HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
LesnarScurll

Re: HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

Post by LesnarScurll »

I really just don't see how long that can last with these shenanigans. I know that wrestling fans are loyal but this is pushing the limits. Their communication sucks!
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Yeah it sucks and the service is still down. Bullshit. I've never seen a company do such shitty work on a streaming device. ROH has no excuses and anyone who can defend this is as full of shit as they are.
LesnarScurll

Post by LesnarScurll »

I was just on the verge of not renewing but the last 2-3 shows went off without a hitch so I decided to give them another shot. Then as soon as I renew this happens! As long as it's up and running in time for war of the worlds but not releasing a statement about this is unacceptable!
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

LOL I just got an email that my payment is upcoming. They can let me know that but can't fix the ROKU or answer any tweets, or posts on the official forum. What a bunch of pricks.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Still no fix. Hopefully it's working before the show tomorrow. Can't believe they haven't seen any email or communication about this. How can anyone defend them at this point?
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

show day and still down. Should of known
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

What are the chances are that all this work is contracted out and they don't want to fix this because right now because they're holding back on payments? Their 'support' looks super shitty. Reminds me of my FilmStruck membership, which didn't have a real Contact Us page opting for a general leave a comment hell portal.

Glad that beta services are now treated as paid goods. Hope y'all get your refunds.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Got my refund email today. I really hoped this program would work. It sucks I won't get to see tonights show live but waiting a few hours and having 0 hiccups is a better option than being frustrated that the Roku is still down.
robert2339

Post by robert2339 »

Worst customer service ever.

I emailed them since the feed was not working on my ROKU, and this was ROH's response, "Christina Meyers <clmeyers@rohwrestling.com>
May 10 (2 days ago)

to me
We are not available on ROKU. We are still testing."
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

robert2339 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:57 am Worst customer service ever.

I emailed them since the feed was not working on my ROKU, and this was ROH's response, "Christina Meyers <clmeyers@rohwrestling.com>
May 10 (2 days ago)

to me
We are not available on ROKU. We are still testing."
I had to tell them "I will be disputing this charge with my bank/creating a chargeback if you do not refund my money. You promised a product that has been down for close to a week. I have missed live shows due to this and I refuse to pay for a broken product" I had a response back that I would be refunded and they have since deactivated my account. Don't let them get away with this shit. Just like waiting to announce that Dalton couldn't defend the belt against Taven. ROH has horrible customer service
LesnarScurll

Post by LesnarScurll »

Roku app back up and seems to be working great! Rewatched WOTW night three and the picture quality was full HD, no lagging, loading or freezing! Let's see how long this lasts. Hopefully they have finally worked everything out.
sideeffect

Post by sideeffect »

The app is also available on Apple TV
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Ring of Honor Wrestling is proud to announce that the new ROH App is available on all Apple and Android devices including iOS and Android for mobile, Apple TV, and Android TV. Fans from around the world can download the ROH App on their phones and tablets for free for immediate access to breaking news, event information, exclusive video content, the ROH Pro Shop, and more!

The ROH App is also home to HonorClub, Ring of Honor’s streaming and membership service. HonorClub Members enjoy LIVE and On Demand streaming of ROH On Tour events like the recent War of the Worlds Tour and the upcoming Honor United Tour in the UK! HonorClub is also home to the ROH TV Archive, out-of-print compilations like CM Punk’s “The Second City Saint,” and will soon debut “ROH Year One,” featuring all 12 events from ROH’s inaugural year of 2002! All HonorClub Members also receive 15% off year-round at ROHProShop.com, pre-sale ticket access to ROH events, 50% off ROH pay-per-view events, and more!

HonorClub VIP Members receive all the benefits of HonorClub in addition to LIVE and On Demand streaming access to all ROH pay-per-views for FREE!

Fans can now download the ROH App for free in the iOS App and Google Play stores, and on Apple TV and Android TV (search: Ring of Honor)!
Great to see that they are going to star adding classic shows!!
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'll be curious to find out how much dubbing/erasing there is. Beyond entrance themes, I know for a fact that at least The Era of Honor Begins and Honor Invades Boston remastered releases use copyrighted music for the video packages (the former is "Blood is Pumping"" by Voodoo & Serano, featured in Blade II; the latter was included on a random dance mix-tape CD in the 2000s that I misplaced and can't remember any info for.)

In addition, I 100% agree with ThROH the Years entirely - completely scrub out the Hit Squad vs. Christopher Street Connection segment that kicked off the company's existence. There is no benefit whatsoever to keeping that segment intact.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

They added ‘Era of Honor Begins’ to Honor Club with plans in place to get the entire year of 2002 up there.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I hope that first ever in-ring segment has been completely clipped out.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

supersonic wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:49 pm I hope that first ever in-ring segment has been completely clipped out.
Yes. Show starts with the Red-Briscoes stuff. No mention to Christopher Street Connection/Da Hit Squad in all the show. Good move here by ROH.
TheJawSays

Post by TheJawSays »

Fill me in, I’ve never seen the show. What was so offensive about that first segment?

The fact that there will be heavy editing of shows on the HonorClub helps justify my DVD collection rebuild tear I’ve been on lately. I want to be able to watch these shows, illegal use of licensed music and all goddamnit.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:13 am
supersonic wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:49 pm I hope that first ever in-ring segment has been completely clipped out.
Yes. Show starts with the Red-Briscoes stuff. No mention to Christopher Street Connection/Da Hit Squad in all the show. Good move here by ROH.
what about the music? they cut the entrances?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

TheJawSays wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:04 am Fill me in, I’ve never seen the show. What was so offensive about that first segment?

The fact that there will be heavy editing of shows on the HonorClub helps justify my DVD collection rebuild tear I’ve been on lately. I want to be able to watch these shows, illegal use of licensed music and all goddamnit.
The Era of Honor Begins - February 23, 2002
https://soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly ... nor-begins
In this, the first episode, we review “The Era of Honor Begins” from February 23, 2002. The event (as well as the podcasts) features some highs and lows, from one of the most offensive opening segments in wrestling history, to one of the best first main events in wrestling history, this show is memorable. Your hosts go into the background of the company, and talk about the progressive and regressive aspects of the company at the time. It’s a fascinating look at how far ROH (and wrestling in general) have come since 2002, and it also features a completely unnecessary jab at Joe Gagne, so check it out!
Time stamp approximately 36:00 as they spend about 20 minutes discussing the absolutely horrendous opening stretch of segments for making first impressions. I know I had to always specifically mention it when loaning the DVD out back in the day for first-time ROH viewers.