ROHWorld Draft: 1st Edition

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

ROHWorld Draft: 1st Edition

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Since there's a pretty big gap of time between the first Pick 'Ems of 2018 (I will be able to update the final 2017 standings this weekend), I decided to put together this concept called the ROHWorld Drafts. It's inspired by the DKP Christmas Draft Podcast that drops every year on the WON/F4W Network. Myself, along with Big Red Machine, dhads7161, & Thomas Bobo came together and had a draft involving the all-time ROH roster, with the intent of putting together "dream cards" that will be shared below. Then, people can discuss the cards freely, and talk about which ones they think are the best. Now I used some criteria for the draft (which was conducted in a snaking order), with regards to the rosters. I split everyone into four categories:

- Regulars: This was the main category, and included wrestlers who had either won a championship in ROH, won a tournament in ROH, or had wrestled more than 50 matches for the company. We each selected 22 wrestlers from this category.
- Semi-Regulars: This was actually the smallest category. Essentially, this was for wrestlers who had more than 25 matches in ROH, but less than 50. Basically, they were in the company for an extended period, but didn't wrestle enough matches to be considers regulars (for the purposes of this draft). We each selected two wrestlers from this category.
- Special Guests: These were wrestlers who had less than 25 matches in ROH. Because there was a lot more wrestlers in this category, compared to the semi-regulars, we each selected four wrestlers from this category.
- Women's Wrestlers: Since ROH hasn't consistently promoted a women's division throughout it's history, I decided to make this category as lax as possible. Essentially, if they wrestled at least one match in ROH, then they could be drafted. We each selected four wrestlers from this category.
- Commentators: Each person was able to draft two people for the commentary team. With regards to color commentators, they could be drafted as long as you didn't have that wrestler on your card (for example, if you drafted Colt Cabana as a wrestler, you couldn't pick him as a commentator).
- Managers: These were considered add-on picks. Essentially, you could add a manager on to a wrestler pick, but only if the wrestler in question is someone who the manager actually managed (for example, Prince Nana can only be picked with someone from The Embassy).
- Venues/Stipulations: Any venue that hosted an ROH event was eligible. As for stipulations, while they weren't drafted, any stipulation that ROH used in the past could be used on a card, where necessary/appropriate.

Without further ado, here are the cards from the first-ever ROHWorld Draft!! Cards will be listed from bottom to top.

Thomas Bobo

Venue: Manhattan Center (Grand Ballroom) - New York City, New York
Commentators: Lenny Leonard & Nigel McGuinness

- Four-Corner Survival - Steve Corino vs. Xavier vs. Paul London vs. Spanky
- Pure Wrestling Rules Match - James Gibson vs. Jonathan Gresham
- Mixed Tag-Team Attraction Match - Cody & Brandi Rhodes vs. Homicide & Mercedes Martinez
- Tag Team Warfare - BJ Whitmer & Dan Maff vs. The Carnage Crew vs. The Embassy (Jimmy Rave & Sal Rinauro)
- Battle Of Female Aces - Sara Del Rey vs. Kelly Klein
- Insanity Six-Man Mayhem Match - Jack Evans vs. The Necro Butcher vs. CIMA vs. Jay White vs. Flip Gordon vs. Dragon Kid
- Dream Match - Kota Ibushi vs. Low Ki
- Main Event #1: Dream Tag Team Encounter - The Second City Saints (CM Punk & Colt Cabana) vs. The Young Bucks
- Main Event #2: Strong Style Revolution - "Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. Samoa Joe

dhads7161

Venue: Manhattan Center (Hammerstein Ballroom) - New York City, New York
Commentators: Kevin Kelly & Steve Corino

- Four-Corner Survival - The Beer City Bruiser vs. Kenny King vs. TK O'Ryan vs. Tomohiro Ishii
- CMLL/NJPW vs. Dragon Gate Tag Team Clash - Dragon Lee & KUSHIDA vs. Naruki Doi & SHINGO
- Who Is Truly The Last Real Man? - Adam Pearce vs. Silas Young
- Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin) vs. Matt Taven & Michael Bennett (with The Hoopla Hotties, Maria Kanellis, & "Brutal" Bob Evans)
- Triple Threat Match - Amazing Kong vs. Mia Yim vs. Mandy Leon
- Jimmy Jacobs vs. Hiromu Takahashi
* EVIL runs in when Jacobs gets a momentum swing. Lacey tries to make a save but the LIJ members are too much until Tyler Black appears. Then, the lights go out and the Broken Hardys are in the ring, leading to...
- Triple Threat Tag Team Match - The Age Of The Fall (Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black with Lacey) vs. The Broken Hardys vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & Hiromu Takahashi)
- Karl Anderson vs. Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini)
- ROH Legends vs. NJPW Legends - The Briscoes vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & The Great Muta
- One More Time - Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness

Big Red Machine

Show Name: Unprecedented
Venue: Liverpool Olympia - Liverpool, England
Commentators: Dave Prazak & Jared David

