HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:07 am They just made changes to it. I just recently subscribed in early February and paid the $120 for the year, and now they changed the $9.99 monthly version to getting all the live events and PPVs. Sucks.
My guess is that they will do something for VIP members. Plus the 3 extra months added to the account to catch up on older shows/matches.
I hope you are right. I just re-upped in early March for VIP.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:02 pm
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:07 am They just made changes to it. I just recently subscribed in early February and paid the $120 for the year, and now they changed the $9.99 monthly version to getting all the live events and PPVs. Sucks.
My guess is that they will do something for VIP members. Plus the 3 extra months added to the account to catch up on older shows/matches.
Same here... Right as things went down.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I paid for one month and cancelled it end of last month because no new shows so I'm curious do I get extended three months or is that for people with the VIP subscription
Montana

Post by Montana »

Here is exactly what they said as of March 17th:
" For existing HonorClub members, we thank you for your loyalty and we know you subscribed so you can watch ROH events LIVE as they happen. Don’t worry, we got you covered! Starting April 1st, we will extend your current term automatically by a period of 90 days to cover the months of March, April, and May! Please continue to enjoy all of the existing VOD content, new VOD content from our historical library that will be added very soon, and of course the discounts on your favorite ROH merchandise at ROHProShop.com. "

I assume "existing" that means monthly or VIP... how i read it was if you have an active subscription on April 1st they would give you three more months.

Has anyone gotten the three months added to the account yet?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

I haven't seen if I got another 3 months and I'm not sure what date my account started so that probably doesn't help
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

If you go to :

Your Username:
My Profile
Then Memberships tab... it shows when you your membership ends / renews.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I was looking at Honor Club today and I saw that they are starting to add more old content, if you go to ROH Events you'll see that they've created categories for 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2008, and there's even some matches and events there too.

I assume they will keep updating it and will make an official announcement ASAP.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Has anyone's HonorClub membership been extended yet? Are they waiting until the know they will return??

That's good they continue to add more to HonorClub. Great time to build up the VOD service.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:43 am Has anyone's HonorClub membership been extended yet? Are they waiting until the know they will return??

That's good they continue to add more to HonorClub. Great time to build up the VOD service.
Mine was. Hopefully they will extend it another month since June looks canceled as well
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Apparently non members cant even view honor club content to atleast see whats on honor club. how fuckin stupid is that? Also the quality is horrible for pre 2011. Instead of redubbing music...they just cut out all audio..crowd, commentating and music.

its hard to sell ROH to other wrestling fans to get honor club when its so bush league.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I thought non- subscription members had access to past TV shows. Not the PPV's and Live events, which is more of the meat & potatoes. Unless something has changed.

I'm just glad they added a majority of 2002-2011 stuff, BUT i'd like to see it completed. Once it's complete; they can work on sewing it together with dubbed music/audio/commentating. I'm assume some audio files have been lost. i wouldn't be surprised if they don't go back and modify them.

The real value in HonorClub is the live events, when ROH runs them. Most current fans have seen the older shows. (New fans , not so much) but what value is honorclub right now; to someone who has seen, or has all the old shows?
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Montana wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:55 am I thought non- subscription members had access to past TV shows. Not the PPV's and Live events, which is more of the meat & potatoes. Unless something has changed.

I'm just glad they added a majority of 2002-2011 stuff, BUT i'd like to see it completed. Once it's complete; they can work on sewing it together with dubbed music/audio/commentating. I'm assume some audio files have been lost. i wouldn't be surprised if they don't go back and modify them.

The real value in HonorClub is the live events, when ROH runs them. Most current fans have seen the older shows. (New fans , not so much) but what value is honorclub right now; to someone who has seen, or has all the old shows?
Yeah but try convincing non members to join..... Apparently non members cant even view whats uploaded so they have to buy blindly. Thats the problem. Also i know lots of wrestling fans who have zero desire to watch anything post 2010. all they want is to watch 2002 to 2010 but they have no way to tell whats uploaded unless they purchase honor club. RoH isnt doing themselves any favors when fans of Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles or Samoa Joe cant view what roh matches they can watch so they just lose interest in considering buying homor club.

The value is...simplicity. if they have seen the old shows and dont own them...they may want to revisit but then get a butchered version. they could of redubbed the mudic instead of just cutting entire audio track until the match. its just lazy.

like why would i use their honor club when my dvds are better quality? if i wasnt interested in current roh, id just cancel my sub.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

You guys have valid complaints, but it’s only $10. Even if someone is really upset, they’re only out $10 and not locked into a long term commitment. I signed up for the year deal last year to get the “VIP”, now everyone is a “VIP” and I gave them my money for 9 months of no new events.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Honor Club down for everyone now or just me?

I was a bit late getting to this week's episode due to NHL/NBA playoffs but the videos won't play on Honor Club at the moment. Watching on Fite instead.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Feels like they’ve been doing some updates to it. Including removing the option to maximise the screen, and instead offer ‘picture in picture’...which is annoying as hell and needs to be fixed ASAP!
Montana

Post by Montana »

Montana wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:10 pm
kovs27 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:02 pm

Same here... Right as things went down.
I have to say i am quite disappointed ROH didn't do anything for Honorclub members with annual VIP membership the last 12-15 months. I know i'm not the only person that got a VIP membership in March 2020. I had to ask for the extra 3 months they initially gave out; and they said that's all they were authorized to do as of then. Fast forward to the end of the 15 months, and nothing. I've e-mailed ROH help; called ROH support mutliple times, left a message.. and i've been ghosted. I was looking for a black/white answer if they felt having access to the service for the extra 3 months justified it. It's cool ROH paid their wrestlers during the pandemic; and they've put out nice YT content; and added SOME back catalogue stuff.... but seriously... 120$ for essentially 2 PPV's ...which many folks got for 20$. ROH doesn't have the widest fanbase as-is; and you've essentially screwed over a handful of your more loyal customers. I get 2 sides to every story; and really they didn't need to even give 3 months; just seems like it's good business to try and make the situation right. It's really not about the money for money personally, I just want ROH being responsible; and trying to make things right for their fans.

