that whole company alone), etc. And then you have all of Vince's idiosyncrasies, like nobody being able to say "belt" or "wrestling" and literally the whole roster constantly being used as fodder to prop up 2 or 3 guys. A guy like Rhino getting his finisher taken away because it looks better when he does it than Roman Reigns is a perfect example. Even when Reigns doesn't have the belt and he's not even working a program with them, he still holds back other wrestlers.

It's harder to swallow nonsense like Strowman lifting a semi truck in WWE because they still try to present it like a sport in other ways. At least Lucha Underground does it all the way; it's these half measures that make it tough to watch. One second people say that guys like the Young Bucks or Ospreay have matches that look too "scripted" and on the other they watch a wrestling show where the wrestlers talk to the Muppets like they're sentient beings.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The more I have distanced myself form WWE programming something has stood out when I do dip back in. It feels like any big match follows the same formula. It is especially true for John Cena matches. They'll be back and forth in the beginning, eventually one side gains the advantage. This is usually the heel. Once the face makes his comeback it becomes a non-stop spamming of finishers and kickouts. But the spamming is slow. One finisher, kickout, long pause. Over and over until someone wins.

I'm sure they aren't all like this. I rarely tune in for one unless it's highly recommended.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

you just described every dolph ziggler match ever, except a good 30% of them are fuck finishes