HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
thebrettclark

Re: HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

Post by thebrettclark »

Do they offer a free trial?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

lwilson287 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:30 pm I was thinking about signing up for HonorClub and have read some of the posts here about the lousy service and was wondering if it has gotten better and if it is worth signing up for or not?
I stream on my laptop and use an hdmi cord plugged into my tv to watch. Unless it's a major show I normally have no issue. A major show maybe I have one freeze up but it's been a long time since that happened. I think the people who had the biggest issues originally were using the Roku app.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

What apps are available for streaming devices at this point? It doesn't look like it's available yet for Amazon Fire stick. How about Roku or Apple TV?
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

Zhuge1 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:48 pm What apps are available for streaming devices at this point? It doesn't look like it's available yet for Amazon Fire stick. How about Roku or Apple TV?
There’s an Apple TV and iOS app. I use both.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Zhuge1 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:48 pm What apps are available for streaming devices at this point? It doesn't look like it's available yet for Amazon Fire stick. How about Roku or Apple TV?
It's on the Roku, I use it, no problems. Pretty sure the app isn't in the sports section where all the other wrestling apps are.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

The main ROH website says Honor Club is now available through FITE, which I think works with a FireStick/FireTV. So, I assume you can download the FITE app and there's an option to login to HonorClub from there?
Suicane

Post by Suicane »

So I signed up for honor club, went to fite to watch and my accounts weren't syncing up. I emailed fite and they said my email wasn't in the roh data base. I double check to make sure my logins line up and they do. I email roh help and they tell me I don't have an account associated with my email even though I just logged in using it, have the digital receipt in my inbox and have been charged. It took them 12 hours to give a one sentence response that didn't help and honestly didn't seem like they were interested in helping so I'm starting to get anxious about having this issue fixed by Saturday. Any suggestions as to what to do next?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I know Tampa is next year, but just buccaneer that shit.
Suicane

Post by Suicane »

That's a last resort but seeing as how I've already payed, I'd like to not do that.
sideeffect

Post by sideeffect »

Is it just me or is Honorclub not working? I've been trying to play videos on my Apple TV, Roku and iPhone and nothing works, just a black screen. It is working fine on my computer though. Sent them an email and they have such terrible support service and never respond to your emails.

The app has been so disappointing and hasn't even been updated in forever, over 1 year and still runs like garbage. Can't pick up from where you left off, awful interface still missing LOT of shows pre-2011.

Might have to cancel for them to get the message.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Spend your money elsewhere.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Can't speak for Apple TV, but it worked on my Iphone 6 right away. I thought i remember the HonorClub Roku app was a Beta, and i don't think they ever finished it/fix it. Most times i just end up watched on my laptop and steam it to the TV. Would be nice if it had the app that worked on all major devices. (amazon/PS/Xbox/Roku that works)
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

sideeffect wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:03 am
The app has been so disappointing and hasn't even been updated in forever, over 1 year and still runs like garbage. Can't pick up from where you left off, awful interface still missing LOT of shows pre-2011.

Might have to cancel for them to get the message.
Fortunately never had issues with streaming but the app itself is shocking and for the reasons you state. The interface is horrendous, so low rent, and must be off-putting for new subscribers. Having to log in every time is a minor nuisance too.

Frustrating because ROH really are in danger of being left behind (if they aren't already) in terms of both creative direction and presentation.

Now more than ever ROH need to up their game. They have the library, regular TV/Live events etc ... They need to put more effort into presenting themselves as major league.
sideeffect

Post by sideeffect »

Looks like ROH was aware of playback issues as they tweeted out their developers corrected it. I tried again and it worked. I guess I wasn't the only one emailing them.

For a company that is owned by a billion dollar telecommunications company ROH's streaming service is bush league
and quite behind from the rest. I wish they could fix and add some features like resume, and not automatically logging you out when on more than 1 device.

I had a 1 month free trial of Impact Wrestling's streaming service Impact Plus and I found their app runs flawlessly, very quick, responsive, great looking layout, has resume feature and can log in on more than 1 device without logging you out the other. Looks like Impact Plus has past them in that department.

If they don't address these issues they going to have a tough time keeping and attracting subscribers.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I think with this new move Roh is trying to present their product like new japan with the matches happening on honorclub first and backstage stuff mixed with those matches for t.v.
imshawntaggart

Post by imshawntaggart »

Really a huge fan of them falling on their promises of content they said would be on Day 1 at Honor Club.

Still waiting for them to finish year 1, still waiting for them to post HD Net episodes.

The HD Net episodes are still a selling point to people signing up for the service.

Very infuriating.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Tag Titles Match
The Briscoes vs. Killer Elite Squad
State of the Art 2018: Dallas - June 16, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh5WjKkVYPM
Chuds

Post by Chuds »

I was wondering if they ever got around to adding the 2012 TV to Honor Club?
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

They just made changes to it. I just recently subscribed in early February and paid the $120 for the year, and now they changed the $9.99 monthly version to getting all the live events and PPVs. Sucks.
Montana

Post by Montana »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:07 am They just made changes to it. I just recently subscribed in early February and paid the $120 for the year, and now they changed the $9.99 monthly version to getting all the live events and PPVs. Sucks.
My guess is that they will do something for VIP members. Plus the 3 extra months added to the account to catch up on older shows/matches.