HonorClub Thread - ROH's Streaming Service

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AssShooter

Re: Honor Club

Post by AssShooter »

travrobertson85 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:30 pmOh and if I tried to watch a video earlier would come up with a playback network error and to refresh or pick another video.
Personally, the videos only work on Microsoft Edge for some reason. At least the new player is good.
ImageImage
travrobertson85

Post by travrobertson85 »

AssShooter wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:41 am
travrobertson85 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:30 pmOh and if I tried to watch a video earlier would come up with a playback network error and to refresh or pick another video.
Personally, the videos only work on Microsoft Edge for some reason. At least the new player is good.
As I said I can't even watch the videos. I've signed up for VIP and either I have to pay for PPV's or shows like the weekly TV show are locked which kind of sucks.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I heard on the roh twitter they are working to fix this. I honestly think this should have been beta'd first or at the very least free trial for the first week or 2. Powerbombtv and WWN can pull it off but a company owned by a major tv conglamerate like Sinclair can't? It's pretty sad. I really hope they iron the kinks out and roll a roku channel fast.
travrobertson85

travrobertson85 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:50 am
AssShooter wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:41 am
As I said I can't even watch the videos. I've signed up for VIP and either I have to pay for PPV's or shows like the weekly TV show are locked which kind of sucks.
Alos tried to use microsoft edge and yeah nothing worked same as above last statement :(
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I'm just talking about the TV show and the top videos section.
I found out why it didn't work : all the non-https content is blocked by default on almost every browser but Edge.
With the option to allow it activated, the playback network error disappear.
ImageImage
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

have they added anything pre-2011 yet?
travrobertson85

AssShooter wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:37 am I'm just talking about the TV show and the top videos section.
I found out why it didn't work : all the non-https content is blocked by default on almost every browser but Edge.
how do you fix that?
travrobertson85

travrobertson85 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:47 pm
AssShooter wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:37 am I'm just talking about the TV show and the top videos section.
how do you fix that?
Actually this new issue is weird. I'm logged in I'm a VIP member annnnnd if I hover over the weekly shows (any of them) and live events it has me locked out...the feck!
travrobertson85

travrobertson85 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 pm
how do you fix that?
Actually this new issue is weird. I'm logged in I'm a VIP member annnnnd if I hover over the weekly shows (any of them) and live events it has me locked out...the feck!

So I was able to watch the latest TV episode...but still can't watch anything else weird
Tmac88

Post by Tmac88 »

This week on tv colt kept pimping out the app... that they don’t have yet .lol
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

how do you fix that?
What web browser are you using ?
ImageImage
MadTitan

Post by MadTitan »

Anyone have any luck playing the videos on a PC? It's streams fine on my phone, but if I use any PC and any browser the picture is all pixelated and garbled whenever there is motion. Pretty sure it's not the PC's all other forms of streaming video play with no issues.
travrobertson85

AssShooter wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 am
how do you fix that?
I've tried chrome and edge and neither work
travrobertson85

travrobertson85 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:30 am
AssShooter wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 am

how do you fix that?
I've tried chrome and edge and neither work
Have also emailed them photos of me having a membership and how I can't access PPV or weekly shows or live events. Will be interesting to see what they have to say tbh
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

MadTitan wrote: Anyone have any luck playing the videos on a PC? It's streams fine on my phone, but if I use any PC and any browser the picture is all pixelated and garbled whenever there is motion. Pretty sure it's not the PC's all other forms of streaming video play with no issues.
Yes, it works perfectly for me on PC.
The quality was awful with the previous player on the old website and the video was very frequently buffering. What you describe happens a few seconds at the beginning of the video while the quality adjusts to your connection.
travrobertson85 wrote: I've tried chrome and edge and neither work
They fixed that issue so if it still doesn't work for you it is probably not related to what i was referring to.
ImageImage
sideeffect

Post by sideeffect »

Signed up to the VIP service yesterday and videos play fine, however I noticed the quality of the videos on most events really aren't that great and very pixelated. Its not my connection either as i have gigabit internet and 4k content play great on Netflix.. Was kind of disappointed no events from 2002-2010 are there as that would have been a huge plus. Hopefully those will be included soon. However, wouldn't be surprised if the reason being is due to the music as they most likely have to dub over all the licensed themes that were used.

Also some reason ROH charged my credit card 4 times....i saw my account and flipped out. I emailed them and they refunded three of them quickly, so that was a relief.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I have heard of at least 5 people that were double charged, nobody that i know has told me they can play videos flawlessly with a clear picture. Jesus it's 2018 czw can do it, progress can do it, aaw, aiw, revpro, njpw all can do it, powerbombtv, highspots can do it, wwn can do it. Why is ROH the Charlie Brown of the group when it comes to streaming??
travrobertson85

AssShooter wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:57 am
MadTitan wrote: Anyone have any luck playing the videos on a PC? It's streams fine on my phone, but if I use any PC and any browser the picture is all pixelated and garbled whenever there is motion. Pretty sure it's not the PC's all other forms of streaming video play with no issues.
Yes, it works perfectly for me on PC.
The quality was awful with the previous player on the old website and the video was very frequently buffering. What you describe happens a few seconds at the beginning of the video while the quality adjusts to your connection.
travrobertson85 wrote: I've tried chrome and edge and neither work
They fixed that issue so if it still doesn't work for you it is probably not related to what i was referring to.
So after seeing my screenshots turns out they had me down as a GA member for some reason...everything is fixed now though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

sideeffect wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:14 am. However, wouldn't be surprised if the reason being is due to the music as they most likely have to dub over all the licensed themes that were used.
They've already completed this so that's not the issue. Their tactic is probably to gauge how much interest there is initially, work out the kinks and then start uploading previous years events.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

So no iOS or roku app yet?
Captain Podcast