HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BrandenScott

Re: Honor Club

Post by BrandenScott »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:53 pm
BrandenScott wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:46 pm with the roku I found some shows I believe all the way back to Jan 2017 maybe 2016 but I can't find any full shows prior to 2016 w the roku. Am I doing it wrong? This should be easier. I am another one who will not renew (unless they add the 2002-2011) then I am all in
They have already provided an update on this. Readingthe updates on the website when their released would probably help.
no need to come across as a self absorbed dick. You did it in the other thread and now you're doing it here and I'm going to call you out on it. People don't have time to sit and check the site every 2 seconds. People have lives. When I posted my post there was not an update to the site. If there is one now it was not there when I made my post.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Also I read the update and it didn't help. I have already accessed the roku app and the website doesn't provide a tutorial on how to locate early shows or when anything pre 2011 will be released. The website hasn't even updated the question of the day nor has ROH responded to my email.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Can we bring up that ROH is yet again having issues with streaming technology? This is not the first time we've had this problem in the Sinclair Era. They're entering TNA territory in terms of needing to show a long track record of not screwing up before people should give them a chance again.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

It's bad when CZW can do it right but ROH cannot
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It's a lot easier to have a reliable streaming service when nobody is trying to watch it. Just saying. There were probably more people trying to watch Supercard of Honor than have ever streamed a CZW event in total.

NJPW World still gives me fits every now and again. About one week out of the month it starts stuttering, only buffering a few seconds of video at a time and then pausing for 30+ seconds. I have a 100+ meg connection and can comfortably stream 4K Netflix, but sometimes 480p video on NJPW won't work no matter what I do. Refresh, log in and out, change browsers, nothing.

The short time I was subscribed to WWE Network I had lots of buffering too.

Not making excuses; ROH can and should do better. But I think you're overreacting a bit.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Not that I had major problems with either Honor Club or WWE Network this weekend but WWE Network was worse for me. I missed the whole Taker/Cena match. Didn't start working right until the end. Honor Club I only seem to have issues when a Young Bucks match starts. People must be waiting for them and start watching from there.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Network subscriber since day one and have never had an issue. WWNlive since day one (floslam prior) never an issue with the streams, Highspots never an issue, The only stream thats ever given me any issue was ROH. It still is now on a Wednesday night. I can't imagine 10's of thousands trying to watch Dragons Reign from Belle Vernon but it's lagging like crazy. I will also state that I work from home and have business internet so this may be why i haven't experienced any issues elsewhere.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

The ROKU app is still a beta, e.g. they want you to report the issues so they can look into them, they have stated this, just because you're too lazy to read it doesn't mean they haven't addressed it. If a forest is burning down and you don't know about it, it still burns, whether you care or not.

And I watched the show on Saturday with no issue and I'm in the UK! I'm sorry you did, but you saying I come across like an absorbed dick when you come across like a cry baby when I'm calling you out on your childish moaning isn't a great defense tactic, brother!
Wilson

Re: HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

Post by Wilson »

Roughly updated the original post. Now includes copy of the OTT's price tiers and services, event archives, and some internal resources that would help a new subscriber.

I'd like to make the OP a good source for new people to the service or the product. I'd be warm to any recommendations of improving the post, hyperlink sources internal to this site or not.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:44 pm The ROKU app is still a beta, e.g. they want you to report the issues so they can look into them, they have stated this, just because you're too lazy to read it doesn't mean they haven't addressed it. If a forest is burning down and you don't know about it, it still burns, whether you care or not.

And I watched the show on Saturday with no issue and I'm in the UK! I'm sorry you did, but you saying I come across like an absorbed dick when you come across like a cry baby when I'm calling you out on your childish moaning isn't a great defense tactic, brother!
ok dick if i'm a crybaby for being pissed at spending my money and having a house full of people waiting to see a show and we get to stare at the same screen for 2 hrs then yeah I'm a crybaby but you're still a dick. Look on social media at all the negative comments about Honor Club. They need to get their shit together. Also I did report the bugs and as I mentioned received no response after 4 days
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

