HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

Post by kovs27 »

I did like getting the discount on my Best In the World tickets but yeah, I'm not sure I even used my HonorClub other than the PPVs. They did offer Zoom calls with talent on PPV days but I wasn't able to attend either. With that said, yeah.....I didn't feel like I got my $120 worth. I'm most likely going to sign up for the service again but I would like something to motivate me to get the annual subscription rather than just monthly.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

kovs27 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:38 am I did like getting the discount on my Best In the World tickets but yeah, I'm not sure I even used my HonorClub other than the PPVs. They did offer Zoom calls with talent on PPV days but I wasn't able to attend either. With that said, yeah.....I didn't feel like I got my $120 worth. I'm most likely going to sign up for the service again but I would like something to motivate me to get the annual subscription rather than just monthly.
I don’t think they offer it anymore
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:30 am
kovs27 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:38 am I did like getting the discount on my Best In the World tickets but yeah, I'm not sure I even used my HonorClub other than the PPVs. They did offer Zoom calls with talent on PPV days but I wasn't able to attend either. With that said, yeah.....I didn't feel like I got my $120 worth. I'm most likely going to sign up for the service again but I would like something to motivate me to get the annual subscription rather than just monthly.
I don’t think they offer it anymore
It's still listed as an option.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I don't know if anyone saw but if you buy tickets to one of the Philly shows through the Honor Club presale then you get the other show tickets free. It's only for Honor Club members.
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:21 am I don't know if anyone saw but if you buy tickets to one of the Philly shows through the Honor Club presale then you get the other show tickets free. It's only for Honor Club members.
I’m definitely signing up for Honor Club before Friday now. I was thinking of going to the Philly shows anyone, and now there’s no reason not to.

Actually on that note does anyone know of or recommend anywhere good to stay that’s fairly close to 2300 Arena?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I just resubbed to Honor Club and was given the option for one month or the annual subscription. I picked annual and my transaction went through. It looks like annual is still a valid option.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:10 pm I just resubbed to Honor Club and was given the option for one month or the annual subscription. I picked annual and my transaction went through. It looks like annual is still a valid option.
Curious. Why? With limited new events, why not go by the month?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:31 pm
kovs27 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:10 pm I just resubbed to Honor Club and was given the option for one month or the annual subscription. I picked annual and my transaction went through. It looks like annual is still a valid option.
The annual is a better value in the long run and we figure to have the worst of the content drought behind us. We're getting a PPV in July and then a two night show in August, presumably DBD in September, and so on.

If we could've predicted the course of the pandemic of course we all would've been wise to avoid subscribing or re-upping over the previous year but unless we have pandemic 2.0 there's no reason to expect it to happen again.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

My main reason was to take advantage of the Philadelphia tickets deals. Now why annual over monthly until there is more consistency in the traveling schedule, I can afford it and this way I don't have to worry about which month I have to sub and which I'll skip. I consider the bigger bill now a convenience fee.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:05 pm
The annual is a better value in the long run and we figure to have the worst of the content drought behind us. We're getting a PPV in July and then a two night show in August, presumably DBD in September, and so on.

If we could've predicted the course of the pandemic of course we all would've been wise to avoid subscribing or re-upping over the previous year but unless we have pandemic 2.0 there's no reason to expect it to happen again.
It’s actually not a better value. There is no difference anymore, as the monthly gets you the PPVs, when it didn’t in the past. Not only that, the annual is actually more expensive by 11 cents. I am not going to try and tell you that is a significant amount of money, but the annual should be cheaper, not the other way around.

If you go month to month, it’s 100% better for you by all means. Instead of paying $120 up front, you can pay $10 a month. What if you lose your job? What if you need some financial help? You can always cancel the month to month. What if you pay for the annual and within weeks, you have a personal tragedy where money is a big deal or ROH wrestling doesn’t interest you anymore?

