Finlay at Border Wars!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
McXal
Donator
Donator

Re: Finlay at Border Wars!

Post by McXal »

dougiefresh605 wrote:Would love to see Finlay/Elgin or Finlay/Strong. Would be a great stiff match either way
I'd be happy with this one, much the same as I'd be happy with Finlay/O'Reilly. Bennett got the chance to showcase his skills (and, by all accounts his match with Storm exceeded many people's expectations) - I'd like to see one of the other promising midcard acts get a chance now and I think Kyle and Michael would have the most to gain from this opportunity, as well as produce a great match

Of course - if they go ahead and book Finlay/Davey I really won't mind as it's something I'd love to see. But I just don't think it offers the same long-term value to ROH (on the assumption that Finlay is heading back to a WWE agent role and this is a one-time deal)
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

why not give him a shot at the title? Not completely unprecedented. Just like Danielson vs Storm or Nigel vs D'Lo
dougiefresh605

Post by dougiefresh605 »

I'd love to see Finlay get an ROH World title shot against Davey, but for some reason it seems ROH doesn't want to do those type of things nowadays. It honestly seems like they're afraid to put their titles on the line at certain points
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

dougiefresh605 wrote:I'd love to see Finlay get an ROH World title shot against Davey, but for some reason it seems ROH doesn't want to do those type of things nowadays. It honestly seems like they're afraid to put their titles on the line at certain points
Probably because it makes little sense because you know the outsider isn't going to win.

That's why I prefer the Proving Ground for legends. We can actually believe Rhino will win because it's not for the title and if he does win, his title shot will makes sense
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Finlay coming in is a good thing. Also he has denied the rumour of him going back to wwe as an agent. Lastly sign me up for Finlay vs Elgin
Tree

Post by Tree »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Steen will be involved in a match against Richards in some way shape or form. Bennett will be facing Storm in a rematch...So i'm thinking Finlay vs Jacobs or Finlay vs Edwards! I'm hoping for Elgin vs Cole(Battle of the rising stars) ;)
not sure about Storm-Bennett, unless they've already announced it and i missed it. this only makes sense if Bennett wins again - there's no reason to have Storm go over.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Finlay vs. Elgin is the match I'd most like to see.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

YimYac wrote:
JSWO wrote:Completely uninterested in this announcement.
:roll:

Why the eye roll? Fit's quite talented, but if I'm ROH I'm focusing on our core talents, building them up to a star level. This just distracts from that goal.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

JSWO wrote:
YimYac wrote:

Why the eye roll? Fit's quite talented, but if I'm ROH I'm focusing on our core talents, building them up to a star level. This just distracts from that goal.
No. This makes them look good by defeating an outside star who is more well known. The whole point of guys like Storm and Finlay coming in is to build up the talents ROH has.
TelkEvolon

Post by TelkEvolon »

Finlay vs Strong is what I want to see. That that would be a war!
"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Tree wrote:
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Steen will be involved in a match against Richards in some way shape or form. Bennett will be facing Storm in a rematch...So i'm thinking Finlay vs Jacobs or Finlay vs Edwards! I'm hoping for Elgin vs Cole(Battle of the rising stars) ;)
not sure about Storm-Bennett, unless they've already announced it and i missed it. this only makes sense if Bennett wins again - there's no reason to have Storm go over.
Unless Storm goes over and sets up a rubber match..which Bennett would win. Keeps Bennett safe until Strong turns face(I like that idea by the way good call) then Bennett can finally win the tv title. Maybe even join the HOT with Maria since Brutal Bob seems to be missing nowadays.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

fm20000 wrote: No. This makes them look good by defeating an outside star who is more well known. The whole point of guys like Storm and Finlay coming in is to build up the talents ROH has.

It's one thing if the guy is working a program like Lance Storm, it's another if it's a one off like this is.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
carlcantone

Post by carlcantone »

This
TelkEvolon wrote:Finlay vs Strong is what I want to see. That that would be a war!
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

carlcantone wrote:This
TelkEvolon wrote:Finlay vs Strong is what I want to see. That that would be a war!
You guys will be happy to know that is exactly who Finlay is facing! This show is shaping up to be a really awesome show.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

JSWO wrote:
YimYac wrote:

Well, considering this is likely one show and I'd guess that the point of bringing Finlay in is to help put over one of the rising young talent, how is that not 'building them up to a star level'?
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:
carlcantone wrote:This
You guys will be happy to know that is exactly who Finlay is facing! This show is shaping up to be a really awesome show.
When was this confirmed?
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

SteenMark23 wrote:
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:You guys will be happy to know that is exactly who Finlay is facing! This show is shaping up to be a really awesome show.
When was this confirmed?
Just trust me ;)
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Are you spoiling the announcement?
Last Real Man Hype
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Marketh. wrote:Are you spoiling the announcement?
Nah! Just a bold prediction
fm20000

Post by fm20000 »

I could see Bennett facing Storm again on this show so hopefully that frees up Finlay to face a top talent.