Also to add to my previous post, if I go to a store and pay for a service and it is defective I can return it. I also have the right to leave a negative review if I see fit. I paid for a service as do many of you and I did not get what I paid for. If you consider me a crybaby for stating the facts so be it. ROH needs the truth they do not need people sucking up and kissing their ass when they have a legit problem on their hands. ROH can spend time tweeting pics of spoiler winners, or tweeting that the replay is available when it really isn't working. Also the Roku does not let you resume where you left off on a show. I have also reported that "bug" and heard no response. The service is awful! They give you a $10 credit but look at their shipping costs!! If you think this is fair or ethical please chime in and defend to me why. ROH comes off as Bush league in comparison to anyone who has tried running a streaming service. Having said my peace I will now wait until Sunday and since my account was cancelled I will see if the stream works. Hopefully it does but I'm not counting on it.
LesnarScurll

Post by LesnarScurll »

I'm awaiting to see what happens also. Surely after all of the complaints and negative responses they will have their shit together by then. If not then I don't know what else to say.

As far as the codes for discounted merch goes, I have seen a lot of complaints about them not working even on Wednesday. I ordered a Marty Scurll shirt that was on sale for$14.99 but my size was out of stock so I had to go a size larger which brought it to $16.99. After my honorclub and coupon discount and $6.95 shipping the total was $13.95. Not to bad. I really have no use for merch other than the odd shirt here and there but no need to let the code go to waste. And it worked fine for me. Actually the first thing that has since I joined two months ago,lol!
steen5150

Post by steen5150 »

Just discovered that if you have the nine ninety nine subscription it doesn't roll over to the next month. There is no way I can afford the next two layers of subscription as they are well too expensive as I live in the UK
raniya001

Post by raniya001 »

I confirm that it's a too bad streaming tv service. Too much bugs and waste of money.
NoHonorAnymore

Post by NoHonorAnymore »

supersonic wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:39 am https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/970356855544434688
The ROH Honor Club forum is already turning on the service. No one is answering enquires about when old stuff will be uploaded etc.
Well, they answered me about it...and it sucks—especially since they straight up lied about the topic rather recently in a blog post/statement. If you don’t know what I’m typing about, here’s a refresher:

“Lastly, many have wondered about ROH matches from our first few years. We hear you and will continue rolling out classic ROH content as we move forward. Stay tuned!”

So only just a day ago, here’s what butthole Christina Meyers had to say in an email to me:

“Unfortunately at this time we have no plans to add footage prior to Sinclair. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

Isn’t that awesome? They suck. Guess they hate money! Even the biggest idiot knows that their past material is gold. They’re utterly dumb to be so deceiving and neglecting to their fans.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Combo of too much effort to dub music and avoid exposing how surface-level today’s creative is.

When the best creative you can offer today is on the level of House, you don’t necessarily wanna expose the period when the creative was on the level of Breaking Bad, especially when the platform for the former is so large that it’s overcome the decent-but-nothing-special creative that the company has managed to continue performing record business.

In some ways I like using Dexter as a comparison as that show fucking nosedived after its original show runner left, but ratings continued climbing thanks to goodwill from the prior regime and likely appealing to a less nuanced audience. Remember that the more common fan you cater to, the less nuanced that audience tends to be. However, this comparison admittedly crumbles because it gives Dexter’s later years far too much credit; Hunter Johnston could NEVER book ROH into becoming the shit show laughingstock that Dexter had become by its final season.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:15 pm Combo of too much effort to dub music and avoid exposing how surface-level today’s creative is.
In which case they should never have advertised that they were going to add it.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

does anyone else have an error on the ROKU "service is currently unavailable sorry for the inconveinance try back later" Been getting it the last 2 days.
LesnarScurll

Post by LesnarScurll »

Yes. Hopefully just maintenance. An update from them or an announcement before things like this happen would set people more at ease but then again look at who we're talking about.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

LesnarScurll wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:54 pm Yes. Hopefully just maintenance. An update from them or an announcement before things like this happen would set people more at ease but then again look at who we're talking about.
yeah it's been 3-4 days now. Total garbage. If they don't extend the month I will be contacting my bank for a refund. I have ways to watch new ROH for free literally hours after the events end if not sooner but I chose to give them my money. Fool me once, but never again ROH