HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Honor Club

Post by AlexROH »

supersonic wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:50 pm This HAS to result in a significant web site upgrade at launch. Speed, seamless log in, pleasant visuals, an actual mobile version. Make the first impression for this service count, especially for lapsed viewers and curious newbs interested in the rich library content.
New website "In addition to #ROHHonorClub, a new http://ROHWrestling.com is about to debut! A few changes will be taking place at the current website starting tomorrow as we transition. https://buff.ly/2E1gbWE for more"

Plus, they confirmed a ROH App.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Now just nail the video quality, please, for the love of god.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:37 pm Does anyone have the total cost of all ROH PPV, iPPV, and VOD shows in 2017?

Because I'm pretty sure this is an absolutely massive savings for people who bought every show, even factoring in Ringside discounts.
Actually, here is the breakdown:

Ringside Membershop annual $59.99

Live Event VOD with 25% disccount $11.21 x 19=$212.99

Global War Chicago VOD with discount $14.99

Supercard of Honor with discount $22.49

Pay Per View Events with discount $26.21 x 5=$131.05

Road to BITW Chicago Ridge VOD with discount $7.49

Adam Cole last match vs. Marty Scurll with discount $1.49

Add those up and it costs

$450.49

to watch every single thing Ring of Honor did in 2017 with the Ringside Membership discount, which I did.

So $199.99 is a huge savings. Legitimately saving you

$330.50

Now that is a huge savings. Even more if you go back to 2016, as they had 25 VOD events and six PPV events.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

So Honor club is here at rohwrestling.com The only problem is I can't find the ROKU channel it's under. Has anyone found it or have the info? Thanks in advance!
mewing77

Post by mewing77 »

I had to email ROH because I was double charged for HonorClub and asked about the apps and they replied stating that they are shooting for the end of March to release those.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

end of march is odd. They will miss out on the anniversary ppv and the manhattan mayhem show. Was hoping they would have a roku site up this week. Blah. I guess I will wait til March.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

They definitely shoulda waited until the apps were ready to launch.

Not like I have money right now anyways hahaha. Does anyone have it yet? How is the back catalog?
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I think if they are going to do end of march for the apps they should at least do a trial month or trial period with the online version like powerbomb tv offers. I wouldn't want to pay for year only to have 11 months or so full access. There are 4 big events happening between now and the end of march including 1 ppv. It seems they could have had at the least a beta roku channel set up for launch.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Checking out the pick'ems...they have 2 matches.

Cody vs. Flip Gordon for Manhattan Mayhem and Castle vs. Lethal for the 16th Anniversary Show.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

someone just tweeted no events prior to 2009 and none of the shows are viewable when being clicked. If you have twitter the tweet was from @prowresfeed so far i haven't seen any positive reviews. Hoping this changes.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

BrandenScott wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 am someone just tweeted no events prior to 2009 and none of the shows are viewable when being clicked. If you have twitter the tweet was from @prowresfeed so far i haven't seen any positive reviews. Hoping this changes.
It's a little unreasonable to think that ROH would have all of bugs worked out on day 1 of launch.

Let's also consider the history too...ROH's track record when it comes to tech support, etc. is not the best. If anyone thinks it would be with this and from the beginning, it almost seems foolish to do so.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thomas Bobo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:13 pm
BrandenScott wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 am someone just tweeted no events prior to 2009 and none of the shows are viewable when being clicked. If you have twitter the tweet was from @prowresfeed so far i haven't seen any positive reviews. Hoping this changes.
It's a little unreasonable to think that ROH would have all of bugs worked out on day 1 of launch.

Let's also consider the history too...ROH's track record when it comes to tech support, etc. is not the best. If anyone thinks it would be with this and from the beginning, it almost seems foolish to do so.
Great points. I would add that the back catalog itself, as seen in other services, hasn't proven to be worth all that much. It's likely more valuable for ROH to slowly administer updates to the pre-SBG library. Before we knew that HonorClub (I'll never not roll my eyes at that name) was even an official service, there was talk on the board of how much work would be necessary to edit out the unlicensed music or of any unsavory content which time has not been kind to. Considering how large of a project that would be, it might be worth considering how all that work is to be done by a staff that might not increase to countervail all of that necessary time and labor.

I would like to see ROH go to some length to "remaster" the seminal events in ROH history, including features like additional commentary or of any historical media/paraphernalia pertaining to the event. It makes sense to advertise their releases to the service like arthouse/Criterion films. Sapolsky ROH is critically revered--as well as attended to by a lot of nostalgia--and relishing in their re-releases would be meaningful to a lot of people.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Just give me good audio and video quality and smooth streaming by the time the next event airs and I'm going to be happy.

Screw it up and I'm going to whine about it on the internet. That'll learn 'em.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

I thought I read somewhere that the re-mastering was going to be something that did occur or was going to be a selling point of the service.

To me, the really exciting opportunity is to stream live shows. If Manhattan Mayhem is the first show (save for the free trial of Honor Reigns Supreme), you have to think that ROH has all of the focus on that and the peripheral stuff (historic shows, message board, etc.) will come with time.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Hopefully with all the VOD shows finally airing live, they can do something about their sloppy continuity between TV, VOD, and PPVs. It's almost impossible to watch them in an order where one doesn't spoil any of the others right now.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Thomas Bobo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:34 pm I thought I read somewhere that the re-mastering was going to be something that did occur or was going to be a selling point of the service.

To me, the really exciting opportunity is to stream live shows. If Manhattan Mayhem is the first show (save for the free trial of Honor Reigns Supreme), you have to think that ROH has all of the focus on that and the peripheral stuff (historic shows, message board, etc.) will come with time.

I get your point and the points of others but ROH can really learn from powerbomb tv and offer a trial period. If the app isn't ready and the product isn't finished offer a week trial. We would likely see the roh/japan shows this week and any of the current on demand content and judge for ourselves. I'd said before I'd gladly throwdown $120 for the live shows and vod if they had a roku channel or amazon channel readily available. If it's not ready then give us a trial until it is ready. Why spend $120 now for an unfinished product? Are there any perks to starting a subscription now as opposed to waiting for the apps to roll out? It just seems rushed to me. I really want this to succeed. So far powerbomb and highspots have both worked well. Gabe's WWN is working well so there is no reason for ROH to fail at this. They own the content they just have to put it out. Powerbombtv had a roku channel going within days. They let EVERYONE use their beta and it worked. I just hope ROH gets this right.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Has anyone had their Ringside Membership roll over? Because I logged in and I don't have access to anything and it tells me to buy a membership. But I'm pretty sure my Ringside is still active.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

that is actually one of the glitches they were working on per the twitter page.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Oh, cool.

Glad they're giving themselves 12 days to figure this out before Manhattan Mayhem.
travrobertson85

Post by travrobertson85 »

Purchased the VIP Package this morning have been charged but I can't watch any shows everything is locked out or if I want to watch a PPV I have to purchase it. Not sure what is going on here. Hopefully this can get sorted asap. Has anyone else had issues? Oh and if I tried to watch a video earlier would come up with a playback network error and to refresh or pick another video.