HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

Post by Montana »

They have the punk the final chapters matches. (IE: just the matches.

They only have a few compilations. Not summer of punk.

You’d really think ROH would add content to their streaming service. Let’s say, when Homicide return, maybe throw up some Homicide content.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:58 am They have the punk the final chapters matches. (IE: just the matches.

They only have a few compilations. Not summer of punk.

You’d really think ROH would add content to their streaming service. Let’s say, when Homicide return, maybe throw up some Homicide content.
Nah, that requires effort.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

At the very least do something with the YT channel. We've got buzz for Punk and Danielson at levels not seen in years for them, as well as Joe to a lesser degree, and what gets posted? Scorpio's match involving the least celebrated of the Second City Saints... 3 months after whatever buzz 2 Cold briefly had thanks to Dark Side of the Ring.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I will give ROH credit for stepping up their YouTube game tremendously.

It just seems so odd to me, they wouldn’t invest a little more (any for that matter) into HonorClub. Whatever time/labor that gets invested in, gets a return on investment. It’s a EASY way to promote HonorCLub. These month we added XYZ…. Or when you run out of old content… you can say It has Every ROH event/match ever. Boggles my mind sometimes. Maybe they are looking for a peacock type deal or something.
DougN

Post by DougN »

It's got to be a video rights or royalty problem at this point. There's literally no reason they shouldn't have uploaded at least the first 5 years of the promotion in full. I understand the music was always an issue, but they got around that for a ton of stuff already so why not the other stuff?

They're missing the boat right now with Punk and Danielson coming into AEW, AND Adam Cole coming in. If they had a full library, they could do specialized playlists to entice new users.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Is there any reason to be paying for Honorclub for October and November?
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

EvanKnight wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:03 pm Is there any reason to be paying for Honorclub for October and November?
Nope. Only if you hate keeping more of your own money.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Not to beat a dead horse.... but like their business model is beyond mind boggling. I'm pretty sure like 1-1.5 years ago; Joe Koff was telling us how ROH HonorClub was more than a network; and intended to improve/add to the service. To be fair, they've vastly improve their Youtube Presence at that time. But like seriously ... how hard would it be to do any of the following:

1) Record bonus matches at TV Tapings as HonorClub Exclusives.
2) Top Prospect Touranment - HC Exclusive
3) Since your already/still paying all these UK/AU talent ; Why not have them host a show... anything Joe Hendry is pretty entertaining. Could be an interview show, reality show, shoot interviews; ROH Trivia, etc.
4) Featured wrestler of the month; with like Cheesburgers favorite matches, or something. A day in the life.
5) A Dalton Castle show;
6) Air Wrestle Carnival or Honor, or like any other promotion with ROH wrestlers. MCW , NJPW USA, whatever.
7)Some twitch like steam with like ROH wrestlers playing video games. (not really my thing; but better than nothing)
8) Create a tough enough/ ultimate fighter style show with the ROH dojo.
9) ROH Legends hour ... where ROH Legends talk about their favorite memories.
10) Year in review specials
11) At the very least ; make it Byran Danielson month; and air some of his greatest matches via a compilation.

The whole point of a streaming service is to provide steady content to people stay subscribed. Yeah, most people probably buy it for the live events; but like this would at least encourage those already subscribed, to just stay subscribed for another month or two extra. If not; just make it a free service with ads. They'd probably make more off the ads, than current subscribers in OCT/NOV this year.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I think of all the companies outside of WWE, Ring Of Honor has the most attractive and appealing library. Their inability to cash in on it is mind-boggling and there must be huge reasons behind-the-scenes as to why. I've heard rumblings from old indy wrestlers that it's a royalty issue for a lot of the wrestlers, but they've had it so long now, you think that would be cleared up?

When did Honor Club launch?
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

DougN wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:52 am I think of all the companies outside of WWE, Ring Of Honor has the most attractive and appealing library. Their inability to cash in on it is mind-boggling and there must be huge reasons behind-the-scenes as to why. I've heard rumblings from old indy wrestlers that it's a royalty issue for a lot of the wrestlers, but they've had it so long now, you think that would be cleared up?

When did Honor Club launch?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_Club
Development of a VOD service was announced on November 9, 2017 by ROH COO Joe Koff.[1] Honor Club was formally announced on February 2, 2018[2][3] and the service officially launched on February 19, 2018.[4][5]
DougN

Post by DougN »

So three full years.

Imagine the killing they would have made last year with all of the past events on Honor Club.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Imagine the numbers from early 2018 and what they look like today. Not pretty!