Imagine that you pay for the annual today (and Philly tickets aren’t important to you) and at BITW, Enzo and Cass come back and become the tag champs and Kenny Omega becomes the ROH champion, by pinning Rush clean in the middle. You really wouldn’t like the product right? But there you are on the hook for 11 more months of Enzo and Cass.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:17 am

It’s actually not a better value. There is no difference anymore, as the monthly gets you the PPVs, when it didn’t in the past. Not only that, the annual is actually more expensive by 11 cents. I am not going to try and tell you that is a significant amount of money, but the annual should be cheaper, not the other way around.

If you go month to month, it’s 100% better for you by all means. Instead of paying $120 up front, you can pay $10 a month. What if you lose your job? What if you need some financial help? You can always cancel the month to month. What if you pay for the annual and within weeks, you have a personal tragedy where money is a big deal or ROH wrestling doesn’t interest you anymore?

Imagine that you pay for the annual today (and Philly tickets aren’t important to you) and at BITW, Enzo and Cass come back and become the tag champs and Kenny Omega becomes the ROH champion, by pinning Rush clean in the middle. You really wouldn’t like the product right? But there you are on the hook for 11 more months of Enzo and Cass.
My mistake, I was thinking the annual subscription was $99 instead of $120.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:31 am
NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:17 am

My mistake, I was thinking the annual subscription was $99 instead of $120.
So unless ROH is your main hobby and you’re okay with Dan Hausen winning all the titles and keeping them a whole year or something else ridiculous, it makes no sense to pay for the whole year.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Pretty sure, no one cares, but here's what i'm thinking.

Right now, i don't feel safe paying for a year; with how little i got out of the last 15 months. I see ROH is resuming events... but we'll see. No advantage to the year imo, like newROHfan said.

Still salty, i didn't at least get a response from ROH help. Maybe i'm "overvaluing" myself as a fan, who's spent thousands on ROH over the years. maybe even ten thousands between tickets/shows/ DVDs/ etc. But to not get a ....sorry is what it is e-mail rubbed me wrong.

So either i suck it up, and just go to monthly and get the PPV. Hold out 10 days; get the PPV; and then the 2 August shows and cancel. OR just boycott it all together for now.

Guess we'll see how i feel that weekend, and if i'll be home live to watch that day.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

And I regret my resub already. No ticket link on ShopHonor.com for the Philly pre-sale. Awesome.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:58 am Pretty sure, no one cares, but here's what i'm thinking.

Right now, i don't feel safe paying for a year; with how little i got out of the last 15 months. I see ROH is resuming events... but we'll see. No advantage to the year imo, like newROHfan said.

Still salty, i didn't at least get a response from ROH help. Maybe i'm "overvaluing" myself as a fan, who's spent thousands on ROH over the years. maybe even ten thousands between tickets/shows/ DVDs/ etc. But to not get a ....sorry is what it is e-mail rubbed me wrong.

So either i suck it up, and just go to monthly and get the PPV. Hold out 10 days; get the PPV; and then the 2 August shows and cancel. OR just boycott it all together for now.

Guess we'll see how i feel that weekend, and if i'll be home live to watch that day.
Those are good points as well. It’s just better to go month to month anyway. The only exception is an expiring gift card that has a balance that will expire.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:09 am And I regret my resub already. No ticket link on ShopHonor.com for the Philly pre-sale. Awesome.
According to roh their experiencing technical difficulties with the presale and are trying to fix them
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I bet they had issues getting the B1G1 free promo to fire correctly
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:10 am
kovs27 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:09 am And I regret my resub already. No ticket link on ShopHonor.com for the Philly pre-sale. Awesome.
According to roh their experiencing technical difficulties with the presale and are trying to fix them
The pre-sale has been rescheduled to Monday.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well... 3 months later... at least i got a response:

"We had live events nearly every month beginning in August. If you were not an Honor Club member, you could not access. We will be developing more benefits for our VIP member at the top of 2022. Without knowing how this COVID issue is going to manifest, we are hesitant to create any new incentives.
Is there something in particular that you are looking for?"

This was after asking what ROH would do for VIP annual subscribers who got 2 live shows for 120$ from Mar 2020 to Jun 2020 for 120$. So in 2022, they plan to add more benefits for being VIP which is good, but late as hell for the folks who subscribed and just got a few shows.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Are either of these titles available to stream on Honor Club?

The Summer of Punk
Punk: The Final Chapter