HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
LesnarScurll

Re: Honor Club

Post by LesnarScurll »

BrandenScott wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:46 pm
LesnarScurll wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:20 pm I was sent the beta app for Roku and android about 2 wks ago and it needed a lot of work. I sent my report to the webmaster describing my issues and what I would like to see and what I felt that it needed. I never heard back. So just a couple hours ago I logged in to watch the latest episode and a lot of changes were made. Dates were organized and it really looked as if it were coming along. The Latest episode was in pristine picture quality with no freezing or lagging whatsoever. It ran really smooth. Then when I finished viewing the app disappeared! Hoping that its available by SOH. I believe that the Android app is available through Google play store. Hope this helps.
thank you. I kept checking to see if there was a roku app in the roku store. I sound like a broken record but I am ready to give these guys $120 I just want to know that it's going to work on my roku tv. Otherwise I will wait til sunday and watch it on Kodi. At this point it's been over a month for ROH to have this in order. WWN, AIW, AAW, CZW, NJPW, WWE, Powerbombtv, and highspots can all do it so why can't ROH? ROH is bigger than some of the names I listed. I keep checking rohwrestling.com hoping for a working roku channel or to hear good news.
Same here. The forum on honor club is a waste so far. Numerous people on there with questions, especially about the Roku app,but no one will provide any answers. It's very frustrating. I hate to say it as I really want this to succeed,but if there's no Roku app by supercard as promised and I have to watch on my tablet again,I may just cancel. I don't have any idea why they pulled the app just as it was finally starting to work. Again, I hate to be harsh as I really enjoy ROH and NJPW but it's aggravating to say the least.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

i've tweeted ROH, Cary, anyone that can give me an answer and nobody responds. I had a simple question for Club WWN and they responded within 10 mins. How can ROH have such shit service?? Almost makes me wish NJPW would have partnered with WWN as at least they don't have the hiccups.
LesnarScurll

Post by LesnarScurll »

I have no idea what their problem is but it's definitely not the way to go to increase subscribers. Also there's very little hype for honor club other than a brief promo on the tv broadcast that gives no details about what the service even provides just that it's out there.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

I'm definitely getting Supercard of Honor on the Fite TV app instead of getting Honor Club. It's $25 but HC sounds like its an unreliable nightmare and I've never had an issue with Fite. If anyone wants a sign up code for $15 towards a ppv, let me know.

I so want to get Honor Club but it needs a lot of improvement before I give them $120.
LesnarScurll

Post by LesnarScurll »

Yes please. If something happens and fite is the best option that code would be nice to have. Thanks! There's other price options for honorclub. I took the $9.99 option and that includes tax which is cool. If the app isn't up and running I will possibly opt out and just pick and choose on the fite app.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

ROH updated on the apps finally. debating giving this a go
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

actually no, they didn't update it for ROKU so I am still SOL, well looks like I'l have to go another route.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Honor Nation we’re proud to announce that the ROH App has officially launched for Android Mobile and Android TV. We appreciate our fans who took part in the beta-testing phase.

HonorClub can be accessed through these platforms currently, and fans will be able to stream this Saturday’s Supercard of Honor on their Android devices!

Download the ROH Android app from the Google Play Store!

Unfortunately the other streaming platforms are pending approval by their respective providers and may not be published in time for Supercard. We sincerely appreciate your understanding and look forward to launching these other channels imminently.

HonorClub can still be accessed by all fans through ROHWrestling.com.
LesnarScurll

Post by LesnarScurll »

I viewed 16th anniversary on their webpage and it crashed so I won't go that route again. Looks like it's either my android device or the fite app unless they have the Roku app up by then which I HIGHLY doubt.
leenie426

Post by leenie426 »

You realize that the WWE Network wasn't perfect at launch? I've beta tested the iOS and Apple TV apps. Both of which have worked great in beta testing. The iOS has a few minor flaws, which if corrected on the final version will make it an easy way to watch ROH.
LesnarScurll

Post by LesnarScurll »

I'm sure that they all have issues at launch. The main gripe with me and a lot of other people is that they can't seem to get the roku app going so we can watch on the big screen. I watched the latest episode on the beta app and it looked and ran flawlessly so I don't know what happened.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Every platform has different hoops to jump through to get apps published, even if all the apps were finished at the same time (which may not be the case).

Android and iOS should definitely be the priority since they have the most users. Then get to Rokus, game consoles, smart TVs, etc.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I had the aforementioned on demand programs since day one and never really experienced issues. ROH rolled this out in February and had their one show as a free trial on FITE. What they should have done is had the free trial on the roku and android apps to test them. Now it's the biggest ROH show ever and they are in a rut. They should show this as a free trial to work out the kinks. it would also be a good gesture since the finished product is not ready
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I fucking jinxed it the WWN site and stream have crashed. WOW what a mania week start
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

"The Ring of Honor Roku channel is currently being reviewed by the team at Roku, but due to the overwhelming demand for the availability of a ROH Roku channel to stream Supercard of Honor, we wanted to find a way for fans to access the channel prior to it's official release.

Starting now, all HonorClub members can opt to download an uncertified beta version of the channel for access to the live stream of Saturday's Supercard of Honor, as well as all of the other content that is available only to members of HonorClub.

Please be aware that this beta channel may contain some minor bugs, but we are confident that all of HonorClub will be able to stream Supercard of Honor live on their Roku connected devices."

Received this email from ROH earlier today. There is a link included but if you are an Honor Club member you should have gotten the same. Since the Android and IOS apps came out yesterday ROH is getting this done just in time.
mulkeybros

Post by mulkeybros »

Kind of a novice with tech stuff, and I literally just signed up for Honor Club (5 minutes ago). Not sure if I will get that email noted above. Would there be another way to get the beta version of the Roku app? Thanks for any help.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

are you guys seeing events prior to 2011 or not as of yet?
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

leave it to ROH to have a crash 30 mins before the show starts. Unfucking real. Wonder how many refunds they will be giving out.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Honor Nation, we quadrupled our server capacity for this event and you exceeded it with tens of thousands of users trying to login... have no fear, more hardware is being added now! #ROHSupercard
LesnarScurll

Post by LesnarScurll »

Same here. Went to login and it won't allow it. Is anyone really shocked?!