What's makes it worse is this Joe Koff statment:

" For existing HonorClub members, we thank you for your loyalty and we know you subscribed so you can watch ROH events LIVE as they happen. Don’t worry, we got you covered! Starting April 1st, we will extend your current term automatically by a period of 90 days to cover the months of March, April, and May! Please continue to enjoy all of the existing VOD content, new VOD content from our historical library that will be added very soon, and of course the discounts on your favorite ROH merchandise at ROHProShop.com. "

There are/were numerous things ROH could do to make this right/better; EVEN things that really wouldn't cost much. For example:

1) Just a random ROH T-Shirt to VIP members. Thanking them for being a "VIP" member.

2) Personalized cameo/zoom call with ROH members

3) Autograph of your favorite ROH wrestlers

4) Other merch / DVDs/ Wrestling merch/

5) Extend the membership another 3-12 months, and/or discounted extension.

6) Have the fan book a "dream" ROH match

7) Free tickets to a upcoming show

8) Refund VIP members

9) Meet & Greet with ROH stars at upcoming show / Backstage access

10) ROH memorabilia (Turnbuckle, piece of ring, etc)

It's not hard... just ask the subscriber which of these options they would prefer. Choosing to ignore it, is a great way to lose trust with your fans.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Agree 100%. I subscribed in February 2020 and I think it ended at the start of May??? Why would anyone subscribe in non-event months? I’ll subscribe in July for BITW, but I’m definitely not re-subscribing in August.

They really dropped the ball on this one. As they could have taped more matches during tapings and made them available to HonorClub subscribers. They didn’t. Along with those other things you suggested, they didn’t provide any content besides old stuff.

I paid for a full year because the VIP was different from the monthly. So I got those two February shows, Final Battle, and 19th Anniversary. 3 months out of 15! They took $70 from me and no appreciation or apology. Just like it never happened.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I too would like free things

(this is an unironic post, give me free things)
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:52 pm I too would like free things

Like i said, people may look at this differently... but if you spend 120$ for a service with the expectation of 30-40 live events that you were expecting; and get 2... you feel short changed. It's not "free stuff" if you already paid for something you didn't get and were expecting. Joe Koff literally said we know you subscribe to watch live events as they happen. I get covid; but they also made big promises that HonorClub, would be "More than a network" and improve the service and that didn't happen either. That could have been an easy win; while they couldn't stream live events. At least respond to a e-mail to support, with a response. That's honestly probably the most annoying thing. If they said, yes, we gave you 3 months and that's all they can do... that would at least be a response. Or maybe a monthly update on what content is being updated on HonorClub... OR an update if they are stopping to focus on other areas. Who knows what they are doing now?? They say one thing; and then you dont hear about it ever again. Joe Koff has us covered...OK. Cool they paid their roster; but kind of at the expense of the fans who paid for the annual membership.

I'm a ROH fan one way or the other; but say someone like "newROHfan2020" this is their first experience of HonorClub. Not a good look. I'm less and less interested in giving ROH my money...just seems more and more evident ROH/SBG content with the bare minimum from a multiple areas of the company from their management. It's too bad, because they've got a great roster, with a great history.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:52 pm I too would like free things

Like i said, people may look at this differently... but if you spend 120$ for a service with the expectation of 30-40 live events that you were expecting; and get 2... you feel short changed. It's not "free stuff" if you already paid for something you didn't get and were expecting. Joe Koff literally said we know you subscribe to watch live events as they happen. I get covid; but they also made big promises that HonorClub, would be "More than a network" and improve the service and that didn't happen either. That could have been an easy win; while they couldn't stream live events. At least respond to a e-mail to support, with a response. That's honestly probably the most annoying thing. If they said, yes, we gave you 3 months and that's all they can do... that would at least be a response. Or maybe a monthly update on what content is being updated on HonorClub... OR an update if they are stopping to focus on other areas. Who knows what they are doing now?? They say one thing; and then you dont hear about it ever again. Joe Koff has us covered...OK. Cool they paid their roster; but kind of at the expense of the fans who paid for the annual membership.

I'm a ROH fan one way or the other; but say someone like "newROHfan2020" this is their first experience of HonorClub. Not a good look. I'm less and less interested in giving ROH my money...just seems more and more evident ROH/SBG content with the bare minimum from a multiple areas of the company from their management. It's too bad, because they've got a great roster, with a great history.
Overall, I didn’t think the app was that great to begin with. I had to keep logging in almost every time I wanted to watch. On Netflix, anything you stopped watching is there right when you log in, ready to watch. On this app, you had to find the event again and hopefully it would start up where you left off. Every app on the planet does what Netflix does, apparently ROH didn’t think it was important.

Again, you could have played a Best Matches of 20XX every month on there. I know they already have this on DVD, you couldn’t have shown it as a special every month? You’re telling me there’s ZERO un-aired matches they could have shown 1 month? They really don’t give a f about their paying customers. Just took our money and they give you no incentive to keep the Club when there’s no events.