- 2002 Called And They Want Their First-Time Ever Dream Match Back - Jerry Lynn vs. Donovan Morgan
- Best Team vs. Dream Team - MelisChif (Cheerleader Melissa & MsChif) vs. Mickie James & LuFisto
- Fight Without Honor - Team CZW's Super Dragon vs. ROH's resident mercenary Rhino
- Davey Richards Sells His Soul For Revenge on reDRagon - Davey Richards & Erick Stevens (with Prince Nana) vs. reDRagon
- First-Time Ever Dream Match #2 - Battle Of High Flyers - ACH vs. Amazing Red vs. Matt Sydal vs. Will Ospreay
- Relaxed Rules, Because The History Means This One Is Going To Get Out Of Hand Quick! - Keith Lee & Punishment Martinez vs. War Machine
- First-Time Ever Dream Match #3 - Adam Cole vs. KENTA
- First-Time Ever Dream Match #4: Generations Collide! - The Backseat Boyz (Johnny Kashmere & Trent Acid) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
- The Epic Rematch! - Austin Aries vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
- First-Time Ever Dream Match #5 - Chris Hero (with Larry Sweeney) vs. Tetsuya Naito
- AJ Styles Finally Gets His Revenge! - "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs. Kenny Omega

DXvsNWO1994

Show Name: Epic Encounter IV
Venue: Frontier Fieldhouse - Chicago Ridge, Illinois
Commentators: Ian Riccaboni & Colt Cabana

- Batshit Crazy Six-Man Mayhem - “The Villain” Marty Scurll vs. Donovan Dijak vs. Naomichi Marufuji vs. Silver Ant vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Delirious
- Suffocation Rematch - Brent Albright vs. Christopher Daniels
- SHIMMER Showcase - Daizee Haze & Tomoka Nakagawa vs. Candice LeRae & Deonna Purrazzo
- Rising Stars Showcase - “The Hangman” Adam Page vs. Cedric Alexander
- Tables Are Legal - Best Friends Forever (Beretta, Chuckie T, & Rocky Romero) vs. Cheeseburger, Moose, & Lio Rush
- Elgin Bomb vs. Go Flasher - “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin vs. Go Shiozaki
- ROH vs. CHIKARA Challenge Match - Roderick Strong vs. Fire Ant
- Switzerland vs. Planet Peacock - Claudio Castagnoli vs. Dalton Castle
- No Holds Barred - Eddie Edwards vs. Takeshi Morishima
- Dream Tag Team Match - Legendary Rivalries Collide!! - Kenta Kobashi & Kevin Steen vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & El Generico

I hope everyone enjoys looking at and discussing the cards!! Let us know what you think!!
ActionJeffson

Re: ROHWorld Draft: 1st Edition

Post by ActionJeffson »

Very good looking shows. Okada v Joe, Hero/Naito, Pearce/Silas, Dalton/Claudio, and Kobashi/Steen v Misawa/Generico all sound incredible. I noticed no Bryan Danielson though?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ActionJeffson wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:58 pm Very good looking shows. Okada v Joe, Hero/Naito, Pearce/Silas, Dalton/Claudio, and Kobashi/Steen v Misawa/Generico all sound incredible. I noticed no Bryan Danielson though?
I just noticed that now. I think he actually had Danielson & McGuinness. I sent him a private message.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

This was a lot of fun!

I tried to pay homage to the history of ROH with the varying match types. I also wanted to have matches that felt really unique and original.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Awww. Wish I had seen this earlier to participate in it. Maybe there are plans down the pike for another?

Thomas Bobo's Gibson/Gresham and Okada/Joe matches make my head spin. Love the idea of those.

dhads7161's undercard CMLL/NJPW vs. DG tag match should secretly be the main event. That match at 25 minutes would wreck shop.

Big Red Machine's everything is so on point. Those last four singles matches are life.

DXvsNWO1994's tag main event is really inspired. Though I think I would have prioritized a Roddy/Kobashi match on that card and worked down from there.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Some really fun and exciting dream matchups. If i had to pick a winner, i'd have to go with Big Red Machine. The top half of his card is stacked. Much like the others, but felt i wanted to see those match ups just a little more.

Best Card: Big Red Machine

Best Match : (Joe vs. Okada) (2nd AJ vs. Omega)

Best tag Match: (Dragon Lee & KUSHIDA vs. Naruki Doi & SHINGO) (2nd Kenta Kobashi & Kevin Steen vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & El Generico)

Best Multiman match: - Triple Threat Tag Team Match - The Age Of The Fall (Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black with Lacey) vs. The Broken Hardys vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & Hiromu Takahashi)

Best Opener : Batshit Crazy Six-Man Mayhem - “The Villain” Marty Scurll vs. Donovan Dijak vs. Naomichi Marufuji vs. Silver Ant vs. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Delirious

Best Filler: Mixed Tag-Team Attraction Match - Cody & Brandi Rhodes vs. Homicide & Mercedes Martinez

Best First half card Match: Dragon Lee & KUSHIDA vs. Naruki Doi & SHINGO

Best 2nd half - non main event - Austin Aries vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Soooo I'm just going to assume that dhads7161 forgot to put Danielson vs. McGuinness, because he drafted both and they're nowhere on his card.
Wilson wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:10 am Awww. Wish I had seen this earlier to participate in it. Maybe there are plans down the pike for another?
Yes!!! There is time for another edition. Apologies for the late response. ActionJeffson & Montana are already in for a second edition, so I would just need one more participant!!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 pm Soooo I'm just going to assume that dhads7161 forgot to put Danielson vs. McGuinness, because he drafted both and they're nowhere on his card.
Wilson wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:10 am Awww. Wish I had seen this earlier to participate in it. Maybe there are plans down the pike for another?
Yes!!! There is time for another edition. Apologies for the late response. ActionJeffson & Montana are already in for a second edition, so I would just need one more participant!!
I'd love to do another one. This was oodles of fun.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Interested to see who you guys would have win each match